PDA

View Full Version : New Barina Sedan Pic

blackSRi
9th February 2006, 05:40 PM
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5098710,00.jpg

Chevrolet Aveo which comes to us badged as Holden Barina sedan in February

PaulyJ
9th February 2006, 05:48 PM
i really dont know what to think about it...

blackSRi
9th February 2006, 05:58 PM
i really dont know what to think about it...
So sexy, look at the little dinky wheels lol

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 06:23 PM
the aussie version of this car has the Worlds largest holden badge in the grille!

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 06:30 PM
here ya go!

http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=8596416&S=ISS
http://tcimages.net/DisplayImage.aspx?PD=8596417&S=ISS

PaulyJ
9th February 2006, 06:33 PM
reason i say that is because barina's have always been hatches... this is the first sedan...

blackSRi
9th February 2006, 07:14 PM
Ah, yes. Maybe the badge looks disproportionately big cos the car is small in comparison (ie they used Commodore badges)?

bill142
9th February 2006, 09:04 PM
Ahh and the inflitration of Daewoo's continue. I do believe the next model we see here will be a suv to compete with the likes of the territory.

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 09:13 PM
Ah, yes. Maybe the badge looks disproportionately big cos the car is small in comparison (ie they used Commodore badges)?

no, the badge is really truly H U G E.

I saw the car at the motorshow at sydney, and that badge aint off any other model!

CJB
9th February 2006, 11:45 PM
Hmm, such a HUGE badge on such a little car :p kinda reminds me of...... anyways...

Is it bad if the sedan looks better then the hatch? :eek:

I still stick with what I said a VERY long time ago - looks like a shrunken Commodore.

Some HUGE bling bling wheels would look nice on it. *sigh* but it's a Daewoo...

imay
10th February 2006, 07:20 AM
no, the badge is really truly H U G E.

I saw the car at the motorshow at sydney, and that badge aint off any other model!

What . . . even bigger than the abomination that graces the front of the Vectra?
What's with these car companies? Playing a game of "Mine's bigger than yours!"

Red AH SRI T
10th February 2006, 07:55 AM
its all about Bling Bling

btm
10th February 2006, 09:00 AM
that is friggin' Ugly (with a capital U!)

Mr T
10th February 2006, 09:25 AM
That thing is the bomb...big wheel arches, emphasised by the poofy 14" made in 1982 Alloys...FANTASTIC...!!!

Can you beleive that inside that little bonnet they can fit a whole 1600...with over head cam...OMG...!!!

Red AH SRI T
10th February 2006, 09:27 AM
actually the wheels are 15's, just like the Barina hatches :p

The Don
10th February 2006, 09:38 AM
Can you please get that bloody daewoo out of opelaus please.

I do not want to be associated with such trash.

If you insist, I'd kindly urge mods to move it to the joke section.

Mr T
10th February 2006, 10:36 AM
Can you please get that bloody daewoo out of opelaus please.

I do not want to be associated with such trash.

If you insist, I'd kindly urge mods to move it to the joke section.

The people of OpelAus like to discuss all makes and models regardless if they are HBD's (hehe I think were on to something here another TLA to the repertoire).

I’m a Mod...in fact Wayneo calls me a ‘Super Mod’ and I think that where it is quite fine.

180HOA
10th February 2006, 07:05 PM
I reckon it'll sell... Remember the 121 sedan - the one that looked like a jellybean? They looked 'cute' and were a sedan - which is damn rare in a small car... so they pretty much had their own little niche market. I think the same could easily happen with the Barina sedan...

EL BURITO
10th February 2006, 07:42 PM
it looks like the old echo sedan.

RapidSRi
12th February 2006, 12:41 PM
it looks like the old echo sedan.

spot on, lol

looks funny with chev badges, do the yanks have to cringe at their beloved chevrolet accomodating lacettis and kalos' !?!

180HOA
12th February 2006, 03:33 PM
haha... Daewoos are no worse than most of the crap GM turns out in the US...

GeeeAus
12th February 2006, 06:21 PM
haha... Daewoos are no worse than most of the crap GM turns out in the US...

Indeed Daewoo is no worse than any of the "Value Cars" segment. It has the fortune of being of mostly Opel origin so it has that going for it.

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
12th February 2006, 08:50 PM
yes, mostly opel, but then again not anything recent from opel so most of it is old tech

its about time they killed off the horrible engines in the Barina and Viva

CJB
12th February 2006, 08:54 PM
its about time they killed off the horrible engines in the Barina and Viva
Didn't they just revive the engine for the Viva?

Red AH SRI T
12th February 2006, 08:55 PM
who goives a rats?

just kill it off!!

I had to drive the Viva twice to day, and each time i wanted to vomit, crash it and then burn it

CJB
12th February 2006, 08:57 PM
what held you back then? :D

whats worse, Barina or Viva?

Red AH SRI T
12th February 2006, 08:59 PM
VIVA!!

it just doesn't go!!!

Put ur foot down and a hell of a lot of noise but no movement.

