PDA

View Full Version : Where in melb to service my car?

wtneo
14th February 2006, 09:06 PM
got my 45k service coming up preeeetty soon, and after hearing all the horror stories regarding dealerships ripping people off, i am kinda skeptical to bring it to my nearest holden.

its my first service since i bought this current astra.

i'm in kensington 3031, but will to drive up to 20kms to a nice place to service it.

also i got a friend who's a mechanic, should i bring my car there instead? i dont car less about the dealership servicing thing, but i do want my car in good shape! they dont have the computer diagnostic systems, but i am very sure they can do a good job. BUT is it possible to bypass the computer diagnostic part of the service and let them do it instead?

cheers!

pred8r
14th February 2006, 09:23 PM
The guys at Preston Motors, Keilor Rd, Niddrie, are really nice.
Besides the workshop is open til midnight and theres some nice eats places close by, so you could make a night of it :)

Tip if they say turn up at 9:30PM ask them what time they go on tea break :D
I got stuck waiting 1/2hr because they booked me in at the start of their tea break :/ and i had nowhere to go.

Wraith
14th February 2006, 10:34 PM
The guys at Preston Motors, Keilor Rd, Niddrie, are really nice.
Besides the workshop is open til midnight and theres some nice eats places close by, so you could make a night of it :)

Tip if they say turn up at 9:30PM ask them what time they go on tea break :D
I got stuck waiting 1/2hr because they booked me in at the start of their tea break :/ and i had nowhere to go.

Good tip, I've been there myself once and will go back again.........

Love the hours, as you say they work night shifts, which is convenient to some of us who are always busy during the day and on weekends.