PDA

View Full Version : Want to Buy a VXR...???

Mr T
14th February 2006, 01:15 PM
Because a few Sydney based people are interested in the VXR and because these are not likely to be a negotiable item, a few months ago I spoke to Blackie to see if a special package could be organised if OpelAus comes together and makes a large quantity order.

Blackie has come through with the goods and when pricing is available we can all sit down with Blackie and his boss and work out the details.

So if you are interested and want to be one of the first to own a VXR, Send Myslef a PM so that you're on the list...and remember the more people we have the more power we have...!!!

Red AH SRI T
14th February 2006, 01:38 PM
Just a side note, anyone wishing to take delivery from the FIRST SHIPMENT needs to have their details in by CLOSE OF BUSINESS WEDNESDAY

oneightoo
14th February 2006, 02:15 PM
whats the price before any sort of opelaus group buy discount??

i am seriously thinking about ditching the calibra project..

Red AH SRI T
14th February 2006, 03:09 PM
whats the price before any sort of opelaus group buy discount??

i am seriously thinking about ditching the calibra project..

No exact price yet, besides BELOW $43K

BassyAstra
14th February 2006, 03:37 PM
Wow thats crazy.

Your could potentially get a mad group buy and get some amazing deals.

If the deal comes down to 35grand for a VxR, count me in:p *cries*

Shaun
14th February 2006, 03:58 PM
Below 43k + ORC?
I am looking to buy one but it wont be in the 1st batch. Im off to Europe in the end of may for 32 days. (UK and Singapore as well and hoping to get a ride in Aussie_in London VXR.) Will the Opelaus Discount still stand in 6 months time?

Mr T
14th February 2006, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't think so. See the special deal, what ever that may be, would be only achievable because we would have several people buying at once.

BassyAstra
14th February 2006, 04:15 PM
You usually get an awsome deal buying just 2 cars at once from a dealer, this would be unmissable.

Mrs T
14th February 2006, 05:35 PM
Argh...

Not fair not fair....

What to do, what to do.....

Why oh why does it need to be a 3 door???????

Ill have to have a think.... I was all set for one a month ago

btm
14th February 2006, 05:41 PM
how things change so quickly.... :D

Mrs T
14th February 2006, 05:41 PM
he he yeah

Red AH SRI T
14th February 2006, 05:46 PM
Below 43k + ORC?
I am looking to buy one but it wont be in the 1st batch. Im off to Europe in the end of may for 32 days. (UK and Singapore as well and hoping to get a ride in Aussie_in Londons VXR.) Will the Opelaus Discount still stand in 6 months time?

I'm not sure about the time between shipments.

If u like i can enquire as to holding over the deal for you.

It would be stupid if our dealership refused to assist you. Let me see what i can do.

What colour whould u go for shaun?

Also, 6 months time is when deliveries would BEGIN on the first batch, you dont need to pick up the car straight away, but u could secure one of the first and we would keep it in storage at the deal price for when ur ready

oneightoo
14th February 2006, 05:50 PM
what sort of rate of interest could be gotten if finance is taken thru the dealership? i take it holden still use esanda?

Shaun
14th February 2006, 06:00 PM
Thats cool.. about the deal.Arden Blue or Flame red.

My Problem being is i need to hold on to my SRi T alittle longer as well as my Holiday. Im thinking about March 07 for the VXR. If i bought my own finance would that be o.k? I get Staff rates where i work thats all.

pred8r
14th February 2006, 09:30 PM
what sort of rate of interest could be gotten if finance is taken thru the dealership? i take it holden still use esanda?
I think its dealership dependant, my loan was through St George.
Mrs Preds was through GMAC, different GM dealer though.

Oh FYI the interest rate through the dealership was 1% lower (9.??%) than i could find anywhere else (almost 11%).

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 07:36 AM
Our dealership uses ESANDA, and no the deal wouldn't be refused if u didnt want to take our finance.

