PDA

View Full Version : Embarassed to ask this Q about SRi fog lamp globe replacement...

OlliesAstraSRi
29th January 2006, 03:51 PM
Hey all,

Yes, I am totally embarassed to ask this! How do I change the left fog lamp globe on my 01 SRi???? I purchased the globe from my Holden dealer. Just gotta fit it!

The dude explained the thing about how you can not touch the globe itself, only to touch the cable.

Happy Australia Day for the 26th as well!

Degen-Astra
29th January 2006, 05:39 PM
Its been a while since I have done mine, but if your talking Astra SRi then it is a bit tricky with the lip spoiler on, as there is not a hell of alot of room to get under.
Basically you need to twist the bottom off the fog light fitting. You then need to get the globe holder out...which is all a bit fiddly, unless you have small hands. And push the cable into the connection and place the new globe onto the holder, placing it back without touch the globe is the tricky part, although rubber or latex gloves come in handy when replacing globes.

oneightoo
29th January 2006, 06:10 PM
yeah dont touch the globe or you will shorten the life of it..

MiksOpel
28th June 2006, 01:58 PM
Is the globe supposed to come out of the holder?
If so, how does it come out, the sucker doesn't want to,

Or do you buy the globe, the holder with the wire connection as one?
That doesn't sound right?

EL BURITO
29th June 2006, 04:47 PM
there is like this little metal bit attched tothe globe and then a wire and that all plugs into the globe holder. that make sence?