PDA

View Full Version : Holden Parts Department

DirtyHarry
6th February 2006, 11:47 AM
Hey guys,

you ever had this happen to you. I called McGraths Parts at moorebank, asked them how much a fuel filter is. And then i asked whats the part number so when i come down i can just give them the part number. The guy on the phone said "we dont give out part numbers over the phone".

That is the first time i heard this kind of crap.
What a joke, its a fuel filter.

Well tell you now, i wont be going there to buy the filter.

CJB
6th February 2006, 11:57 AM
Yes! Ross Llewellyn did that to me too - and in the end, they are the ones who gave me the wrong Oil Filter...

Maybe it's just us then :) Because I also thought it was odd and stupid.

DirtyHarry
6th February 2006, 12:07 PM
So yeah stuff them im going to Boyded parts on wallgrove road, they are much nicer to deal with

btm
6th February 2006, 12:12 PM
i wonder if its cause they aren't allowed to or just couldnt be bothered looking it up....??

PaulyJ
6th February 2006, 12:19 PM
i think they just couldn't be bothered looking it up

CJB
6th February 2006, 12:57 PM
That's just stupid then... you NEED THE PART NUMBER.

Fine - well harry, just don't be bothered to pay for the parts :D

DirtyHarry
6th February 2006, 06:37 PM
well i asked the guy, how come. and he said it company policy.!!!!
i just dont see what the fuss is about not giving out a part number.
**** its not like going to build a rival car out of these parts and put holden out of business

bill142
6th February 2006, 06:51 PM
Company policy, yet the part number willmore then likley be some where on the packaging.

PaulyJ
6th February 2006, 11:31 PM
That's just stupid then... you NEED THE PART NUMBER.

Fine - well harry, just don't be bothered to pay for the parts :D

Personal policy to not may for ****...

Eat that muthaphukers!

GeeeAus
7th February 2006, 10:40 AM
Many dealerships don't give out part numbers, this is usually to try and prevent customers shopping them out against other Holden dealers, and even after market manufacturers who from time to time offer GM's part numbers as a reference to their own parts.

To be ruthlessly honest, if I were a Holden dealer, I probably wouldn't like my staff giving them out either.

Of course I admit that as I'm not a Holden dealer, I like my part numbers being disclosed just fine thank you very much.

But, well - you get the idea.

GeeeAus

Mrs T
7th February 2006, 01:14 PM
When i inquired on getting a part for my car which someone broke (not naming any names here he he) you have to purchase the part with the whole turbo, i asked for the price and they wouldnt give me a price unless i provided them with my rego and engine number, which i thought was quite strange so i just hung up

btm
7th February 2006, 03:20 PM
When i inquired on getting a part for my car which someone broke (not naming any names here he he) you have to purchase the part with the whole turbo, i asked for the price and they wouldnt give me a price unless i provided them with my rego and engine number, which i thought was quite strange so i just hung up
so so strange - i wonder what their reason behind that one is?

so compeditiors don't call up and price check or something??

strange.....

Mrs T
7th February 2006, 03:47 PM
lol i dont know, but i didnt want to give them my detail whilst i was inquiring into the price of a new turbo unit lol

EL BURITO
8th February 2006, 02:23 AM
Also it is strange that prices differ from dealer to dealer. The same pice of plastic from 2 different dealers there was a $12.50 difference and the part still is coming from Melbourn

DirtyHarry
8th February 2006, 10:04 AM
maybe they charge abit more for the delivery from melbourne. like one dealer might not charge it, while the other one might

crazyk78
8th February 2006, 08:33 PM
Dealers are crooks when it comes to the price of their P&A parts. Manufacturers don't sell them at different prices just because they have to ship it an extra 30 mins.

All parts go to a Holden Depot, they are then distributed from there.

Anyway, Just ask them why their price is more than somewhere else what's the harm?

pred8r
9th February 2006, 08:53 AM
Dealers are crooks when it comes to the price of their P&A parts. Manufacturers don't sell them at different prices just because they have to ship it an extra 30 mins.

All parts go to a Holden Depot, they are then distributed from there.

Anyway, Just ask them why their price is more than somewhere else what's the harm?

I remember ages ago i used to drive to the next GM dealer (Alan Mance Footscray) because they were cheaper than the local one (Kevin Dennis Sunshine). That was a few years back but footscray had lots of bargain parts like 4 spot vt front caliper/disc sets for $40 each (I was like why would i want them?)