So long as you pay for the car with legal funds :eek:

btm
15th February 2006, 09:25 AM
Oh FYI the interest rate through the dealership was 1% lower (9.??%) than i could find anywhere else (almost 11%).
that's a rip for a new car loan!

i went to a credit union and got 7.2% for my new car loan... (went up to 7.45% last interest rate rise though)

Nem
15th February 2006, 12:32 PM
Who's this offer open to?

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 01:06 PM
Offer open to OpelAus who expresses their interest in purchasing a HSV VXR through Heartland Holden Parramatta

oneightoo
15th February 2006, 02:00 PM
can our interstate members take advantage of this offer and have their work of art shipped to them??

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 02:30 PM
i think something could be arranged for those people

we have previously sold HSV's to people in both Brisbane and Melbourne and trucked them to the owner

I need to know if anyone else is interested, cause i have to email stock control tonight

The Sentinel
15th February 2006, 03:13 PM
I'm certainly interested.
I'm in Brisbane though.

What would be there deal there?

What sort of cost would be involved in shipping it??

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 03:19 PM
well, u can either work it into the deal, or pay for it yourself

Last time we shipped a vechile to brisbane it cost abotu $1000 for a covered car carrier, of course uncovered is a lot cheaper

CateO
15th February 2006, 03:23 PM

I got my finance thro Holden and they went thro St George.
Not sure if this works for every location ... :rolleyes:

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 03:45 PM
Price will be announced MONDAY

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 05:18 PM
Heartland Holden Parramatta has Requested 12 Cars from the first shipment, 3 of each of the four colours :D

BassyAstra
15th February 2006, 05:44 PM
Price will be announced MONDAY

Very interesting.

Captjono
15th February 2006, 06:51 PM
Very interested...but...

Don't think I could convince the wife I needed a new car after having the SRiT for less then half a year!

What an opportunity though...

It might get me even with Heartland Holden after ripping me off for the SRiT! ;)

Oh well...I'll just have to still 'want one'!!!

pred8r
15th February 2006, 10:24 PM
that's a rip for a new car loan!

i went to a credit union and got 7.2% for my new car loan... (went up to 7.45% last interest rate rise though)

Sounds like its attached to a house or you had a deposit for that rate, Which CU?

oneightoo
15th February 2006, 11:05 PM
not really.. gateway credit union is who the cba use, and they offer our staff 8% personal loans..

aussie_in_london
16th February 2006, 03:48 AM
Below 43k + ORC?
I am looking to buy one but it wont be in the 1st batch. Im off to Europe in the end of may for 32 days. (UK and Singapore as well and hoping to get a ride in Aussie_in London VXR.) Will the Opelaus Discount still stand in 6 months time?

of cause you will be getting a ride mate, you got my number,
wont be pushing out the standard 237bhp by then though, currently 252 at the moment and if all goes to plan approx 285bhp by April ;)

pred8r
16th February 2006, 08:19 AM
not really.. gateway credit union is who the cba use, and they offer our staff 8% personal loans..
Aaaah the old staff/'mates rates' interest rate (currently 8.5% on new)

I got no mates :(

btm
16th February 2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds like its attached to a house or you had a deposit for that rate, Which CU?
its a secured loan against the car

it was with Randwick Credit Union (which has since been taken over by SGE Credit Union)

It is an extremly good rate - I work for a bank and I couldnt even get a staff rate as low as that..... :eek: weird....

Red AH SRI T
16th February 2006, 10:12 AM
i'm on base rate with esanda at the moment, and shall get the same when i upgrade :D

BassyAstra
17th February 2006, 08:32 PM
its a secured loan against the car

it was with Randwick Credit Union (which has since been taken over by SGE Credit Union)

It is an extremly good rate - I work for a bank and I couldnt even get a staff rate as low as that..... :eek: weird....

Oi man thats my bank, i told you about them.
They are the best, been dealing with them for years, ebay powerseller :rolleyes: *blush*

pred8r
17th February 2006, 11:44 PM
After a quick look at their site, the New Car loan is about the best thing there(8.75%). If its not a new car its personal-secured in which case its 10%, which is not so great/average.

Blackie, what rate do you get through esanda?

Red AH SRI T
18th February 2006, 09:55 AM
let me check for you, i have NOOOOOOOOO idea!!!

