PDA

View Full Version : Vectra Replacement Revealed!!

Red AH SRI T
8th February 2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.nextcar.com.au/n.chevrolet.epica.2006.06feb.html

http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.chevrolet.uk.epica.sedan.silver.front.06feb.jpg
http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.chevrolet.uk.epica.sedan.silver.side.06feb.jpg
http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.chevrolet.uk.epica.sedan.silver.rear.06feb.jpg

I think its the best looking holden daewoo yet!~

not that thats saying much!!!

CJB
8th February 2006, 07:29 PM
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE really HATE what they are doing with the tail lights....... grrrr....

but on the other hand, yes, it does look good, for a Daewoo - of course, it's what's underneath that is worrying :eek:

BassyAstra
8th February 2006, 07:34 PM
"Holden means a great deal to Korea."

Dee
8th February 2006, 07:44 PM
"Holden means a great deal to Korea."
Unfortunately Dave Hughs is right wrong in his ads... ^^ thats what it should be

Damn GM

oneightoo
8th February 2006, 08:07 PM
it looks like the chrysler 300c without the big front bling grille..

GeeeAus
8th February 2006, 10:16 PM
I'm in for the styling; no doubt Pirifinira has had some input on this project also. I'm in two minds about the engine.

I'm enthusiastic about the use of small displacement engines with larger numbers of cylinders, much data I've read suggests this makes for better power delivery while minimising fuel wastage. The Diesel 4 sounds like a nice addition to the range.

On the other hand I'm saddened to see the Family II 4 cylinder disappear from the Medium sized segment. I think it's a great engine and its’ full potential had yet to be realized.

Still a change is as good as a Holiday they say, anybody know how much yet. Next year we may arse hole the Vectra B and I was hoping that VW may have launched Skoda to Aus which would enable us to get an Octavia. If this is keen buying and driving, I may second-guess the Octavia, though the Skoda is very impressive indeed.

GeeeAus

DirtyHarry
8th February 2006, 10:36 PM
this must be what the big ads on tv from holden are about "new v6" or some crap like that.
they are going to reveal the daewoo as the budget v6.

btm
9th February 2006, 07:58 AM
http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.chevrolet.uk.epica.sedan.silver.rear.06feb.jpg
this shot from behind looks like a blend of a new liberty, new saab and new 5 series...

over all not too bad - could have been A LOT worse :)

rjastra
9th February 2006, 08:03 AM
I think the engines we are getting are a 2L Family II 4 cylinder and a 2.5L version of the straight six.

You'd be thinking they will price the 2L version in the mid $20Ks bracket.
Leave the 2.5L version to take on the mid model Mazda6 and Accord Euro

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 08:41 AM
I'm in for the styling; no doubt Pirifinira has had some input on this project also. I'm in two minds about the engine.

I'm enthusiastic about the use of small displacement engines with larger numbers of cylinders, much data I've read suggests this makes for better power delivery while minimising fuel wastage. The Diesel 4 sounds like a nice addition to the range.

On the other hand I'm saddened to see the Family II 4 cylinder disappear from the Medium sized segment. I think it's a great engine and its’ full potential had yet to be realized.

Still a change is as good as a Holiday they say, anybody know how much yet. Next year we may arse hole the Vectra B and I was hoping that VW may have launched Skoda to Aus which would enable us to get an Octavia. If this is keen buying and driving, I may second-guess the Octavia, though the Skoda is very impressive indeed.

GeeeAus

Asutralia will actually get a 2.5 V6

the specs on the Nextcar website are for the European model

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 08:43 AM
this must be what the big ads on tv from holden are about "new v6" or some crap like that.
they are going to reveal the daewoo as the budget v6.

If you watch the add, its actually from T O Y O T A, not Holden.

The add is about the revealing of the new Avalon replacement, which will happen at 10am today on a live webcast

Mr T
9th February 2006, 09:29 AM
If you watch the add, its actually from T O Y O T A, not Holden.

The add is about the revealing of the new Avalon replacement, which will happen at 10am today on a live webcast

Actually Glen Ridge done a story on it this morning on the Today show, He was standing next to an uncovered prototype, stating the companies intention for exports to the middle east and that it will have a 3.6L V6 and be built in Australia etc etc

01CDsedan
9th February 2006, 12:08 PM
So is the Epica at the Melbourne motor show? What I've read about the show so far today seems to say it isn't, but the Astra Diesel and T2X concept are.

rjastra
9th February 2006, 04:57 PM
You are talking about the new large Avalon (toyota) replacement.

Shaun
9th February 2006, 05:41 PM
Not bad looking.

Dee
9th February 2006, 05:45 PM
this is the Aurion (Toyota V6)
http://members.optusnet.com.au/salvap/aurion.JPG

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 06:26 PM
thats actually the Conecpt sportivo version of the car

This is the real thing
http://network.news.com.au/image/0,10114,5106806,00.jpg

01CDsedan
9th February 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure about the styling of the Epica - something about it doesn't sit right with me, but I'm yet to put my finger on it.

I look for three things in car design - proportion, detailing and harmony - and this car misses somewhere in those three. I suspect harmony, but I'm not sure.

