PDA

View Full Version : colour coding side arches.....Please help

Gildo
6th February 2006, 10:51 AM
Hi all,
Im in a bit of a dilema, my car is lowerd around 1.75 inches, but doesnt look that low due to the black guards being the same colour as the tyres.

Where is the best place to get the guards sprayed? but i dont want it looking different to the body even though ones plastic others metal etc..... is there a way of smoothing it with say body filler to get the same smooth effect. or just sand them back really far?

is it possible to get it looking good?

Any help will do.
thank you

mr_sikma
7th February 2006, 08:13 AM
i just got mine painted and not rubbed back or anything.

looks fine. you wont get the plastic to look exactly the same as the metal anyway, so dont waste your money or time!

oneightoo
7th February 2006, 12:41 PM
how much did that cost you mr sikma?

Kacper
7th February 2006, 05:48 PM
Hey Gildo, theres are product made for what you want to do....I think. Like I told you on my street the other day I'm colour coding my plastic bumpers and stuff. So I asked someone what your asking now and they said theres something for it but I didn't get into detail. I think you paint it onto the plastic before you paint it whatever colour you want. I'll try and find out tomorrow.

Gildo
7th February 2006, 07:18 PM
thank buddy, will catch up soon

pred8r
7th February 2006, 07:59 PM
hard way - sand the bumps flat, prime, highfill and spray
easy way - Prime and spray existing

theres how-tos i think on http://www.corsa-c.co.uk

Other way is to order some GRP ones from the UK, youll have no problems with paint sticking to them, may with the plastic.

From a spraypainter; make sure its 2k paint, acrylic MAY come off if you high pressure wash it.

Gildo
7th February 2006, 09:39 PM
im gonna get it done by a pro, so the hard way will be getting done as i want the best finish....but im sure i will end up paying for it :(

mr corsa
7th February 2006, 09:44 PM
do not colour code get who ever to colour match cos the paint code want be the same as 6 month old paint IE weathering fades

EL BURITO
8th February 2006, 02:28 AM
i got a quote for this it was arround the $350 mark and they said they could get the mark out of the arch trim (little nic my mother caused 6mths ago).

mr_sikma
8th February 2006, 09:11 AM
i payed around $300-

for all wheel arches, sidestrips, and front and rear bumpers.