PDA

View Full Version : Astra 98 TS City

dodgee
14th February 2006, 08:48 PM
I've just bought the astra 98 ts, and it's a sweet ride, I've sat at 180 so far, and it still wanted to keep goin, and it's stantard, I love my new ride.

What I wanted to know is what mods can i do, to get more everything? I've been looking at the Zender bodykit through ssv.com.au any other recommendations? What would be the recommendations for the engine and so forth?

Cheers

Shannon
Broken Hill

oneightoo
14th February 2006, 10:28 PM
welcome to the site dodgee..

start with cat back exhaust, performance panel air filter, de-restrict your airbox, powerchip even.. theres heaps you can do.. replace cams.. build a monster turbo, all depends on your budget..

dodgee
15th February 2006, 08:24 AM
Cheers for the welcome,

I've no worries with the budget, I'll get it all done, bit by bit :P

As to the exaust, a friend told me to get a 2 1/2 " stainless steal system, any other recommendations?

btm
15th February 2006, 09:01 AM
Hey dodgee.... Broken Hill.... I'll be out there next month!

Welcome to the site and good luck with the mods :)

dodgee
15th February 2006, 07:14 PM
what on earth would want to make you come here? lol

I went and got a quote today for a stainless steel 2 1/2 " exaust sys, hi flow stainless steal cat, and extractors $1400 good deal? (inc labour)

Just wondering does anyone know the model number for the genie extractors? I've a bloke looking for me now, fingers crossed that they're made!

Shannon

oneightoo
15th February 2006, 07:18 PM
no need for stainless steel, costs 50% more than mandrel bend and does sweet diddly difference other than look good.. and how often do you look underneath your car??

Mr T
15th February 2006, 07:30 PM
2 1/2" is probably a bit big, I don't think you would get the correct back pressure with that system. I run a 2 1/2" Turbo back system on mine with 1 BAR boost and it is plenty big enough. I'd be looking at a 2" mendrel bend with extractors.

btw welcome dude

dodgee
15th February 2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm sure as you'll see I really don't know that much about cars, exaust or just about anything about them, but i am eager to learn.. So I'll take any advice, or tips and tricks I can get :P

I'll talk to the exaust bloke, about the recommended 2" cheers for the tip btw...

Shannon

Bernard Siong
15th February 2006, 09:38 PM
2inch or 2 1/4 would probably be the biggest

when i went to the exhaust shop they wanted to put 2.5 inch on my 1.6L NA car! i was like narh man 2inch only and they laughed...
i think they get too much customers wanting just noise...

the astra goes well for what it is
is your manual or auto?
i had an auto one and i think it went fine for what the car was. just not the fastest take off....

welcome btw

btm
16th February 2006, 09:16 AM
what on earth would want to make you come here? lol

i like BH... but its only a stop over when I do my road trip from hell with some mates... Sydney ----> Ayers Rock ----> Perth ----> Sydney :D

Over 10,000km in 2.5 weeks :eek:

Mr T
16th February 2006, 10:05 AM
i like BH... but its only a stop over when I do my road trip from hell with some mates... Sydney ----> Ayers Rock ----> Perth ----> Sydney :D

Over 10,000km in 2.5 weeks :eek:

Wheres my invite...!!!

When you get the Zorst done ask if you can listen to it first before you take it, so that if its too loud or sounds crap you can get an extra resonator put in or different mufler.

Tip. most shops would know this, but just incase...get a mufler that fits neatly inside the body moulding (that means no cannons), this will prevent cabin drone.

dodgee
16th February 2006, 11:27 AM
I spoke to the exaust bloke today, and the muffler that they're going to put in, is the only stainless steel one, that fits within the old moulding. only problem is it's 2 1/2" straight through, so she's gonna be loud. They did say though if, it's too loud, they'll put in an extra res.

My baby's in the shop today though, airbag symbol has came up, and the check engine symbol. (Not very happy!) Hopefully it'll all be fixed by this afternoon. :mad:

So after the exaust and extractors, are done, what's the next recommendation to do?

Does anyone know where I could get a turbo astra engine, (front cut). Or even what it would cost?

Cheers

Shannon

dodgee
16th February 2006, 03:44 PM
Well, I've spoken to the mechanic, and we now, know why then engine light has been coming on, my wireing leading up to the coil was NFG (No ****ing Good). Only using 3 cyc. At first they thought it was the coil. which would of been $600 for a replacement, and 1/2 a week wait for the part. :(

The only positive side to it, is it's the car yard, whom, I bought it from who have to pay for it in the long run :P

Just got the car, back and now she's purring again, back to thinking of my exaust :P

Shannon