PDA

View Full Version : Top Cops

MatsHolden
26th February 2006, 07:09 PM
Hey, Went on a cruise last night with the OzEcho club, (flew the flag for the Opels/Holdens!). Cruised from Glenwaverly down to Mornington. When we were takin photo's down in the yacht club car park (all illegally parked lol) the boys in blue turned up, and to our surprise they rolled their window down and said do you want us to park our car in the photo too and were talkin about what types of cars they were. And when we asked if it was alright if we parked here they said well ur illegally parked but you can stay there as long as you want have a goood night. Didn't know there was such a thing as cool cops! haha anyone else experienced the same generousity from the fuzz?

cheers

beep beep sri
26th February 2006, 08:02 PM
any other sort of car and they would have booked the lot of you! ive had many experiences with the mornington cops and let me tell you most have not been good. thats why i got a small nice looking car these days its just not worth the hassle. frankston cops are the worst ive ever experienced. good to hear that you guys had a good night but

EL BURITO
26th February 2006, 08:30 PM
Joodalup coppers no probs (thats probley cos i give em free food at night)
Been stalked home a few times and asked if i find my neons a destraction but beside from that there mostly right

bill142
26th February 2006, 08:36 PM
If there is a group of you its probably not worth the hassle of booking you all as one would get booked and all the others would move before they get a chance to get booked so its not really worth it. And plus, as long as your not causing trouble they will probably just over look it.

PaulyJ
27th February 2006, 12:27 AM
Well some cops are cool, others are McPhuks!
Melbourians will know this...
Elwood beach carpark...
after 11pm they close one entrance, but everybody still drives on using the exit next to the entrance.
Did that about 2 months ago in my mates Soarer. Drove in, coppers on bikes, d!cking everybody.
$174 fine and 3 demerit points just for that.
Reason was and i quote "Disobey no entry sign".

They can seriously go get phuked for that!
Talk about revenue raising!

beep beep sri
27th February 2006, 05:36 AM
paulyj the reason behind them closing the carpark was about 5 or 6 years ago people put oil down in the carpark and it was just out of control. we are talking 2 to 3 nights a week of 200 to 300 people runnen amuck in there copers drive in to stop it and they would get bottled. from what a gather cops down my way are out to do1 thing BOOK YOU for anything and everything no explanation needed just fine you and then not explain it. my brother got booked a week ago for doing a 3 point turn! why i asked him "because it was dangerouse" why was it i asked was there any traffic disrupted or did someone have to skid around you? ofcoarse not! the b!tch could not explain the reasons for it being dangerouse so now he's off to court to fight it

PaulyJ
27th February 2006, 09:19 AM
i just make sure i drive like a granny around that area now.
Get there before 11pm too!

Tell your brother to fight this and fight it hard!
If 3-point turns are dangerous.... why do they teach them when you're going for your license?
Does that mean that all driving schools are teaching 'dangerous driving'?

CJB
28th February 2006, 02:24 AM
I know it's QLD Police, not Vic Police ;)

but... I have had a few nice ones, NOT that I have had many encounters :)

1. When I was done for speeding she deducted 2kms of the speed they caught me doing so I would lose 4 demerit points and not 6 - which would leave me without a licence altogether. I was polite to her from the get go though.

2. Driving in a small country town (town no bigger then 200 metres long), 2am, came around the corner near the last pub doing 75kms and not 60kms... right then a cop car passed me (it was a corner, saw lights but didnt think it was a cop) I drove past saw the markings, saw him start to brake, just saved him the hassle and pulled over. He turned around and came up to where I was parked with his lights on, turns out, he knows my cousin, so we just chatted and let me off with a warning that even though they are country towns, still have speed limits.

Hmm, I am always polite though. I don't know if that helps or not, but it certainly helped that my cousin knew the guy - but then again, maybe it was just because he didn't get an accurate reading of my speed, but knew I was exceeding it slightly... or that it was 2am in a dead country town, must be either drunk or up to no good ;)

CJB
26th March 2006, 08:20 PM
Foget what I said about nice cops.

