PDA

View Full Version : Stock wheel nuts with mags???

mr_sikma
17th February 2006, 08:08 PM
Hey,

Is it possible or safe or legal to run the standard wheel nuts on my barina with non-factory mags???

The nuts i have now are the ones with holes in it, so the wheel nut thread pokes out of the nuts.

The ones i have usually seen on mags are solid and go completely over the wheel thread.

Any replies appreciated ;)

*Please no 'nut' jokes :D

mr_sikma
17th February 2006, 09:32 PM
sorry he nuts dont have holes in them.

they are stocky nuts, will they suit mags or did everyone cange their nuts aswell as the mags?

Alfonzo
17th February 2006, 09:45 PM
I believe I still have my original nuts, thank you very much. :D

Aside my lock nuts, anyhow. If I ever get a flat I'm kinda screwed, while the tool in the boot fits the rest of them *perfectly*, my lock nut key is a size or two too small...

mr_sikma
17th February 2006, 10:35 PM
I believe I still have my original nuts, thank you very much. :D

Aside my lock nuts, anyhow. If I ever get a flat I'm kinda screwed, while the tool in the boot fits the rest of them *perfectly*, my lock nut key is a size or two too small...

so u have 3 standard nits with a lock nut on each wheel?

vectraguy01
17th February 2006, 11:06 PM
u only need 1 lock nut on every wheel, its just a safety thing, and some times when ppl try to steal mags they normal have lock nuts on so its harder for them to get the wheels off.

Alfonzo
18th February 2006, 10:20 PM
so u have 3 standard nits with a lock nut on each wheel?4 standard, 1 lock. It's a Vectra, 5 studder. :)

CateO
19th February 2006, 09:32 AM
Still got the standard nuts + 1 lock !!!!

mr_sikma
19th February 2006, 11:27 AM
thanks for the replies.

i was picturing them to be something different. dunno why! lol

tried getting lock nuts and they said you just get normal ones and then they 'lock-tight' the new thread into the lock nut!

HDTDude
19th February 2006, 11:51 AM
yeah i used the standard ones was gonna get lock nuts for them but the tyre place would have to make them up they didnt have any for that type....

EL BURITO
19th February 2006, 06:18 PM
did u get wheels yet sikma

InsaneAsylum
19th February 2006, 08:43 PM
i use the standard wheel BOLTS

Wattie
19th February 2006, 09:22 PM
i have bolts not nuts, but anywho, most wheel places just give you nice shiny nuts with your wheels :)
i got shiny bolts, they look lots better. unless you have the type of wheeel which hides the nuts anyway