PDA

View Full Version : Can You Beleave This !!!

maloo97
2nd February 2006, 04:38 PM
Today 2.2.06 had my car booked in at holden for a service.
Recived the call car ready for pick up. Few hours later went picked up da car. The service manager called me over and said. This your astra with opel badge's on it. Im like yeh thats it. He says WHY WHY do that to your car its stupid. and im like what you serious mate

He said there's no such thing as opel in Australia get over it.
It's a HOLDEN ASTRA and never has been an OPEL ASTRA.
I didn't wanna get into a fight with this bloke so i just started to walk off.
He comes after me Stop not finished with this chat.
"I will replace all your badge's and grill back to holden free of charge next service"
Think about it and let me know.... he says.

Hmmmmmmm Whats doing with that.

Dee
2nd February 2006, 04:39 PM
wow another person with a stupid service department :)

tell him where to stick it

btm
2nd February 2006, 04:53 PM
is that holden up @ kirrawee/sutho??

Dee
2nd February 2006, 04:55 PM
actually i got asked why i took the badges off the back of my car the other day too....

i said because it is easier to clean now without the badges there... dumb ****ers

CJB
2nd February 2006, 05:01 PM
wow... what's it to this guy??? I mean why does he care so much?

Did you show him the plate under the hood? (Hopes to God the Astra plate is similar to the Barina and says Opel Astra)

Red AH SRI T
2nd February 2006, 05:06 PM
the AH astras say HOLDEN astra, not OPEL :(

but your service guy is a complete wanker

auzvectra
2nd February 2006, 05:26 PM
just give him a reason, just cause u wanna, or just cause u hate holden :D
i'm sure u could stilll find opel written lots of places over the car, i bet more than holden.
holden just wants advertising, cause they lost so much money :)

oneightoo
2nd February 2006, 05:34 PM
tell him your dog ate your holden badges..

caspers turbo
2nd February 2006, 05:38 PM
Go back an ask him to look under the bonnet for a sec then drop bonnet on his head, job done, 1 less wan@*r at holden's

maloo97
2nd February 2006, 05:43 PM
I dunno what was up his arse. Must have had a bad day or hates working for opel oh Holden.

Btm No Not Sutho. Rather not say where...

Might ask him to change my holden badges to opel on my wagon see if he flips.

caspers turbo
2nd February 2006, 05:50 PM
I dunno what was up his arse. Must have had a bad day or hates working for opel oh Holden.

Btm No Not Sutho. Rather not say where...

Might ask him to change my holden badges to opel on my wagon see if he flips.

Post the phone # so we call all ring up and inquire about OPEL badges, hahaha

lowey22
2nd February 2006, 06:24 PM
what an idiot. tell him you get an extra 5kw from the badges.

oneightoo
2nd February 2006, 06:43 PM
it's actually 7kw lowey..

Bernard Siong
2nd February 2006, 06:45 PM
i usually tell people i hate holden thats why i put the opel badges on it...

imad4u
2nd February 2006, 07:01 PM
good old narrowed minded dealership service manager....

tell us the dealership, im sure we could have some fun when we rock up carrying opel flags :-)

Kacper
2nd February 2006, 07:42 PM
He probably wants to swap them for you because he will get the holden badges and grille for free and he'll get himself a free set of opel stuff.

InsaneAsylum
2nd February 2006, 07:54 PM
hahah must have been a commodore driver.

yeah he'll replace your badges and then sell the opel stuff on ebay

lowey22
2nd February 2006, 08:00 PM
it's actually 7kw lowey..

lol! nice...

PaulyJ
2nd February 2006, 08:23 PM
What a F**K stick!
Dont service there again
I went to Dandenong Holden with a question, and the guys there were like "Hey, thats looks good bla bla bla"
As a joke, put Ford badges on the day you take it there again
phuker!

Captjono
2nd February 2006, 09:13 PM
funny stuff!!! What a wan*#r!!!