On Saturday night I had a bright light shone in my face, over and over...

I had questioning, and told to empty my pockets - had my jacket taken off me... had a lady cop go thru my wallet - demand to know why I had $150 cash in there... asked what I had been drinking? Asked me to tell them where I keep drugs and alcohol - asked why I couldn't stand straight...

had the lot... and all I was doing is sitting in the back of my Cuz's WRX and he happened to drive into a park.

Then the nice police people told me to go home and clean my act up. I said nothing, and when I stood there without my coat on I was shaking - and the cop shone the light in my face again and asked if I was having withdrawals... I was like "no, I am cold. It's 14 degrees and windy" and he just said "Don't lie to me son" and I was like wtf!!!

I didn't think they could just go thru my wallet like that - and I have two phones, one that is mine and one that is wrecked from water damage, and I had both of them with me - and they kept asking where I took that second phone from!!!!

Not top cops at all. I didn't do anything wrong, they called my cousin a hoon, and even though he has a WRX - I assure you, he isn't... they called me some not nice names... and asked the girl if she was planning something of a sexual nature! It was just cruising! How do they come to those conclusions???

Having said that - it probably looked sus, two guys and a girl driving, but hello - it's a free country. You can drive anywhere you want to with whomever you want.

MatsHolden
26th March 2006, 08:27 PM
Pricks mate. You can probably report that sort of stuff.

blueraven
26th March 2006, 08:35 PM
mate, put in a well written formal complaint asking for an apology to your self and the girl. Claim the girl is 'distraught' because the cops thought she was a hooker etc... and ask for an apology from the wanker who accused you of being a druggie (unless you are a druggie :) ) if a cop had said that to me, i would have replied "are you on herion??"

show them your intelligent and not to be treated like a little bitch. if that had happened to me the cops would have recieved some serious verbal lashing as it took place (all within the law tho ;) you dont want to get booked for assualt just for swearing :P yes, it happens.) if i am in the right, they will soon know it!!!

(if i am in the wrong i will be one seriously quiet mofo :D )

CJB
26th March 2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks man.

Her sister happens to be a Police officer at Karana Downs... so some words were passed on her end, but apparently Mum tells me it's all because of some new Drug/alcohol busts they are conducting in the Ipswich area. But even so - to force my coat off me, to go thru my wallet... to ask a million questions... to talk to me like sh1t and tell me to clean my act up - well I wasn't doing anything - I was sitting in the back of the car, I didn't even open my mouth.

Regardless of whether drugs or alcohol had been consumed, because I am not even sure I drank that much :confused: it's not the point, I was just standing there quietly, I didn't deserve that.

As for the shaking - IT WAS COLD! Then he turns around with a smart ass comment about me going thru withdrawals.

I didn't respond in a cheeky way, I just politely said I am cold. He left it alone after that and then put my coat in the car.

I am thinking, more then the name calling, she went through my property without authorisation - I am sure they can't do that - and if they found anything, which they didnt, and which they wouldn't have - then I know that evidence can't be submitted because it wasn't attained lawfully.

But after a few drinks, you just get a little... slow.. haha, and I didnt think of that. I was just shocked that she kept asking what I had cash for... and went thru everything, asking why I had credit cards etc...

auzvectra
26th March 2006, 09:59 PM
had a cop pull me up bout 6 months ago, same sorta deal.
shining his bloody torch in my eyes, so i just wound my window up. leavin just a crack at d top. fixed him good, he didnt like it, but i was well within my rights.
i beleive they can pretty much search nething, if they suspect drugs.
back in '00 ish, i got pulled up in my old commodore, was doin nothing wrong at all 50kmh in the right lane on the gold coast hway, turning right.
mind u the car was quick, n had a bit of a name i think.
had me there for 2 1/2 hrs, asking q's, throwing acusations like these mags are stolen, the compliance are fake, that sorta crap, searchd the whole car, including reading paperwork in the glovebox.
in the end "after calling back up for some reason" they could get me for nothing n let me go.

