PDA

View Full Version : Look at the price of the new Hyndai Grandeur

Red AH SRI T
1st February 2006, 06:36 PM
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2006/02/01/1Grand_leadimage.jpg

Price for the Base model, $42,990 PLUS on roads! that makes it about 46 - 47K on road

Limited model, $46,990 Plus ORC, = 50 - 51K on road

FOR A FU.CKING HYUNDAI!!!

Lets just hope its not as bad a handling car as the previous Grandeur!

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10997&vf=4&bg=24&pp=2

oneightoo
1st February 2006, 06:39 PM
Under the bonnet of the conservative but stylish sedan is a 3.8-litre V6 engine (with 194 kW and 348 Nm)
well i guess that isnt too bad..

180HOA
1st February 2006, 06:40 PM
well i guess that isnt too bad..

Yeah but it'd wanna have a solid gold engine block before I'd pay that much...

Mr T
1st February 2006, 06:41 PM
This car is actually a weapon...194KW all the electronic crap (TC ABS ESP EBD CBC BA...etc) Double wishbone all round and a Euro 4 emission compliance.

Price will kill it but, people with $50K dont look at the H badge even if it is worth it...

Red AH SRI T
1st February 2006, 06:42 PM
i bet it handels like an american barge

oneightoo
1st February 2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah but it'd wanna have a solid gold engine block before I'd pay that much...
BWAHAHAHAHA

good point :D

180HOA
1st February 2006, 06:45 PM
i bet it handels like an american barge

That's why it's got TC ABS ESP EBD CBC BA....

:p

EL BURITO
1st February 2006, 09:09 PM
If i needed a V6

Berlina Vs over priced Hyndia

humm i wounder. :rolleyes:

btm
2nd February 2006, 08:44 AM
seems so far priced out of the V6 market... even if it is 'luxury'

btm
2nd February 2006, 08:46 AM
If i needed a V6

lock in 'A - berlina' thanks eddie :)

Mr T
2nd February 2006, 09:14 AM
If i needed a V6

A Berlina has nothing on this thing....

It's direct competiton would be Avalon, Calais, Fairmont Ghia, Maxima and ES330, Although Hyundai are trying to tell me that Statesman, Fairlane and 300C are competitors too...I cant see that to be honest...!!!

I didn't go to the launch, but a couple of the salesmen here did and they said it is decades ahead of Commodore and Falcon in terms of body rigidity, performance (does 15.1 1/4 mile), handling, NVH and refinement.

Don't be too quick to knock this car, It may not sell very well because of that price with that image but it will knock the socks of any decent competitor.

pred8r
2nd February 2006, 09:53 AM
even if it doesnt sell well, hopefully it will start to raise the refinement/features on the more 'common' hi-spec cars, as its still competitive in their price range unlike mercs and beemers and MAY take market share.

Not that Id look at a high-and-dry $20k anyways, they build budget priced small cars, thats how they marketed themselves and thats what probably sticks in most peoples minds.

oneightoo
2nd February 2006, 01:15 PM
rich snobby people dont buy hyundais..

Mr T
2nd February 2006, 01:46 PM
rich snobby people dont buy hyundais..

We had a chat about this today here at work...we estimate not more than 1 unit per month.

pred8r
2nd February 2006, 02:15 PM
Old people do, probably trying for the Avalon bunch

Red AH SRI T
2nd February 2006, 02:50 PM
We had a chat about this today here at work...we estimate not more than 1 unit per month.

hyundai must be being very optosmistic with their prediction of 100 per month then

what about it being only available at select dealers? not every Hyundai dealer is able to sell them!

01CDsedan
2nd February 2006, 04:16 PM
100 a month?! Holden couldn't sell that many V6 Vectras in a month half the time, and that was a car with a respected brand name attached to it...

Mr T
3rd February 2006, 09:13 AM
what about it being only available at select dealers? not every Hyundai dealer is able to sell them!

Yeah very true...what a wank.

One of our dealerships will get them (although I dont think its a good investment, regardless of how good the car is)

Get this...we have to have at least one unit (we'll probably end up with 10 units in storage for 6 months) on display in the showroom at all times...BUT...it has to be on a specially made pedistool ...:rolleyes:

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2006, 09:16 AM
are you serious? does it spin around like on Sale of the century? is their a specially employed koren boy-girl in a skimpy skirt modeling next to it?

I saw one a couple of days ago go flying past our dealership, but it had no badges on it at all???

Mr T
3rd February 2006, 09:38 AM
I can't remember my experiences at Holden that well, but here at Hyundai we don't employ transvestite models...certainly not Korean ones...:p

I think they wanted the merry-go-round and a young ****-van-dyke holding Mary Poppin’s hand bag and a chimney sweep next to the car...but our circuit board couldn't support the 200Amp GE motor...

:D

Red AH SRI T
3rd February 2006, 11:13 AM
Roflmao! :d

Tricky Ricky
3rd February 2006, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't consider Hyundai when they're cheap, good luck to Hyundai when it's so pricey. They should look at history, Proton tried to do the same and failed

GeeeAus
4th February 2006, 02:38 AM
Nice car but, the company definitely has delusions of Grandeur.

GeeeAus

sammykkwok
9th February 2006, 07:34 PM
Watch your language Black AH CDX. The name Jesus is not for swearing.

Red AH SRI T
9th February 2006, 09:12 PM

???.........

Tricky Ricky
10th February 2006, 01:00 PM

WTF??

Take it easy, it's not against the law is it??

Red AH SRI T
10th February 2006, 01:26 PM
i was trying to figure out if miss wok was joking or not

seems someone has changed the threads title anyways!
not that i swore, it was in *'s anyways

Red AH SRI T
10th February 2006, 01:31 PM

i didnt know anyone still believed in Jesus

oneightoo
10th February 2006, 01:33 PM
ROFL.. you are so going to hell for that one hahaha

Red AH SRI T
10th February 2006, 01:39 PM
Bring It On!!!