Shaun
20th February 2006, 05:06 PM
Any word on Pricing?

Red AH SRI T
21st February 2006, 07:26 AM
not yet, but i will push to get answers today

Shaun
21st February 2006, 12:18 PM
Any Answer from HSV though ?

Red AH SRI T
21st February 2006, 07:01 PM
thats what i mean, HSV said monday but still no word as of yet :(

trust me, as soon as i know i will post straight away!

Shaun
21st February 2006, 07:52 PM
Cheers Kurt. They are holding out as long as they can and also they are very tight lipped about it.

pred8r
23rd February 2006, 10:46 AM
bump, any word yet? i just want to whine about how much of a good deal i missed out of to Mrs Pred

My argument was 'But honey, you cant drive a house?'

i got the 'look'

i shut up

btm
23rd February 2006, 02:54 PM
Oi man thats my bank, i told you about them.
They are the best, been dealing with them for years, ebay powerseller :rolleyes: *blush*
you didn't tell me about them...

i bought my car almost 2 years before i had even heard of opelaus....

sparks
23rd February 2006, 10:02 PM
you be waiting a long time for the vxr as it will not see australia this year....
too much demand in uk...

BassyAstra
23rd February 2006, 10:05 PM
you didn't tell me about them...

i bought my car almost 2 years before i had even heard of opelaus....

Ketamine is screwing with my head.

caspers turbo
25th February 2006, 09:31 AM
you be waiting a long time for the vxr as it will not see australia this year....
too much demand in uk...

*screams nooooo*

What the?:confused:

oneightoo
25th February 2006, 10:25 AM
those mofo's!!!

bill142
25th February 2006, 10:32 AM
Nah the UK can wait. We're more important.

Red AH SRI T
25th February 2006, 07:18 PM
too much demand in uk...

Sorry to tell you, But I sell HSV and HSV have taken dealer orders and instruced them the cars will be in showrooms in July/August

BTW, sorry guys still no word on Price, will try again on Monday

btm
27th February 2006, 12:24 PM
just tell 'em the price son!! :D

oneightoo
27th February 2006, 02:19 PM
whats the word blackie?

Shaun
27th February 2006, 07:59 PM
No word as of yet Kurt?

Red AH SRI T
28th February 2006, 07:45 AM
sorry guys, im hassling them non stop, i think they may be about to send out the mob to kill me if i keep ringing them!

Shaun
3rd March 2006, 07:03 PM
Still No price?

Red AH SRI T
4th March 2006, 09:39 AM
sorry :(

Red AH SRI T
4th March 2006, 08:56 PM
thought i should mention it here, it is posted elsewhere but.....

I'm asking more members who are interested in purchasing a VXR to submit suggestions to me in regards as to what they would like seen in the specail OPELAUS package that HEARTLAND HOLDEN will create for them.

All reasonable requests will seriously be considered, please pm me

Cheers! :D

pred8r
5th March 2006, 12:22 AM
thought i should mention it here, it is posted elsewhere but.....

I'm asking more members who are interested in purchasing a VXR to submit suggestions to me in regards as to what they would like seen in the specail OPELAUS package that HEARTLAND HOLDEN will create for them.

All reasonable requests will seriously be considered, please pm me

Cheers! :D

Vauxhall VXR badging :D

Shaun
18th April 2006, 09:52 AM
Kurt,
Is there any update on a price of the VXR at this stage?

Red AH SRI T
18th April 2006, 09:59 AM
no, however i ahvent been at work for a few days due to easter, when i get back tomorrow i shall enquire

I know we have a training session in the next 3-4 weeks for the Astra diesel and SRi Turbo, maybe we will find something out then?

I will also try and speak to the HSV rep :D

Shaun
18th April 2006, 10:38 AM
been trying to get information from HSV on the site but nothing. like trying to get blood out of a stone.

Also kurt im hearing 100 units will be imported to australia for 2006 and that most of those are pre orders. is that the case?

Red AH SRI T
18th April 2006, 10:42 AM
i haven't heard anything about numbers except for each HSV dealer was asked to submit how many cars they would like out of the first shipment.