ROCCO
26th March 2006, 10:33 PM
LOL...yeah I have had the same problem with cops in Melbourne, I own 2 cars one my Astra H the other a pretty heavily modded EF Fairmont. Its fully street legal with engineers certifcate that I carry whenever I drive the car. Any way everytime I go through a booze bus point or a cop sees me driving I get pulled over and road worthyed even when I present them with the certificates they don't give a rats...but its all a money razing exercise. they want to fine you...I mean ask yourself this question...when was the last time you saw the cops pull over and roadworthy someone ina **** box or a stcok car? Even if they where driving like morons? Never is the asnwer why? Because if you can spend that much on modding your car you have the money to pay the fines...which is a load of crap but its sooooooo true!

CJB
26th March 2006, 11:17 PM
I just went into town to see Mum before, and when I came into her street before there were cops :eek:

My licence still says I live with her. :eek:

I guess they throw accusations in the hope you will crack... I nearly did too, for some reason I thought I had alcohol in the car with me - but then I kinda came too and realised that was in my car hours earlier that it spilt everywhere when I put the bottles on the seat. So I guess their tactics work -- just sucks that they play dirty.

and as for the if they reason to suspect drugs - well I guess that's fair enough - and who in their right mind would take drugs out with them anyways?

and yes, when my cuz said he worked for QANTAS - the cop asked "So you myst earn a bit"? That was rather rude, and they were looking at his rims, and looking at the car and sound system - you could tell where their thoughts were.

Dave
27th March 2006, 04:06 AM
Haha yeah some are pricks and some are nice, iva had aphuew run in's with them. Probably the funnyest and most expencive time was when igot arrested for rideing a pocket bike and suposedly evadeing them, It turns out they chassed me down the wrong side of the street and into a houseing estate where it took them a good 2 mins to catch up with me by this time i had parked the bike turned it of lit a smoke and was chatting with mates and here they come lights and sirens blareing so they couldnt of been chasen me that hard because i neither heard or saw them, long story short, arrested 1 g worth of fines bike towed YES TOWED and imponded and a nice trip in a piece of **** ford cop car.

One of the other times i was being a dumb arse driveing unlic got pulled over car was searched had an rbt questioned talked to and eventuly because i was polite and co-operated i got let go and told to get the car towed home.

Then not that long ago at 2:30 in the morning i took my bike for a run to the service station and on the way out of all things a cop car pulls up but i got let go and told to walk it home without any question, by far the nicest encounter for doing something illeagle with the cops :)

Therse been other times where ive coped the tickets when m8's have been yellen **** out the window so they see me and go here ya are m8 have a ticket, Entirely depends on the cop, I live next to one and he's a top bloke, But if i run into my old friends in Browns Plains its a different story.

Some are ok Some are just plain ****s.

CJB
27th March 2006, 03:47 PM
Ok, I was told Police can look at all your stuff without permission - if they have due reason to suspect drugs and/or open alcohol in a car.

But that still does not excuse to the accusations and manner of speech.

vectraguy01
27th March 2006, 03:59 PM
my understanding was that they would only be able to search your car if they had a warrant, they cant just do it willy nilly, thats not fair, same as if they were to search your place they need a warrant or your consent to do the search.

MatsHolden
27th March 2006, 04:36 PM
In Victoria they actually can just search your car if they have reasonable suspicion.

CJB
15th April 2006, 05:39 PM
Here we go again...

I know it's Easter and all, but this was just stupid!

Out last night, need to be clean all weekend for reasons, so I was driving, and nothing was open, so town was packed with people... was great - met girls etc, anywho there was this girl that works at KFC driving her new Barina around (and might I say, they fly :eek: ), she was driving like a maniac, anyways people like to beep their horns, and the girl in the Barina was doing it... we are at a set of lights and just before they went green this cop car comes out of the bushes without its lights on and cuts traffic off because as it went green he nudged his way (dangerously) in behind me and that was it... sirens went...

