PDA

View Full Version : Now thats strange....

astra03
27th February 2006, 05:47 PM
I was heading north out of Brisbane on Saturday, when a gold AH passed me. I didn't take too much notice until it got just in front of me and I noticed the personalised numberplate

PUG 206

Mmmm, now I wonder, was the Pug traded in on the Astra and they just kept the plate??????

oneightoo
27th February 2006, 05:51 PM
pugeot also made an AH astra, and they called it the 206.. they only made 5 for each country and the gold paint is actual real gold..

InsaneAsylum
27th February 2006, 07:37 PM
I saw a nissan pulsar SSS with a ralliart sticker a few years ago and this question still plays on my mind today.... "Was it a real EVO or not?"

180HOA
27th February 2006, 07:56 PM
When I lived in Brisbane there was a 206 in the area I lived with those plates - so i'd say they traded...

Vectracious
28th February 2006, 12:56 AM
I saw a nissan pulsar SSS with a ralliart sticker a few years ago and this question still plays on my mind today.... "Was it a real EVO or not?"

I have also seen a Lancer with a Type-R sticker on the windscreen. Maybe they ripped out the MIVEC and stuck in some V-TEC.... we will never know.

Back on topic - pretty stupid keeping those plates, they could have sold them for a profit, now they're driving around in a Astra with PUG plates on it....

CJB
28th February 2006, 01:51 AM
I've seen a lot of Pug plates around, but next time I am in Brisbane I will be on the lookout! :p

what area approx??? Cos I never go to the bayside, northside or southside... (do I actually enter Brisbane? :D)

Red AH SRI T
28th February 2006, 07:47 AM
when i was selling Renault's i had a girl trade in her Peugeot 306 with the plates MIS 306 and keep them on her new Renault Megane Convertible :eek:

astra03
28th February 2006, 05:13 PM
Crispy,

It was on the main highway heading to the North Coast area. From memory it passed us on the outskirts of Brisbane, I think around the Pine Rivers area.

CJB
28th February 2006, 05:19 PM
ahh ok, thanks :)

I certainly won't be in that area anytime in the near future.

Oh well.