PDA

View Full Version : QSZ products and prices for all

FLY-SRi
14th April 2004, 11:03 AM
hey guys, i been talking to qsz recently about upgrades to my SRI-T, they sent me there performance list if any1 wants to take a look see,

QuattroSport
Zentrum Pty.Ltd

Holden Astra Turbo Performance Options

Highflow Airfilter

• Allows car to breather better giving more power
• Fits into standard air box
• Washable element so it can be used over and over
• No modifications necessary to fit.
• $155

BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox

• Neat carbon fiber design
• Rams cold air straight into your engine giving much better throttle response and torque
• Increases performance over standard air box while maintaining excellent filtering properties.
• Washable element
• $595

AmD Serial Port Chiptuning
• Downloaded straight to your ECU, no soldering.
• Provides big kilowatt gains with corresponding increases in torque.
• Comes with before and after dyno charts at our Melbourne office.
• Dose not affect servicing parameters.
• Can be removed at ant time and returned to standard.
• $1495

Eibach Sports Lowering Springs

• 30mm lowering.
• Reduces body roll and provides a more sporting road holding solution.
• From $555

EBC Kevlar Sport Brake Pads

• Increase's braking power
• Reduces brake dust
• More pedal feel
• Work fine from cold
• No increased disc wear
• GreenStuff front - from $200
• Standard rear – from $115

EBC Turbo Grooved Discs
• Increased stopping power
• Stops brake fade
• Will run to 900 deg without warping
• Front – from $210 each.

All prices include GST.
All prices do not include shipping or fitting.
All prices are subject to variation.
All quotations are valid for 30 days

they also said
" We have only just got our equipment last Thursday so we have not done any local cars as yet, but we have about 10 back orders. Will start as soon as we have the local spec data checked by AmD this week.

I will have charts as soon as we do a car here.
from what AmD say it should be 190-200kw and 350Nm.

Simon
QSZ "

Is this really possible for stock engine with just AMD chiptuning?

Jass
14th April 2004, 11:13 AM
The figures are more towards the 185kw -190kw without any other mods, place a few more kw with a decent exhaust system (dump pipe high flow cat) and a good intake and you should be able to squeeze a few more ponies out of the car close to 200kw maybe a bit more. :mrgreen:

OPL-20T
14th April 2004, 11:52 AM
yes it is possible and thats what many people like c&v performance and amd & sas are saying. 200kw can be reached by a good tuner. and sounds like a good potion at the moment as its been around in the UK for ages and its gotten good wraps over there.
i spoke to qsz today 14.04.04 and they said about 185kw to 200kw with no mods, they will be up in sydney next thurdsay or friday to do the sydney cars here.

$1495 for the ecu upload. not sure how long it takes.

Nem
14th April 2004, 01:50 PM
BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox

• Neat carbon fiber design
• Rams cold air straight into your engine giving much better throttle response and torque
• Increases performance over standard air box while maintaining excellent filtering properties.
• Washable element
• $595

Well it's cheaper at autospeed (http://www.autospeed.com/cms/search/index.html?scope=shop&keywords=bmc+carbon)

Cheers
Ben

My04SRi
14th April 2004, 02:24 PM
Will they have a list of performance kits for the barina SRi?????
yes? :arrow: :mrgreen:
no? :arrow: :(

FLY-SRi
14th April 2004, 02:29 PM
umz im not sure :?: , email them, thet seem pretty nice

thingo
14th April 2004, 02:51 PM
I emailed them last Monday about Barina mods, I guess they have been to busy to reply to me..... :?:

Turblue
14th April 2004, 03:37 PM
Have I got news for you....

Well, I had a visit from Simon from QSZ. Yes, that's right..!!!! Turblue.

Simon contacted me in order to get the ECU data for an Australian SRi Turbo. This data will be sent to AMD in the UK for comparison to the maps in use there. Any changes that need to be made for local conditions will be taken care of at this stage.

At this point the story is as previously mentioned:

AmD Serial Port Chiptuning
• Downloaded straight to your ECU, no soldering.
• Provides big kilowatt gains with corresponding increases in torque.
• Comes with before and after dyno charts at our Melbourne office.
• Dose not affect servicing parameters.
• Can be removed at any time and returned to standard.

$1495

Simon was kind enough to stick around for a bit and discuss/chat his service. He indicated that the maps are within tolerances for the car. Should the maps cause issues in terms of (ECU) running, the car would be returned to factory (they store your maps) and fix the issues. Then they would upload the new maps.

When asked about mods, Simon indicated that there was no need to create new maps. It is recommended that the only mods required for the SRi T are catback, better intercooler and better intake. If I understand Simon correctly, AMD suggest no more than this. The ECU in the Astra is clever enough to take into account these mods on its own. Hence no new maps.

Just something to consider...

I paid $600 for a catback that gave me 4hp. That's $150/hp.
Remap is $1500 and gives about 50hp. That's $30/hp.

I am hoping to meet again with Simon and "play".......

Many thanks go to Simon for his time today.

DrDevil
14th April 2004, 03:40 PM
I emailed them last Monday about Barina mods, I guess they have been to busy to reply to me..... :?:

for what model? SRi?

Jass
14th April 2004, 03:53 PM
The Turbo my friend. BTW Wayne when you speak to him next ask him what happens if we have a dump pipe and no pre cat on the car, specially since we know now that with a full turbo backed exhaust the boost goes up by around 2-3 pounds!

Also how much boost is the car running on 186kw- 200kw?? Is there any change if any?? All this things come into account, no two cars are the same.

slyone
14th April 2004, 03:54 PM

Have you recieve an update about Barina SRi mods yet?

thingo
14th April 2004, 09:23 PM
[quote="slyone
Have you recieve an update about Barina SRi mods yet?[/quote]

Yes I am still waiting for a reply, I guess so they don't need any business, though I notice that the bmc cda has gone up in price (was 550)

ultim8DTM5
14th April 2004, 09:55 PM
There was a few public holidays thingo, remember that. I've never had any issues dealing with QSZ.

dug74
14th April 2004, 10:03 PM
Damn :cry: I wish I owned a astra and not a vectra.. :mrgreen:

thingo
15th April 2004, 06:52 AM
Well ok I received a reply as within ten minutes of my last past so that cant be bad.

sparksy
15th April 2004, 07:58 AM
Well ok I received a reply as within ten minutes of my last past so that cant be bad.

and???

Are they doing things for our little boxes of bolts?

Jass
15th April 2004, 07:59 AM
There usually pretty good

thingo
15th April 2004, 04:30 PM
All I got out of them was

"the cams usually give about 8-10%. We sold some to a chap in SA and he was very happy with them, did not get exact figures.
Contact ALS in Syd. 9798-6511 for chiptuning on your car.
Eibach springs are 30mm lower."

I guess the prices are a secret 'Simon' didn't even spell my name right. He don't seem real keen to deal with me that is for sure.

ultim8DTM5
15th April 2004, 08:58 PM
All I can say is I've had a great experience in dealing with QSZ- then again I'm used to dealing with businesses who recieve over 500 emails a day so I don't expect too much in the courtesy department!

SplogSRiT
15th April 2004, 09:33 PM
Mmmm I want.

Although still a rip off IMO..... but I guess that's the way things work.