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 09:18 PM
i think the design of the headlight is a little.....eer...wrong.....

bill142
9th February 2006, 09:20 PM
The Aurion looks Camry based. I don't understand Toyota's thinking behind the Avalon and the Camry competing in the same market. To me its almost as itf they are trying to canabalise one product although the camry clearly sells better probably due to the fact that it is avaliable in a 4 as well as a 6.

Alfonzo
9th February 2006, 09:55 PM
The Aurion looks like the forbidden love child of the Falcon, new Sonata, with some sloppy seconds from Audi or Mercedes in the front grille, depending on if you're looking at the Sportivo concept or the real deal.

The Vectra replacement? I'll admit it's the nicest thing to have its badge changed from a Daewoo so far, but I'm still mighty pissed they're dropping the Opel range.

GeeeAus
9th February 2006, 10:22 PM
The Aurion looks like the forbidden love child of the Falcon, new Sonata, with some sloppy seconds from Audi or Mercedes in the front grille, depending on if you're looking at the Sportivo concept or the real deal.

The Vectra replacement? I'll admit it's the nicest thing to have its badge changed from a Daewoo so far, but I'm still mighty pissed they're dropping the Opel range.

A change is as good as a holiday they say. Suppose these cars work out to be really good things. What does it matter from where they hail?

Personally I think that a products country of origin doesn't amount to the difference it once did. Good things and rubbish pop up everywhere from the same.

I'd love to buy a Skoda Octavia, it a really nice car with great quality, reliability, dynamics, features and styling. It also made in the Czech Republic.

Once that would have ensured it to be rubbish, now it means the product will just have to fight harder to establish credibility. The reality is that its a great machine, and regardless of its' homeland.

GeeeAus

oneightoo
10th February 2006, 01:51 AM
why didnt they go with this styling?? it looks loads better than what they went with.. i reckon this one looks mint!

Red AH SRI T
10th February 2006, 07:49 AM
The Aurion looks Camry based. I don't understand Toyota's thinking behind the Avalon and the Camry competing in the same market. To me its almost as itf they are trying to canabalise one product although the camry clearly sells better probably due to the fact that it is avaliable in a 4 as well as a 6.

Yes it is Camry based, but the New Camry due out in a few moths will be Four Cylinder ONLY and the Aurion will be Six Cylinder ONLY and therefore Toyota shouldn't have the problem they previously had :D

btm
10th February 2006, 09:12 AM

looks very BA falcon-ish...

ronj
10th February 2006, 02:25 PM
Its not a bad looking car. just following the latest trend in car styling (rearlooks a bit like a BMW). BUT whats whats under the body/ bonnet?. a daewoo (I know this is common knowlege, so dont criticise me for mentioning it). they will of have to improved a lot from previous cars to be any good, time will tell

180HOA
10th February 2006, 07:01 PM
It's a bit forgettable... It's not ugly, I just find it boring...

blackSRi
10th February 2006, 07:32 PM
The way it's going, this forum will need to change it's name from Opelaus to DaewooAus....

GeeeAus
10th February 2006, 08:17 PM
The way it's going, this forum will need to change it's name from Opelaus to DaewooAus....

Really that’s not a bad idea at all. There isn't going to be any more Opel models for a while at least.

I don't think it should be Daewooaus, but something more neutral.

No doubt GM cars will continue to be popular with Opelaus users, so a broader scope that accommodates Daewoo would seem appropriate.

I know you may have been having a joke, but really, it makes some good sense.

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
11th February 2006, 09:42 AM
i dont think it does, this is a place to celebrat our love of Opel products

the only reason daewoos are mention is so that we can comment about them, we dont like them so a name change is not needed

GeeeAus
12th February 2006, 02:43 AM
i dont think it does, this is a place to celebrat our love of Opel products

the only reason daewoos are mention is so that we can comment about them, we dont like them so a name change is not needed

You don't like them. And others may say the same.

Some of us do like them, I like Opel and Daewoo vehicles. There are some Daewoo vehicles I don't like, there are some Opel vehicles I don't like also. But others do like those vehicles.

In any case Daewoo and Opel vehicles share many core design technologies and distribution channels. They have the same parent company and in many cases similar or identical mechanical componentry. I buy some Daewoo parts for my Vectra B because they are more honestly priced. There are all kinds of crossovers between the two brands, because GM want's to keep things economical and reuses its’ own concepts and technologies.

Many Daewoo models are based on Opel designs. The Espro is based on Ascona C, the Ciello on the Kadette. Opel is no longer going to be imported to Aus, why not extend the scope here to accommodate buyers and enthusiasts of its closest living relative in Australasia.....

Widening the site will attract new smaller GM buyers over time, and that may help get more $$$ in the form of premium memberships that can help the site grow and diversify. Furthermore as Daewoo models mature and the range expands, there will exist possibilities for Daewoo engines, gearboxes and other titbits to be used buy Opel owners looking at making customisations, alterations or economical repairs.

E.G. I have a Nubira 2.0 litre technical manual, it’s of great help with my Vectra B.

Why does that prospect seem so intolerable?

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
12th February 2006, 08:34 AM
i dont think its intolerable, its just that opelaus is for opels!! hehehehe

If we wanted to include all this extra discussion about other GM models why not just make it a board that is Generaly about General Motors?

GMAus anyone?