PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY! Arrival date for AH SRiT...and Diesel Astra too!

Red AH SRI T
14th February 2006, 09:49 AM
Hi peeps, thought i would be the first to let u know arrival for Astra SRi Turbo and Diesel is set down for May/June.

YAY!

Although the first allocation is TINY!!!

for our group of 4 dealers we have only 4 Diesels, three autos and one manual and just ONE, ONE, ONE, YES O N E SRiT!!

WTF?!

btm
14th February 2006, 09:53 AM
only one...!! :eek:

how many for Oz all up?

sp0t69
14th February 2006, 10:06 AM
I am looking at the Astra diesel, what sort of price am I looking at for a CDXI spec auto?

And is the features list, on the Holden website, in addition to the normal CDXI spec?

Red AH SRI T
14th February 2006, 12:28 PM
As soon as i know prices i will let u know

Not sure how many SRi's for the whole of Australia

BassyAstra
14th February 2006, 03:40 PM
You know you want to invite me to the next Holden Drive day Blackskie.

Alfonzo
14th February 2006, 05:11 PM
Can you please explain why there is such a sudden rush of all these diesel models coming over?

It's not just Holden, a few of the other manufacturers are doing also - petrol prices have stabilised, is this a late knee-jerk reaction that semi-backfired?

btm
14th February 2006, 05:14 PM
is this a late knee-jerk reaction that semi-backfired?
that's probabaly the best way to describe it... but i still think it'll work for the companies - not just holden...

BassyAstra
14th February 2006, 05:19 PM
is this a late knee-jerk reaction that semi-backfired?

Blackskie knows all about the jerky jerkster jerks jerk jerk junk jizz ching.

sp0t69
14th February 2006, 08:27 PM
I think it's because of the new higher quality diesel fuel now available. The crap diesel we used to have meant lots of these engines wouldn't work properly.......

Don't quote me :)

sammykkwok
15th February 2006, 01:07 AM
Looking at the type of engine available for the AH, at this moment, there is only the old 1.8L ECOTEC which have been extensively criticised for its performance in the heavy AH Astra. We all know the 1.8L engine is outdated, and the AH serious in needs of a better engine. The AH is pretty much the slowest car among other same class competitors.

I reckon it is a smart move for Holden to introduce the 1.9L diesel engine. I think not just because everyone within the industry is importing diesel cars, but the fact that Holden REALLY NEEDS a decent engine and transmission system to go with the AH Astra. Don't forget the Diesel come with a 6 speed auto and Manual.

Can we all imagine the performance gain over the 1.8L engine?

0-100km/h speed improved from 11.3sec to 9.1sec for the auto. (according to www.opel.com) Thats faster then the SP23!!!

If you look at the engine types available for the AH in europe, performance wise, there is only 1 engine fit in between the 1.8L ECOTEC and the 2.0L ECOTEC turbo engine, and thats the 1.9L diesel.

Sammy

Rekord
15th February 2006, 09:06 AM
i currently own an Opel Corsa CDTI and i can tell ya, they go well!!! and its a 1.2 ton car!!
i have the 1.7 CDTI motor (74kw & 240nm)

the 1.9CDTI is 110kw & 320nm

they are very nice diesel motors, the common rail technology is very nice
for the turbo diesel engine

it is a more powerfull motor than the 2.0L Ford turbo diesel (100kw) we have in South Africa and also more powerfull than the BMW 2.0L turbo diesel (109kw) (E46 shape), VW 1.9L turbo diesel (96kw) motors we have here

the 1.9L ecotec Commin-rail Diesel Turbo Injection (CDTI) is a DOHC diesel motor that halls ass :D

Mr T
15th February 2006, 09:27 AM
I think it's because of the new higher quality diesel fuel now available. The crap diesel we used to have meant lots of these engines wouldn't work properly.......

Don't quote me :)

I am going to quote you...hehe…because you’re right...!!!

The government has legislated that diesel fuel in Aus must be sold with a sulfur content of less than 500 parts per million. Previously there was no legislation at all, it is predicted that it was around 1500-5000 region, as it was never governed nor managed.

Large diesel engines such as trucks and some small engines found in Toyota's and Isuzu for example will run on anything so this posed no problem apart from the requirement to clean injectors regularly.

Latest technology diesel engines require diesel to be almost atomised when entering the combustion chamber, hence very small injectors (about the size of a human hair) and very high pressure fuel pump (about 3,000 PSI) The high sulfur content of yesterdays diesel would clog these injectors in no time.

500 parts per million is still too much, it will come down more in the future, Euro IV emissions controls due here in 2008 will require 50 parts per million.

blueraven
15th February 2006, 12:22 PM
so... my question is..

what engine does the sriT have in it now? and i suppose holden isnt bothering too much with it because most will opt for the hsv astra....

according to CAR magazine, the std sriT is now only 180hp...i would imagine that would make it a much slower car than the old sriT....

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 02:29 PM
The SRiT has the same engine that the previous model had, 147kW

oneightoo
15th February 2006, 02:46 PM
but is heavier isnt it?

Red AH SRI T
15th February 2006, 03:21 PM
i should think so

Unless the AH has been on a diet a la VT Commonwhore