PDA

View Full Version : finaly got defected

low astra
12th February 2006, 04:49 PM
just a quick note to let u all know that my astra will no longer be as low,

got defected today, $75 and warned that if it ist fixed in 14 days i will recieve a $275 fine for non compliance, the officer took a quick measuremen t of the front bar and my car was sitting at about 90mm without passengers, and under 80 with 2 passangers and no fuel, therefore with 5 passangers averaging 86kg and 3/4 tank of fuel (which is required for the qld transport quideline) the officer susgested my car would be closer to 60mm ride height,

best bit it my exhaust, was quiter at 3500rpm than idle so i got off the 2loud fine because the law is that the mesurable point is at 75% off operation, therefore 4500 rpm but i only did 3500,

amazingly they didnt notice my car doesn't have a rego sticker, didn't evan look for one,

as a result from todays activitys with the police i will be selling a set of lowered springs, maybe the car 2

PaulyJ
12th February 2006, 04:58 PM
Dont sell the car, just raise it enough to be legal

CJB
12th February 2006, 05:19 PM
Would this have something to do with me not being able to get a hold of you??? :eek: I have gum for you dude!!!

anyways, on topic...

yeah just raise it a little. ha ha did this happen in Toowoomba? I am sorry dude, but you knew it was coming ;) surprised you got away with it for so long you cheeky sh1t! :)

ONCE AGAIN since this is the ONLY way to get a hold of you - turn your phone on or stick with the one number dude ... ha ha ha

RapidSRi
12th February 2006, 09:00 PM
So it potentially could have been unregistered but they were more interested in the ride height. go figure

btm
13th February 2006, 08:37 AM
So it potentially could have been unregistered but they were more interested in the ride height. go figure
yeah that is weird... usually when they get you for one thing, they go all out and get you for every other little thing they can possibly find...

PaulyJ
13th February 2006, 11:36 AM
Thats true that once they start, they usually dont stop till they d!ck you for everything.

A friend of mine tho only got busted for the following:
~ No water on washer bottle
~ Parker globe blown
~ Cracked right mirror

Go figure

btm
13th February 2006, 11:39 AM
no water in the wiper washer bottle.... you've got to be kidding!!! :eek:

CJB
13th February 2006, 11:47 AM
YET - In Ipswich on Saturday night there were cops two cars in front of me following an old Commodore with ONE tail light working and that light was faded so much it was orange. The cops joined the procession mid way thru, so I know they didn't pull him over.

But no water in a washer bottle? wtf!

PaulyJ
13th February 2006, 12:02 PM
Yes and i'll tell you why. In case of an emergency your window gets dirty (mud, whatever) you need to be able to wash it off and continue driving.

Its apparently a safety feature on your car...

btm
13th February 2006, 12:03 PM
he should have said to the cops....

"Don't you know there are level 2 water restrictions on at the moment... I thought that cause i couldnt water my garden, then i couldnt fill up my wiper washer fluid either....."

:D

PaulyJ
13th February 2006, 12:06 PM
he should have said to the cops....

"Don't you know there are level 2 water restrictions on at the moment... I thought that cause i couldnt water my garden, then i couldnt fill up my wiper washer fluid either....."

:D

AHAHAHAHA Comment of the year!