PDA

View Full Version : Please help with settings...

mr_sikma
24th February 2006, 09:09 PM
Hey,

Before i stuff around with my settings and wreck everything :(

Can someone please give me a hand ;)

When i log off and log back on, i want only the new posts to be highlighted and not the ones i didnt check the last time i was on!

Anyone know what i mean?

Thanks

Turblue
24th February 2006, 09:20 PM
A while ago, I changed the tracking of new posts from cookie based to database tracking. This allows much better tracking statistically. This is why the current "New Posts" view is the way it is.

I don't know if there is a way to customise this. My belief is that there is not.

oneightoo
25th February 2006, 07:54 AM
just click on all forums read at the bottom of the main page.. this will get rid of 16 pages of unread topics.. eventually it will build up again tho if you dont read every thread..

CJB
25th February 2006, 01:37 PM
I know this seems kinda off topic, but at first I hated how they all appeared, was annoying..

but then I found it's pretty good - because sometimes I miss posts, and we can't allow that to happen now can we Wayne or Matchu :)

But like 182 said, there is the 'Mark Forums Read' option, which I do all the time to clear it.

btm
27th February 2006, 11:27 AM
But like 182 said, there is the 'Mark Forums Read' option, which I do all the time to clear it.
i never knew of this option... i like!! :)

Dee
27th February 2006, 11:53 AM
or up the top in the "Quick links" drop down menu, there is a "mark forums read" option there that you can access from any page on the site... the one at the bottom can only be accessed from the index page ;)

mr_sikma
2nd March 2006, 11:22 PM
ok thanks for that ;)