PDA

View Full Version : Hi

struz
31st January 2006, 03:21 PM
Hey guys,

I just joined last nite. I actually have been looking for an Opel site for awhile and very happy that i've now found one. I have actually just purchased an Astra Sri 03 model and im pretty happy with it. Performance isn't too bad but i've come from a 200rwkw Skyline so meh. Handling is excellent for what it is, I'm pretty impressed.

Anyway I thought i'd say hi and be nice. I'm from Adelaide and i know nothing about the 2.2ltr engine so yay for that. Atm im in the process in trying to get some prices for a cat back xzorst and some extractors.

I might try and post some pics anywho... It's white so it's dirty most of the time, ha ha ha.

John.

P.s If anyone knows how to mod these cars right, I wouldn't mind swapping ideas with you etc, Cheers.

btm
31st January 2006, 03:27 PM
hey john

there are plently of people and posts on this site to help you out

however, i am not one of those people and my posts only contain crap :p

welcome to opelaus :)

PaulyJ
31st January 2006, 04:27 PM
Dude, welcome to the site
Check out the Astra section, i'm sure you'll find what you're after there

CJB
31st January 2006, 04:31 PM
Hi and welcome :)

sparks
31st January 2006, 06:43 PM
hi there welcome to the site hope you find it has what your looking for...

oneightoo
31st January 2006, 07:01 PM
welocme mate, if you cant find what your looking for post your question.. people here are happy to help.. as long as you've done a search first :)

struz
31st January 2006, 09:40 PM
hey john

there are plently of people and posts on this site to help you out

however, i am not one of those people and my posts only contain crap :p

welcome to opelaus :)

Hahaha you sound exactly like myself.

I have been searching for something but i can't find anything that relates to what i need.

Firstly does anyone know wat extractors and xzorst are best for performance gains with the sri. I'm thinking 4 into 1 for low down torque.

Secondly what are the best "panel" filters and CAI kits to get for the astra??

The list goes on and onnnnnnnn....

John.

oneightoo
31st January 2006, 09:55 PM
for the SRi prolly a 2 1/4 exhaust, most people go with just a cat back back, but i went from the extractors back on my calibra, threw a high flow cat in as well, feels lovely to drive..

any panel filter really, they wont make a huge difference, mostly just induction noise.. i got a K&N panel filter, all the performance ones will do roughly the same thing, on small powered engines like ours, you dont notice big gains.. just dont do a pod..

CAI kits you can get, but are bit pricey.. easier just to buy some tubing and do your own.. alternatively, some people have got the vectra diesel intake, i'm not sure on the size, but apparently they are worthy..

you can also try de-restricting your air-box, it'll give a better sound, be a little more responsive, but you might loose some torque due to the air coming in easier, but again, nothing that will be noticeable on the sri's engine..

a nice set of 18's are always good.. theres the powerchip option, increase of i think 17kw roughly..

it's worthwhile doing a seacrh on ebay under "astra" or "opel" occasionly you can find some cheap stuff there, also try searching "universal" you can find things like a CAI heat proof tube etc..

thats about all i can think of as i'm tired..

struz
31st January 2006, 10:05 PM
Ahh that's what im after now... Cheers man. I'm going to get some prices for the extractors and xzorst tommorrow (I'm hoping it isn't going to be over the $800 mark.) I got quoted $30 bucks for a K&N panel filter from my local Motorquipe so im going to pick that up aswell. I'm searching ebay atm for some CAI kits.

Hmm i think next on my list is suspension, hurry up pay check.

John.

oneightoo
31st January 2006, 10:08 PM
where did you get quoted $30 for a K&N panel???? i paid $110 for mine.. sheesh i feel ripped off..

also with your zorst, if your getting a press bend make it 2 1/2 inch if mandrel bend get 2 1/4..

struz
31st January 2006, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking im gonna go mandrel as you get better flow. $110 seems alot for the filter. As i said i got the quote from my local Motorquipe (Performance Car Shop Chain in Adelaide.) Then again they are having there christmas clearance so lucky me.

John.

If u guys have msn - - > [email protected]

oneightoo
31st January 2006, 10:37 PM
added

dam message being too short

mr_sikma
2nd February 2006, 08:22 PM
hey man,

i am in aelaide aswell ;)

what part are you from? i live in the northern suburbs!

what motoquipe did you get prices at? mite have to check it out if they are that cheap!

struz
2nd February 2006, 10:22 PM
hey man,

i am in aelaide aswell ;)

what part are you from? i live in the northern suburbs!

what motoquipe did you get prices at? mite have to check it out if they are that cheap!

I'm from the ghetto ops i mean "northern" suburbs aswell. Umm i got my K&N panel filter for $90, damn chick quoting me wrong prices. :(

mr_sikma
2nd February 2006, 10:55 PM
thats good then, i am in hillbank. u seen me round?

where do u work?

also $90- sounds right! lol if it was $30- i would be there asap!!!

struz
2nd February 2006, 11:02 PM
I'm in Salisbury.... I've only seen SIKMA around ages ago, not the barina if u were referring to it.

Yeah i was there straight away but she gave me a quote for the imitation one. Not fair...:confused:

John.

mr_sikma
2nd February 2006, 11:07 PM
haha lol

yeah sikma has a blown head gasket and been off the road for a bit! will be abck eventaully, lol

what plates did u have on the skyline? what model / colour?

struz
2nd February 2006, 11:11 PM
haha lol

yeah sikma has a blown head gasket and been off the road for a bit! will be abck eventaully, lol

what plates did u have on the skyline? what model / colour?

It was an r33 and Maroon. It didn't have any custom plates only my BB's, not a fan of custom number plates.

Funny thing is i seen SIKMA heading down Main North ages ago tried to catch up but you turned off. :( Was a neat car..

mr_sikma
2nd February 2006, 11:21 PM
still is ;) and thanks!

as my sig says it ran a high 14sec pass, so you would have killed me!

y u sell it?