I wonder if he has the same prob with people putting chev badges on ther're commodores???

orangepicker
2nd February 2006, 10:31 PM
please state what dealership it is . as my family members own 2 astra g's 2 jr vectra ans a beep beep barina with a 16oo engine in it
not all of them are opelized . won't he have a real headache if he sees them

maloo97
2nd February 2006, 11:45 PM
Well we'll just have to have a massive cruze to down town Arncliffe.
I told my old man when i got home cause he's brought quite a few cars down there and just said that guys always a grouch.
The only reason i went there is because my dealership was booked out for weeks and dad always go's there.
He's proble the guy Mr T seen in penrith the other day the (commowhore)

mr_sikma
3rd February 2006, 12:16 AM
total knob :)

my plate actually says OPEL BARINA, lol

break
3rd February 2006, 12:40 AM
While he does have a point (there has never been an 'Opel' sold here.... according to any motoring body your car is a Holden), he was VERY rude about it.

Each to thier own, so what if he doesn't like your badges. Thats his problem

edit: 400 posts, woo /end being a **** about my post count

Degen-Astra
3rd February 2006, 12:58 AM
Next time...Vauxhall Badges and Grille THEN Chevrolet badges and Grille....THEN mismatch all four brands over the next few services just to f**k with him even more.

Mr T
3rd February 2006, 08:51 AM
Wait until people Daewooise the new Barina and Viva...won't he have a fit...!!!

I know a bloke that works in the truck section at Arnclife...I'll get him to give him a rev up...hehehe

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2006, 09:09 AM
I'm actually waiting to see how many people put Chev or Suzuki badges on their new Barinas or Viva!

Just a side not, Heartland Holden at Parramatta more than supports people with Opel badges, hell even before i started working their the service guys installed my opel grille and badges for free after i complained my car wasn't washed at its first service :D

PaulyJ
3rd February 2006, 10:30 AM
I'm actually waiting to see how many people put Chev or Suzuki badges on their new Barinas or Viva!

Just a side not, Heartland Holden at Parramatta more than supports people with Opel badges, hell even before i started working their the service guys installed my opel grille and badges for free after i complained my car wasn't washed at its first service :D

Now that is customer service!

kirssn
3rd February 2006, 11:45 AM
on a quiet note.. i know of a dealership that sells irmischer to their customers...

caspers turbo
3rd February 2006, 12:09 PM

What r they sposed to wash it as well:confused: , damn i just had mine done 60k service $660.00 & they didny wash it:mad: , might have to ring them up, me thinks:D

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2006, 12:22 PM
its not the done thing here in oz to wash ur car after a service, but i know in the UK its frowned upon if after a service your car isnt fully valeted (washed inside and out)

Slimcraigie
4th February 2006, 07:35 AM
When I worked at Vauxhall I used to encourage customers to replace there Vauxhall badges with Opel ones they just look better

astra03
4th February 2006, 12:12 PM
What is that service manager on, what business is it of his????????

I laughed so much at all the replies, I was sitting here laughing hysterically.

My Astra G has a sticker on the inside of the drivers door that says "Opel Astra G"

This is one thing that really p... me off, on my G, there is NOWHERE on the exterior or car interior where it says the word HOLDEN. Oh yeah plenty of the Lion badges. What are Holden ashamed to put their name on or something. Am I mistaken that this is the same for the AH?

The only place it says the word HOLDEN is on two plates under the bonnet, one on the compliance plate on the firewall and another that says "HOLDEN LIMITED" on a little plate near the bonnet catch.

I put a Holden sticker on the back windscreen so at least others knew it is a Holden, if if they seem to not want people to know what it is....

This guy has a real problem, tell him to mind his own business, which will not include your return business anymore...

Now where can we get a bulk load of Daewoo badges to stick over the........

Alfonzo
4th February 2006, 12:52 PM
Heh, how bizzare he's so passionately wrong!

