PaulyJ
8th February 2006, 10:23 PM
HAHAHAHA it took you that long?

btm
9th February 2006, 07:59 AM
they were planning ahead when they first created HBD :D

RobotWarrior
9th February 2006, 11:03 AM
Does that mean the next gen astras, etc are going to be Fugly by default? I have heard that daewoos are well made(I have no personal experience with them) but geez they are Fugly, almost as bad as Lada's.
:eek:

oneightoo
9th February 2006, 12:26 PM
robotwarrior, you missed a very lively debate over wether daewoos are well made or not..

CJB
9th February 2006, 02:51 PM
I'm sure there will be many more heated discussions on Daewoo/Holden to come :p

Alfonzo
9th February 2006, 10:02 PM
I have heard that daewoos are well made(I have no personal experience with them) but geez they are Fugly, almost as bad as Lada's.
:eek:They lied!!! Ohhh, how the wool has been pulled over your eyes!!! :)

As for the good old Ladas... Ahhh the Niva. What never ceased to amaze me about those 4wds (and I use that label very loosely) is that I used to see sooo many of them in used car lots. That's not what surprised me - what did surprise me was the fact that for them to become a used car, some poor bastard had to buy it brand new first!

I remember reading a safety review on the Niva - it went something along the lines of "Full of rust" and "Dangerous when cornering at any speed"

Mr T
10th February 2006, 09:52 AM
I remember reading a safety review on the Niva - it went something along the lines of "Full of rust" and "Dangerous when cornering at any speed"

I remember reading a Wheels magazine highlights edition (cause I was still in short pants whan LADA came to AUS)

It said something like..."we slowly increaded the speed on each corner until it eventually just fell over" :eek:

Love it, I'll remember that one for ever...!!!

RobotWarrior
10th February 2006, 10:41 AM
.......That's not what surprised me - what did surprise me was the fact that for them to become a used car, some poor bastard had to buy it brand new first!

I think the reason they became used is because they were cheap cheap cheap to buy new but also VERY Nasty

bill142
11th February 2006, 12:30 PM
They are a bit like that Chinese SUV which scored a zero in its NCAP tests

RobotWarrior
11th February 2006, 01:31 PM
Well you used to be able to double the value of the Niva by filling it with fuel.... but with the price of fuel these days the Niva would be making a very tidy profit! LOL:D