And it drives like a boat in a sea of butter

Red AH SRI T
12th February 2006, 09:38 PM
Here is the First Interior shot!!

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3391/aveo33wt.jpg

At least that interior looks way better than the hatch!!! let hope thats the one holden puts in the sedan here!!

maloo97
12th February 2006, 10:25 PM
You can call me an idiot but i like it. Hmmmm

GeeeAus
12th February 2006, 10:34 PM
VIVA!!

it just doesn't go!!!

Put ur foot down and a hell of a lot of noise but no movement.

And it drives like a boat in a sea of butter

I drove a Lacetti late last year that some freinds own. It wasn't a go kart, but it was competent and powerful enough. It was well presented inside.

Can't understand why my experience is so far removed from yours.

GeeeAus

CJB
12th February 2006, 11:39 PM
Can't understand why my experience is so far removed from yours.

GeeeAus
It probably just comes down to standards/expectations.

GeeeAus
13th February 2006, 12:31 AM
It probably just comes down to standards/expectations.
Precisely Kyle.

I've come from a Vectra B, my parents had a Rover SD1, and I've owned seven Camiras of various types. We've had Volvo 760s and Citroens.

I’ve been told cars were rubbish before, The JE Camira we have is one of those, but it’s great for a work bus, it’s quick, and it handles O.K. too. Nowhere near the Vectra, but good enough by a long way.

This car (The Lacetti) way really quite O.K. for its’ asking when I drove it. Now apart from the styling, which in my view is much better on the Lacetti as Pirifinira got it right first time, the Viva is a better Lacetti in all critical respects.

Its’ suspension had undergone some refinement to better suit our poor roads, it has better standard equipment and better options, and the engine and auto transmissions have undergone tuning for Australian driving.

I do credit Black AH CDX's comments, especially as he is in the trade, but I believe my own eyes, why is his experience SOOOO removed from mine. What is going on with this car, I have to go for a test drive in a Viva. It just doesn't gel for me.

I've read the 1.8 in Viva is not as well tuned as the identical unit in the Astra, but the number are very similar and I just didn't see the "t just doesn't go!!!", it. It just sounded noisy, but stormed away like the clappers if you sunk the slipper. Very obliging throttle really.

The Lacetti went all right, very competent, pretty noisy, but had the balls to do what it was made to without being dangerous. Developed torque fairly early in the piece, so was good in traffic, not unlike our Vectra, and maybe a but quicker as our Vectra has an older auto trans. The room in the back was huge for 4 adults. The boot was a biggie also, ad it had shopping bad hocks, why don’t all cars have them…..? It makes it so useable and useful. That was the thing, it felt cheap, true, but it felt useable and competent in every respect.

The Nubira 2.0 Lite was alright as well, mum and dad had one once before. Was very poky thing, had almost exactly the same donk as Vectra B 2.0 litre. Handling wasn't for rally, but it was composed alright buzzing along at 140Km/h and we dodge roos out here.

So you know.

You one said in a post when I first said I didn’t understand the negativity toward Lacetti Kyle, "Call it what it is" well I thought it was good, not brilliant, not outstanding, not s h i t house, just good. Worth its’ money, old Opel designs are still fairly good in all, so the car is competent even today. It puts a new car in the hands of people who would otherwise have bought a used and clapped out something because they couldn’t justify the cost.

For $22K with all the go fast **** and a sound system that is actually useful "MP3", its’ worthy.

Have to see what Holden has done, where did the reasonable drive that I found in the Lacetti go.....? Time to visit a dealer.

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
13th February 2006, 07:44 AM
seriously, drive an auto viva with the air on and the thing just will not move

and a manual aint much better

the auto is the slowest most dim witted box i have ever driven, it lumbers around in 3rd gear when u want it to kick down into second, and by the time u shove ur foot through the firewall and they car kicksdown you have caused a traffic jam

Bring on the replacement model fast! at least holden will have more to do with that!

Mr T
13th February 2006, 09:22 AM
I had to drive the Viva twice to day, and each time i wanted to vomit, crash it and then burn it

Said the voice in the left ear...while the voice in the right ear told the customer it was a teriffic piece of automotive engineering that would go down in history :p

Red AH SRI T
13th February 2006, 08:11 PM
Said the voice in the left ear...while the voice in the right ear told the customer it was a teriffic piece of automotive engineering that would go down in history :p

hahaha, true

Sold yet another Viva today, woman said she hated the Corolla :eek:

suppose thats not hard, only people waiting to die actually like the corolla

CJB
13th February 2006, 09:11 PM
hahaha, true

Sold yet another Viva today, woman said she hated the Corolla :eek:

suppose thats not hard, only people waiting to die actually like the corolla
Don't let Doona see this post!!! :eek:

*hides your post*

Corolla is an awesome car - best model to date I reckon... of course, I base that on being a passenger and observing them :) so I don't know anything!!!

I thought all auto 4 cyls struggled with air con on? :p

CJB
13th February 2006, 09:12 PM
Precisely Kyle.

*makes loud noise* ehhh?