Tricky Ricky
10th February 2006, 01:43 PM
i was trying to figure out if miss wok was joking or not

seems someone has changed the threads title anyways!
not that i swore, it was in *'s anyways

Yeah CDX I think some people are just too uptight....sheez!!

Mr T
10th February 2006, 03:40 PM
Using the lords name in vain is a sin, in fact it is one of the ten comandments - bugger me if I know which one but.

We try to keep a clean forum here but each to their own, if you are not a practicing christian than naturally you will not find it offensive. But please repect those that are and those that may take offense to these sorts of things.

Any way, back on topic...!!!

We got our first delivery of a gradueur today, I maintain my position that it will go down in history as a failure. Damn good drive but...:eek:

Tricky Ricky
10th February 2006, 03:57 PM
That's fair enough.

I'm sure the Hyundai has come a long way and you shouldn't have issues with reliability and quality, but for that price you can get some decent European rides but obviously not the same large size as the Hyundai.

sammykkwok
11th February 2006, 12:15 AM
What do you know about Jesus by the way Black AH CDX? Seems like you don't have a clue what you are talking about..

sammykkwok
11th February 2006, 12:19 AM

??? if there is no one believe in Jesus why are there so many churches around the world?? Do you seriously know what you are talking about??? Let me ask you one more time what do you know about Jesus??? If you have absolutely no idea about him, please just don't joke about it. man.. you have no idea.. you really don't...

I do hope that you show respect for those people who believe in Jesus.

Red AH SRI T
11th February 2006, 09:43 AM
What do you know about Jesus by the way Black AH CDX? Seems like you don't have a clue what you are talking about..

dude calm down, it was a joke

sammykkwok
11th February 2006, 02:30 PM
dude calm down, it was a joke

Mate, religion is not for joking. You can joke about anything but that.

Red AH SRI T
11th February 2006, 03:43 PM
i say u can joke about anything and everything

if u can't have a laugh whats the point of living?

180HOA
11th February 2006, 08:59 PM
Agreed. If people took their religion a little less seriously I think there'd be a lot less conflict in the world.

sammykkwok
11th February 2006, 11:58 PM
i say u can joke about anything and everything

if u can't have a laugh whats the point of living?

At least I don't find it funny. What if I swear and joke about someone who you dearly loved? Would you find it funny?

What do you mean by the point of living?

GeeeAus
12th February 2006, 02:20 AM
At least I don't find it funny. What if I swear and joke about someone who you dearly loved? Would you find it funny?

What do you mean by the point of living?

"What if I swear and joke about someone who you dearly loved? Would you find it funny?"
Sure I do it about my wife all the time and vice versa.

This is not the place for a religious debate. If you are offended, ignore his post, you are under no obligation to read it.

Nor do you have the authority to juge another's knowlesge of Christ, or dsciplin him for his sins. God says "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord." So sit quietly in your faith and do not judge, leave your makers concerns as his own as you've been told to.

This forum is for the discussion of automobiles.

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
12th February 2006, 08:31 AM
so, yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but, i think the Grandeur will be a big flop

sammykkwok
12th February 2006, 10:38 PM
"What if I swear and joke about someone who you dearly loved? Would you find it funny?"
Sure I do it about my wife all the time and vice versa.

This is not the place for a religious debate. If you are offended, ignore his post, you are under no obligation to read it.

Nor do you have the authority to juge another's knowlesge of Christ, or dsciplin him for his sins. God says "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord." So sit quietly in your faith and do not judge, leave your makers concerns as his own as you've been told to.

This forum is for the discussion of automobiles.

GeeeAus

Just read all the previous post clearly. No judgement was made against anyone.

You must have missed the corrected topic of this post in the first place. If you are a Christian, you would be willing to stand up and defend for what you believe and not sit quietly in your faith. Thats not the right thing for a Christian to do (If you are a Christian, you can find other relevence verses for that)

I have no intention to carry on this debate anyway, the wording of this topic I got offended was changed anyway.

So yeah, I reckon the Grandeur looks like a nice car. But for that price, it can be a bit difficult to sell.

Tricky Ricky
13th February 2006, 11:39 AM
No offence, but if you're gonna get offended whenever someone says something that's a bit outrageous (I don't even think Black CDX was swearing), or if you're going to debate about every word that somebody says/does, then you're going to be very annoyed about lots of things.

Try to stay in perspective....rip a fart, have a laugh and move on :)

Red AH SRI T
13th February 2006, 08:15 PM
.rip a fart, have a laugh and move on :)

LMAO! HILARIOUS!!

Rhino
14th February 2006, 12:29 AM
Get it back on topic or start another one...

Mr T has warned you once already. Any further off topic posts will be removed.

It seems to me that Hyundai are going through the same thing as they did with the Tiburon. Although 'Top Gear' rate it (as far as Hyundai's go), they released it with a 41 or 42k price tag, plus on roads...

After shifting SFA units they took 10K off the price. A colleague of mine bought one for 32 on the road!

And although feeling tight to start off with, he's slowling coming to grips that even having a Tiburon badge instead of the dreaded 'H', doesn't fix the build quality...

Funny, he's told me lots of 'well to do' have approached him and asked him what it was (caus the tiburon badge is unknown), and when he tells them it's a Hyundai they do the politest 'why did we engage this man in conversation' look and walk off... sucks to be him.

Mr T
14th February 2006, 01:22 PM
I hear that Ryan, the Tiburon is a smooth machine...

But this is what you get when you spend the first 15 years of your life in a country selling 13990's, It'll take another 15 years to wear that image off.