PDA

View Full Version : Astra Upgrades??

Justonious
2nd February 2006, 11:14 AM
Hey guys...First of all love the site someone left a card on my car one day and here I am.

Performance parts for my astra?? I have a little 1.8 ltr 2003 equippe four door astra and its tooooooo slow. It looks the part has a nice setup and I would really like to make it a sleeper and suprise the other ppl in Cairns with there crapodores (commodores)... Please can someone help me...A new engine...a turbo kit??? I just wanna know what im in for cause my engine bay is so small. Anyways thanks guys.

Justo-

btm
2nd February 2006, 11:27 AM
hey justo - welcome to the site!

where abouts you from so we can try and find out who carded you :)

Dee
2nd February 2006, 11:34 AM
he appears to be in Cairns Bryan.... could have been lowey from townsville... i dont know of anyone else up that way

lowey22
2nd February 2006, 11:37 AM
howdy! another north qld member, how nice.

as for performance check out these threads:

http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7536

http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7497

there are some threads somewhere which discuss turbos/superchargers for the 1.8 but i couldn't find them. Most would recommend that putting a turbo or s/charger on is going to be more trouble than its worth, plus cost heaps of money. if u can get a sriT engine, apart from that im not sure what engines would fit in an astra.

lowey22
2nd February 2006, 11:39 AM
he appears to be in Cairns Bryan.... could have been lowey from townsville... i dont know of anyone else up that way

nah, wasnt me. there is a guy in cairns (Fungusfee) who ive run into in townsville before, maybe it was him...

btm
2nd February 2006, 12:19 PM
he appears to be in Cairns Bryan....
ahhh, so he is... my bad :)

Justonious
3rd February 2006, 11:14 AM
Yes guys Cairns...umm so u think get an sri engine....ill see what I can find...Anyone selling one? :D

Wattie
3rd February 2006, 01:09 PM
dont like your chances of buyin an sri T engine, just buy an sri...