PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guy

blackastraclassic
16th February 2006, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone....I am new to opelaus and I'm from south australia..I look forward being part of this forum...:D

blackastraclassic
16th February 2006, 08:30 AM
ladies don't be offended I mean you too..!!:)

CJB
16th February 2006, 08:35 AM
G'day and welcome!!! :)

I am sure Mr Sikma will be happy to have another SA guy on board!

btm
16th February 2006, 08:38 AM
welcome to the site blackastraclassic

have you done any mods to your car?

oneightoo
16th February 2006, 10:32 AM
welcome dude..

lowey22
16th February 2006, 10:59 AM
welcome :)

rusole21
16th February 2006, 12:16 PM
yeah welcome blackastraclassic, hope you enjoy your stay bud:cool:

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 11:37 AM
welcome to the site blackastraclassic

have you done any mods to your car?
Thanks guys...No I haven't got any signifigant mods to my car apart from the looks... 17 inch ROH wheels ,tints and rear spoiler, looking at getting it lowered next week ..I will upload a picture later on tonight. Would love to know what sort of mods I can do , as I am a bit of a novice but would really like my car to have some sort of cred...hehe

btm
17th February 2006, 12:01 PM
but would really like my car to have some sort of cred...hehe
If you want cred then the only mod you need is Opel badges :p

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 12:37 PM
i meant more along the lines of mechanical....It's only a 1.8 (yeh I know) but i'd like to squeeze a bit more power out of her if possible..??

InsaneAsylum
17th February 2006, 12:44 PM
i meant more along the lines of mechanical....It's only a 1.8 (yeh I know) but i'd like to squeeze a bit more power out of her if possible..??

go for large chrome rims, ones that wieigh about 50kg each. then get more chrome. the more chrome the better, then get neons and as many lights as you can.... that will give you cred

.... on second thought, maybe not.

try fitting a 2" exhaust from the manifold with a resonator and a decent rear muffler (non fart cannon).

make your own cold air intake using stuff from bunnings/some hose and duct supplier.

that will give you a little more power. plus get opel badges, they are good for a few extra ponies plus your car will be void of problems that holdens are faced with

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 12:53 PM
make your own cold air intake using stuff from bunnings/some hose and duct supplier.

that all sounds a bit macgyverish..:) ...anywhere on the net that would help me out.

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 12:59 PM
easy

get pipe

remove existing air intake

attach new pipe to airbox

direct the other end somewhere where air flows cooly

InsaneAsylum
17th February 2006, 01:00 PM
i found my old post here, but the pictures are missing.
http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576&page=4

you might find some stuff on some forum in the UK. i just used trial and error until i was happy.

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 01:04 PM
i found my old post here, but the pictures are missing.
http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576&page=4

you might find some stuff on some forum in the UK. i just used trial and error until i was happy.
yer pics are missing..

did you find more storage spaces?

InsaneAsylum
17th February 2006, 01:11 PM
yer pics are missing..

did you find more storage spaces?
i pulled my finger out, which free'd up an extra storage space :)

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys...I am going to have a go.....any one tried this and stuffed it up,,what about these powerchips I have read about in the other forums?? or have I just jumped in too deep...

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 01:15 PM
powerchips are good for 1kw per $100 spent..

InsaneAsylum
17th February 2006, 01:25 PM
no you haven't gone in too deep, just don't mention anything along the lines of:

"i saw this $30 performance chip on e-bay"

or

"has anyone tried that resistor mod"

or

"it tricks your ecu into adding more fuel, giving more power"

you see the admins are too nice on this forum, if i was admin, you'd be banned for mentioning any of those things.

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 01:32 PM
pretty much if you see something that will work out at a $1 per kw it's not worth it, it will cause harm, see something that works out at $100 per kw it's gonna be worth it, well by worth it i mean not as detrimental to your engine..

InsaneAsylum
17th February 2006, 01:56 PM
my CAI is work about $4 per kw... that's pretty good value*

*guestimate figures only

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 02:05 PM
so if ebay is a taboo ....where can I get a chip and is it easy to install...or should a pro do it.??

InsaneAsylum
17th February 2006, 02:12 PM
well it depends if you want a chip or an "interceptor"/"piggyback" ecu

occasionally you can find the real thing on ebay, but most of them are just gimmicks.

do a search for supercharger. there's an elecrtic supercharger on there now that's gone up to $700+

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 03:45 PM
dont be fooled by the exhaust supercharger.. some weird thing that sits inside your exhaust pipe and air intake..

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 03:54 PM
just found a guide on how to make a cold air intake....will give it a go over the weekend....how much do you reckon I'll be up for for a two inch pipe and a muffler that's not going to sound like every other ****heads car....I just want a nice grumble not a flatout roar...sorry for those of you that like the roar

rusole21
17th February 2006, 03:57 PM
$400is wat i paid for on my car. cat back. but that was 2.5" on an SRi T

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 03:57 PM
where do you guys get most of your parts???

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 04:05 PM
i make my own or find a fabricator, for generic bits and pieces i go to supercheap or auto barn for things like air filters, plugs, leads etc.

rusole21
17th February 2006, 04:07 PM
wat parts? oh yay i just became a member instead of a junior member
like wat the guys said, try bunnings for your flexy pipes or a auto parts shop. also repco has heaps of intake parts. look in the turbo section at my new air intake to see my intake. mine is turbo but you can make wat you want to have less restricted air go into your motor.
also look up 'engine bay pics' :D and look at wat one guy did to his 1.8 liter astra.

oneightoo
17th February 2006, 04:10 PM
anything you can buy from repco or supercheap etc, you can make from material found in your local hardware at a fraction of the cost.. it doesnt look as pretty but does the same thing..

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 08:59 PM
thanks guys you have been a bundle of knowledge ....(and rusole21) I have many more questions...but that is it for today.......except how do I load my pics???

blackastraclassic
17th February 2006, 09:36 PM
don't worry I have answered my own questions......well for the pix anyways...as you can see I really need to lower her...towing a trailer across from sydney to adelaide 5 times...over a two month period has killed the back shockies and gives a nice big gouging grunk noise ....any of you sa opelheads know of a fantastic mechanic please let me know...

FlySri
20th February 2006, 07:05 AM
Welcome !! Enjoy your stay!!