PDA

View Full Version : CRAP!! Just broke my....

btm
24th February 2006, 08:22 AM
I just broke my bonnet release handle thingy.

I ran out of wiper washer fluid this morning and had a spare few mins before having to leave to go to work, so i thought i'd fill it up... pulled the leaver on the inside of the door and *SNAP* broke clean off!! :eek:

i didn't pull it hard or on any weird angle.... has this ever happened to anyone else?

if yes, was it costly to fix? or could it be covered under new car warranty?

Red AH SRI T
24th February 2006, 08:29 AM
*finds it hard not to laugh uncontrolably*

*hugz*

btm
24th February 2006, 09:20 AM
*finds it hard not to laugh uncontrolably*
thank you for your kind words blackie...

Red AH SRI T
24th February 2006, 09:22 AM
oh, so you over look the fact that i gave u a hug as well? :(

CJB
24th February 2006, 11:09 AM
I broke something with my bonnet, ok it's a Barina not an Astra, but because it was just a plastic clip, only was a few dollars to replace.

Looks like you will have to call the Holden parts people :(

WHAT were YOU doing near your car this morning? :p I thought you took the bus or train into the city?

btm
24th February 2006, 12:50 PM
WHAT were YOU doing near your car this morning? :p I thought you took the bus or train into the city?
i catch the train to work, but had to drive my car to the station this morning...

btm
24th February 2006, 02:41 PM
An update....

Called holden where I bought the car from and they said that can cover it under warranty (which is great)

But... (there is always a but...) the next available time i can book my car in is the 13th March!!! :eek:

So now i'm stuck without water in my wipers for 3 weeks :(

Does anyone know how to open the bonnet with out releasing the lever inside the car first?

CJB
24th February 2006, 02:44 PM
Do you really need water in them? I never use mine... or maybe I should?

Does that intefer with your holiday? (the date)

btm
24th February 2006, 02:46 PM
Do you really need water in them? I never use mine... or maybe I should?

Does that intefer with your holiday? (the date)
when you live/play near the beach you use them constantly...

i leave on the 16th so its all ok :)

CJB
24th February 2006, 02:48 PM
ahhh, sea spray. Gotcha ;)

hmm, well good luck with all that. :)

beep beep sri
24th February 2006, 02:57 PM
just go to a different dealership. if your cars still under warranty any holden dealer can fix it for you

R3N
24th February 2006, 02:58 PM
i can give you the exact position of the water refill bottle and you can drill a small hole through the bonnet and through the yellow cover and put a funnel and refill

too easy

btm
24th February 2006, 03:01 PM
i can give you the exact position of the water refill bottle and you can drill a small hole through the bonnet and through the yellow cover and put a funnel and refill

too easy
gee thanks r3n... that would be great for the water restrictions also that we have over here... just leave the funnel in the hole and just leave my car out in the rain :D

CJB
24th February 2006, 03:03 PM
*passes Bryne the drill* :D

btm
24th February 2006, 03:03 PM
just go to a different dealership. if your cars still under warranty any holden dealer can fix it for you
rightio - and is it true that holden dealerships don't do warranty work on weekends? only during the week? cause that's what they told me...

R3N
24th February 2006, 03:11 PM
maybe holden don't pay for weekend labour charges?

might have to ask blackie on that one

CJB
24th February 2006, 03:13 PM
I know all Holden's are different, but ours here in Ipswich aren't open Sundays, and are open Saturdays for half days.. and they will do warranty work on any given day, but you really have to book ahead for a Saturday job.

Go figure, it's their busiest day of the week and the service department shut at lunchtime. :confused:

oneightoo
24th February 2006, 04:33 PM
hey btm it would have been funnier if you said you had broken your foofoo valve..

CJB
24th February 2006, 04:55 PM
hey btm it would have been funnier if you said you had broken your foofoo valve..
I'm lost... :confused:

Gildo
24th February 2006, 09:59 PM
take of the kick panel where it is situated, thers a wire that has probe come lose,
Pull that wire and the bonet shall open :)

Slimcraigie
25th February 2006, 07:08 AM
PM slimcraigie ..................... Do I get any points ;) :D :cool:

(you don't really have to pm me, just spamming)

pred8r
25th February 2006, 08:30 AM
Dont forget they CAN canary you for unroady because your washers dont work. (even if it out of water, no water=not working, knew someone busted for it)

Slimcraigie
25th February 2006, 08:35 AM
Don't forget though the cops are tough on you guys because of the whole "we sent our convicts to Australia" thing

Hahahahahahahahaha just kidding

CJB
25th February 2006, 01:33 PM
Don't forget though the cops are tough on you guys because of the whole "we sent our convicts to Australia" thing

Hahahahahahahahaha just kidding
hahahaha, that was like 10 years ago... GET OVER IT :D hahahahaha

*pulls dumb face*