PDA

View Full Version : upgrade Multifuntion Display???

JR
12th February 2006, 03:01 PM
ello ello,

i've got a 02' ts astra g - city spec.
at the moment the centre console display is the basic unit - showing only date/time/temp/radio/cd.

wat i want 2 do is transplant the multi-function display units (like those found the higher spec models, SRi, CDx) into mine.

is this possible? anyone done this before?
does the astra city have a trip computer onboard already?

all suggestions will b appreciated

cheers
JR

Slimcraigie
12th February 2006, 11:35 PM
The oil sump is different it has a sensor in it and the dash panel is different too

PaulTheBall
13th February 2006, 08:20 AM
Try asking these guys if they have a newer model:

http://www.v-tuning.com/tid_info_display.htm

JR
14th February 2006, 12:21 AM
hey paul.....thanx for dat link.

i've shot them an email - hopefully they come back with positive answer.

cheers,
JR

btm
14th February 2006, 10:00 AM
let us know how the outcome JR - i'd be interested to know

NUTTTR
14th February 2006, 08:27 PM
ello ello,

i've got a 02' ts astra g - city spec.
at the moment the centre console display is the basic unit - showing only date/time/temp/radio/cd.

wat i want 2 do is transplant the multi-function display units (like those found the higher spec models, SRi, CDx) into mine.

is this possible? anyone done this before?
does the astra city have a trip computer onboard already?

all suggestions will b appreciated

cheers
JR

I have done it to an SRi :) I know how!! I know how!!! :)
It's pretty easy, but you've gotta be good with electrical stuff......... I MIGHT have a spare display... not sure yet, but you'll need wiring, pretty much you have to get the display and loom from the UK from someone nice enough to visit a wreckers for you... then you have to wire it all up, tap into the computer, etc for connections. You won't get the "CC" control which is check control for light bulbs, etc as that is a PITA to install :) Everything else is 'easy' for me anyway :)

Aaron

Chris R
16th February 2006, 08:49 AM
done same with a combo van. need to have both harnesses side by side hen you do it.

woody
17th February 2006, 05:10 PM
I have done it to an SRi :) I know how!! I know how!!! :)

So Nutsy boy... got a how to ? spare screen.. ? and how (if at all poss)can we get the cc stuff working..... ?

NUTTTR
17th February 2006, 08:33 PM
No how-to yet until i pull apart the car again :) I've got a proper loom now, so that makes it neater.... No spare screen yet.... You CAN get the CC stuff working, but you need the check control unit as well and wiring that goes to the lights, etc (brake light connections, headlight, low/high beam connections, etc) so it means tapping into wiring everywhere all over the car..... It's a big task for that...
Aaron

woody
22nd February 2006, 03:46 PM
Bugger.. it's never an easy task.. i'm waiting for the day when i suggest something and some one says "yeah mate you need a toilet roll and some childsafe scissors and it'll take you 2 and a half minutes but your car will increase in power by 20KW"

S'not gonna happen is it...:(

pred8r
22nd February 2006, 08:57 PM
Bugger.. it's never an easy task.. i'm waiting for the day when i suggest something and some one says "yeah mate you need a toilet roll and some childsafe scissors and it'll take you 2 and a half minutes but your car will increase in power by 20KW"

S'not gonna happen is it...:(
Yes it will

1) Stuff airbox with roll of toilet paper FIRMLY
2) Drive around for next few days
3) Remove paper from airbox with scissors, if you didnt need scissors you didnt pack firm enough, repeat first 2 steps
4) Go for a drive - at LEAST a 20Kw increase on what you had yesterday

Disclaimer: i have no idea, if you also have no idea, pay someone who does. <---- edited - due to poor sentance structure

woody
23rd February 2006, 09:45 AM
Yes it will

1) Stuff airbox with roll of toilet paper FIRMLY
2) Drive around for next few days
3) Remove paper from airbox with scissors, if you didnt need scissors you didnt pack firm enough, repeat first 2 steps
4) Go for a drive - at LEAST a 20Kw increase on what you had yesterday

Disclaimer: i have no idea, if you have no idea too, pay someone who does.

:D TOO FUNNY :D