MatsHolden
18th April 2006, 09:19 PM
It'll be an almost impossible task to get test drive of one before you make your decission if you want to buy one or not, will it not? Considering they're not going to be high volume shipments.

Red AH SRI T
19th April 2006, 07:36 AM
we will be placing one as a demonstrator and marking it "DO NOT SELL"

MatsHolden
19th April 2006, 08:43 AM
Ahh ok. Are HSV going to have one demo per state or something that they pass around various dealers?

Shaun
19th April 2006, 09:13 AM
Kurt will there be that special test drive you were talking about for people are Keen about buying one?

Wattie
19th April 2006, 10:48 AM
just bloody get the f#@kers on the bloody road god dammit!!!!
im sick of all this waitning and talkin, i wanna see one with nsw plates on it smoken it past me on the road...

Red AH SRI T
19th April 2006, 02:14 PM
LMAO @ WATTIE

hehehehehe

yes, im trying to pull some strings with the test drive, to make it more than just your average 10 minute drive around the block.

Make suggestions if u like

and dealers will be responsible for having their own demonstrators

blueraven
19th April 2006, 04:24 PM
meaning their wont be a single demo in the country :)

Shaun
19th April 2006, 06:09 PM
LMAO @ WATTIE

hehehehehe

yes, im trying to pull some strings with the test drive, to make it more than just your average 10 minute drive around the block.

Make suggestions if u like

and dealers will be responsible for having their own demonstrators

Drive day of HSV Products @ Eastern Creek ? or a Day test drive?

Red AH SRI T
20th April 2006, 07:48 AM
i was thinking something along those lines :D

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 08:28 AM
how easy would it be for you blackie to steal the keys one night?

Red AH SRI T
20th April 2006, 08:09 PM
i don't need to steal, i already have permission to have one for a week as soon as they come out :p

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 08:30 PM
can we organise a nsw cruise that weekend??

Red AH SRI T
20th April 2006, 08:54 PM
how about i organise to have the car on my weekend off, and i let u all know as soon as i know when that weekend will be, and we go cruising? :D

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 09:00 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 09:00 PM
tho you could just organise for everyone interested in getting one to meet somewhere and check it out..

Red AH SRI T
20th April 2006, 09:02 PM
and make evveryone else miss out???

Sounds EVIL!!!

I LIKE IT! :p

oneightoo
20th April 2006, 09:03 PM
exactly.....

Shaun
21st April 2006, 09:21 AM
i like the cruise idea when you have one for the week.

Do we know a confirmed date or release atm or not?

Red AH SRI T
22nd April 2006, 11:00 AM
no, not yet

be sure to know that you will be amongst the first to know ;)

Shaun
22nd April 2006, 02:11 PM
no, not yet

be sure to know that you will be amongst the first to know ;)
cool.. HSV are very tight about price atm as well.

Red AH SRI T
22nd April 2006, 04:35 PM
tight as a fishes a$$

Shaun
22nd April 2006, 06:34 PM
tight as a fishes a$$
I know.. but they can be
they have what i want...

drewm
4th May 2006, 10:59 PM
Took me a while to catch onto this thread.... but I am interested to check out the demo when you get it in. As for buying...maybe sometime in 2007 :) Im hanging to test drive the VXR, XR5 and 3 MPS back to back.

Anyone else see the test of XR5 on 5th gear?? Sweet sounding motor, pity bout the looks. Saw the pricing on Ford Aus website today and they want $1800 for the 'Electric Orange' finish :eek: . Thankfully HSV won't be crazy enough to charge such an exorbitant amount for Arden blue on a VXR....

Shaun
5th May 2006, 12:58 AM
I will be going in a VXR before the hit our shores. I have a ride arrange while im in the UK next month. I will be getting some footage and some pics thats for sure.
any more news yet Kurt?

Red AH SRI T
5th May 2006, 07:22 AM
sorry peeps, im hanging for news just as much as you are!!!

Shaun
5th May 2006, 10:54 AM
its painful. they dont even have any info on the up coming SRi T let alone the VXR.