PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Astro_Boy
23rd February 2006, 08:02 PM
Hi All

Just joined Opelaus after discovering it by chance when searching for exhaust upgrades for Astra Turbo.

Have recently bought a silver SRI turbo after much deliberation and multiple test drives of Renault Clio Sports (great fun but so small), Mazda SP23s (pleasant but a bit bland in performance dept.), WRXs just to see what all the fuss is about (quite fast but very jap and ugly from many angles and so common), Astra SRIs (great car), Barina SRI (also great but a bit small for my needs) and of course the mighty Astra Turbo. I drove every one for sale in WA during 2005 and finally found the right one last November.

It is pretty much stock except for chrome wheels (17s), low springs (Kings I think), very dark tint and a K&N air filter element.

I'm very pleased with it as it is a great alternative to the ubiquitous WRX (and in many cases the attached attitude) and has the sleeper hatch factor as well as a good deal of euro cool. I'm glad I didn't buy the Renault as I've heard that they are easily broken and expensive to fix (and most adults can't sit comfortably in the back seat).

The only complaint I have is that it is a bit too quiet and refined although the K&N filter provides a pleasant induction noise.

I'm keen to do a cat back exhaust upgrade although I'm hesitant to rush in incase I don't get the note I want (euro hi perf. and no drone- not loud jap boy racer, like the many lancers and civics which grace the southern suburbs of WA - often with no performance attached).

Today I discovered Turblue's web site and saw many good upgrades including exhaust but if anyone out there can offer any advice (or a contact in WA) that would be great.

Thanks for reading my inane ramblings and let me know if I'm clogging up the system with too much chat.

enjoy the ride

Astro Boy

pred8r
23rd February 2006, 08:35 PM
welcome and enjoy :)

CJB
23rd February 2006, 08:40 PM
Hey mate. Welcome! :)

Do you have any pics of your ride?

Glad you found us!!!!

oneightoo
23rd February 2006, 08:41 PM
welcome aboard to the site..

you'll soon get to know everyone here, we're all quite friendly..

get some pics up..

PaulyJ
23rd February 2006, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the site dude!
Who is it in WA with an SRiT?
We'll find out for you and let you know.
There's a lot here that will help you with your mods.

Enjoy the site
Take Care
Paul

btm
24th February 2006, 07:11 AM
welcome astro boy!

there is plently of info on SRiT mods on this web - just hit the search button :)

hope you enjoy the site!

R3N
24th February 2006, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the site mate, I'm in WA and happy to help where I possibly can. I'll PM you some details and if need anything just ask.

Maybe I'll see you on the road sometime

lowey22
24th February 2006, 01:54 PM
welcome! don't worry about clogging up the system with too much chat, crispy will beat you on that one :p

CJB
24th February 2006, 01:56 PM
welcome! don't worry about clogging up the system with too much chat, crispy will beat you on that one :p
hahahahahahahaha thanks low balls :)

thats funny.

btm
24th February 2006, 01:57 PM
bahahahahahah :D:D:D

now that's a low blow to the kidneys... :p

CJB
24th February 2006, 02:01 PM
now that's a low blow to the kidneys... :p
what???? :confused: :eek: :confused:

rusole21
24th February 2006, 02:59 PM
welcome astro boy. glad to have another astra turbo driver on the roads of perth. cruise on this sunday. meet at innaloo shops at 12:D

InsaneAsylum
24th February 2006, 03:07 PM
innaloo... what an unfortunate name

CJB
24th February 2006, 03:09 PM
innaloo... what an unfortunate name
hahahaha :D

*wets myself with laughter* oops.

rusole21
24th February 2006, 03:10 PM
there are some wacked names for places here eh. upperswan, dogswamp, coondoola.:D

CJB
24th February 2006, 03:23 PM
*dies with laughter*

hehehehe, we have a 'Blackbutt' in QLD...

but those names... hehehe... :D

oneightoo
24th February 2006, 03:30 PM
new members have to flash their member..

rusole21
24th February 2006, 03:39 PM
yeah we have the best names and also the most amount of mobile multinovas, YES:D

Astro_Boy
24th February 2006, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the site mate, I'm in WA and happy to help where I possibly can. I'll PM you some details and if need anything just ask.

Maybe I'll see you on the road sometime

Thanks for welcome - I think I just missed the details you may have sent - pop up blocker got them - I'm struggling with the technology at the moment but starting to get the hang of it - I hope I can work out how to retreive the message.