So i pull over and start looking for my licence, and he comes over, a fat bald man, and asks for my licence and asks why I was beeping the horn. I said "I wasn't beeping my horn, it was the Barina behind us" and he said "No it wasn't, we watched, it was you" and I swear it wasnt us... I think doing that is stupid.

So we argued about that, and I am still trying to find my licence... didnt have it on me, so he told me he would write me out a $150 fine... and told me to get out of the car. So I did, an all too familiar feeling... he searched my car, made my mate and cuz get out too... my mate asked what he was searching for, and he said, "Drug search boys" - and again with the light in my eyes. He asked for photo ID, and the whole time we kept telling him it was the girls beeping.

He got stroppy with me, told me I am in no position to be arguing, and told me I need to clean my act up (wtf is with them saying that - I am clean all weekend, I have to be... meh)

anywho the girls came by again and I pointed them out, so next lap the cop made them pull over, meantime I am just standing there. Had to take my coat off again and empty my pockets... the girls pulled over, he spoke to them... and then he came back and told me Purga is in that direction, now get home and I dont want to see you back here, or else I will write that ticket out.

So... we went down the road and then my Cuz was driving the car from then, so we stayed :p

No apology from them... he accused me of beeping my horn when I didnt, and he pressed my horn and reckons "yep, thats the noise I heard" ...

HELLO - the OTHER Barina!

I think my car/name must be on some database of theirs, because I wasn't drinking or anything, and he was still searching for drugs and open alcohol.

and I hate how they make me stand there and shine their torch right into my eyes. It's blinding, and I flinched, and he made a noise like... "ahhhh".

Like I said, I know it's Easter, but I was about to cop a fine for beeping my horn (as well as the licence thing, my own fault) when I wasnt. Definitely would have been a case for appeals.

MatsHolden
15th April 2006, 07:30 PM
Mate Queensland cops sound like wankers! They obviously don't use discretional policing, any young adult must be a druggy or drunk driver. If he had've given you a ticket, there is no way that would have stood up in a court of law.

Dave
15th April 2006, 08:10 PM
that sucks crispy

blueraven
15th April 2006, 09:31 PM
carry your own torch and shine it in his eyes :D ...

i would :)

seriously :D

but if they shine it in your eyes turn around. if they get shirty, say you have an eye condition like me :) i have very sensitive eyes due to sailing on a yacht for about 6 years, the reflection of the ocean really tears up your retinas...so i wear sunnies 99% of the time when i am outside, and my eyes have adjusted a bit so i forget sometimes and end up driving with them on at night.

and yeah, i will bet you car is now on some list that says its suspected for drugs for some reason.

(tho on a lighter note i got pulled over for flying... yes.. flying about 120 in a 60 cos some forker cut me off so i was furious and just blasted off into the distance...but he let me off cos he was a country cop on his way to a meeting or something and i dont think he had any paperwork on him :D )

EL BURITO
16th April 2006, 04:12 AM
blue raven u are a luky fooker

Crispy that sucks bet he will try u agin

CJB
16th April 2006, 10:59 AM
yeah, there is something going on in QLD with Police...

I did get pulled over last night, and in trouble for apparently not listening to him. I said, "dude, I have poor hearing in my right ear"... hahah, he just told me to stop playing around, this is serious.

and yes, a drug search again. *sigh*

It was just a random pull over this time - and he was a little nicer then the cop from the night before, and he didnt shine the light in my eyes. But again, he asked what I was doing with cash on me... it was just $50, gosh! haha.

and yeah blue, I might do that with the eyes thing... sounds like a funny thing, that I would probably never do, but haha, you never know.

vectraguy01
16th April 2006, 09:32 PM
yer i had a run it with cops the other wk, i was speeding too got a ticket 150 and 3 points. 74 in a 60 zone, it was dumb but i did do it, i was looking at the ticket the other nite and they have on it that the veccy colour is green, but it is actually jazz blue, which basically is a bluey/ green, they didnt check the rego sticker so i guess that is there fault, but as they is an error on the ticket can i challenge it or is there no point at all. cop did a search of my veccy dunno y as i was in business atire. weriod cops are weriod.