I used to get the mechanics walking circles around my car when I pulled up with the Opel badges on :)

EL BURITO
4th February 2006, 12:53 PM
Well that guy is a wanker. Work out wat car is his and stick an opel decal on his rear window:). My dealership hasnt said any thing but i think the parts guy dreads when i come in cos i rearly make him eanr his money:p.

As for washing my car- they get told not to. first service lost my car for 2 days to fix a scratch they put into my front while washing it.

Red AH SRI T
4th February 2006, 07:31 PM
What is that service manager on, what business is it of his????????

I laughed so much at all the replies, I was sitting here laughing hysterically.

My Astra G has a sticker on the inside of the drivers door that says "Opel Astra G"

This is one thing that really p... me off, on my G, there is NOWHERE on the exterior or car interior where it says the word HOLDEN. Oh yeah plenty of the Lion badges. What are Holden ashamed to put their name on or something. Am I mistaken that this is the same for the AH?

The only place it says the word HOLDEN is on two plates under the bonnet, one on the compliance plate on the firewall and another that says "HOLDEN LIMITED" on a little plate near the bonnet catch.

I put a Holden sticker on the back windscreen so at least others knew it is a Holden, if if they seem to not want people to know what it is....

This guy has a real problem, tell him to mind his own business, which will not include your return business anymore...

Now where can we get a bulk load of Daewoo badges to stick over the........

Holden figured that the Lion badge was enough to tell people it was a Holden. Just like Renault removed the wording R E N A U L T from their cars and just had the lozenge badge.

Renault has since reversed their decision but holden still puts just the lion on the majority of their products

Do u really need the letters H O L D E N on the back of your car to let people kn ow that it is? if ppl dont know what a Holden lion is then they are probably from mars

astra03
5th February 2006, 05:48 PM
Black AH,

What you say if people do not know what the Lion badge represents , maybe they are from Mars. But, just after i bought my new Astra back in 03, I had 2 people from work (neither car buffs of course) look at the car and say "who makes it". One thought it was a "Pewwwwwgot", cos the lion badge is similar?

I dont know if it is, I have never taken any notice, but there you go...

Interesting to note from a recent visit to the UK, that both the G and H have the name Vauxhall on the car as well as their badge.

I guess some overpaid marketing guru reckons u do not need the actual name Holden on their cars, who knows, more likely they could save a few dollars per car if they left them off.

Probably the same bright spark who said "if we leave a proper temp guage out of the AH, we can afford to put some extra chrome on the fittings or more cup holders or...."

I am a Holden fan firstly and I bought the Opel built Astra, because it serves my needs sufficiently, so I will support the cause and wear my Holden sticker proudly.......

Shaun
5th February 2006, 08:01 PM
When I worked at Vauxhall I used to encourage customers to replace there Vauxhall badges with Opel ones they just look better
Dont know about them looking better but the Vauxhall Ones look classy imo. Know that the GSi Grille is the same as the OPC grille in the mesh now i wouls have gone with Vauxhall.... Meh might still do it when im over there this year....

ronj
5th February 2006, 09:54 PM
I bought a set of roof racks from Suttons Holden for by Vectra. They had a huge Opel badge on the side of them.

btm
6th February 2006, 09:49 AM
Holden figured that the Lion badge was enough to tell people it was a Holden. Just like Renault removed the wording R E N A U L T from their cars and just had the lozenge badge.

Renault has since reversed their decision but holden still puts just the lion on the majority of their products

Do u really need the letters H O L D E N on the back of your car to let people kn ow that it is? if ppl dont know what a Holden lion is then they are probably from mars
I think Subaru have removed the word "subaru" from most of their new models also

Red AH SRI T
6th February 2006, 10:53 AM
I bought a set of roof racks from Suttons Holden for by Vectra. They had a huge Opel badge on the side of them.

just like most of the accesorries that come through have either Opel of Vauxhall badging on the packaging