MatsHolden
16th April 2006, 09:39 PM
yer i had a run it with cops the other wk, i was speeding too got a ticket 150 and 3 points. 74 in a 60 zone, it was dumb but i did do it, i was looking at the ticket the other nite and they have on it that the veccy colour is green, but it is actually jazz blue, which basically is a bluey/ green, they didnt check the rego sticker so i guess that is there fault, but as they is an error on the ticket can i challenge it or is there no point at all. cop did a search of my veccy dunno y as i was in business atire. weriod cops are weriod.

You can challenge it if the details aren't entirely correct, you may get off with a technicality but i doubt you would get off. You'd be pretty hard pressed trying to prove that it wasn't you or you're car that was pulled over, considering all details are correct apart from the colour which they stated pretty close to what it appears to the eye. Hey but could be worth a try, you never know...:)

vectraguy01
16th April 2006, 09:42 PM
yer thats wat i thought. havent decided wat im doin with it yet so yer.

EL BURITO
16th April 2006, 09:43 PM
Dug had this issue a while back were he got off cos it was a corsa on the ticket and the corsa was never sold in Austraila in addition they messed up his rego missing letters or somthin

MatsHolden
16th April 2006, 09:44 PM
Dug had this issue a while back were he got off cos it was a corsa on the ticket and the corsa was never sold in Austraila in addition they messed up his rego missing letters or somthin

Yeh with that you've got a very strong case! lol

EL BURITO
16th April 2006, 09:45 PM
He did get off but i think he had to remove the corsa badge.

MatsHolden
16th April 2006, 09:46 PM
He did get off but i think he had to remove the corsa badge.

Ahhh, that's a point, never thought of that. Wonder if it's illegal to badge your car as something it isn't sold as?

EL BURITO
16th April 2006, 09:48 PM
Its the same AS PUTTING STICKERS stickers on your car if the cops get it wrong that is there fault. If it is not offensive i dout there is any thing they can do. I bet it pisses them off tho

vectraguy01
16th April 2006, 09:51 PM
only thing is there is no other name for a veccy, dame unless u put a astra badge on it, which they get called alot (b model i mean). i should have put the opel word badge on it.

MatsHolden
16th April 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeh I'd say it would, but they shouldn't assume. Yeh I doubt it's illegal, it's just interesting that your mate had to take his Corsa badges off.
Anyway getting back to that ticket with the incorrect colour, I had a similar instance with a parking ticket, they only listed the car as being HOLDEN SEDAN, so I disputed it and yes it should have been HOLDEN BARINA.

CJB
16th April 2006, 11:24 PM
but they could always just look at the Rego sticker, or ask for Registration papers.... ???

They shouldn't rely on badging......

I see the cops are out in force again tonight, but luckily for me - No searches, no pull overs! yayyy

EL BURITO
16th April 2006, 11:27 PM
since when am i ment to carry rego papers in my car????

CJB
16th April 2006, 11:28 PM
I thought you were suppose to?

I do, everytime I pay my Rego (or Mum pays it:p) I slip the new paper into the glove box, burried under all the sh1t!

vectraguy01
17th April 2006, 05:41 PM
he had a quick look at the rego sticker, only at the number of the month for rego, didnt have a look at it otherwise as the wiper blade was sitting over the car colour, noticed that when he was looking at it and then again when i got home the colour on the rego sticker was not seen at all.

blueraven
17th April 2006, 07:44 PM
as far as i know its not illegal to change your badges, hell i have seen a few "mock ricer" cars around, aith about 50 badges on them, one is a honda civic, but with mecedes/bmw and ferrai badges on it, v8 badges off something elses..and ahost of other things :P

if a cop told me to take them off, i would tell him holden seel both opel and chevy badges, and they sell hundreds of chevey badges each day....so ner :P