PDA

View Full Version : First VXR stack

Mr T
27th January 2006, 10:56 AM
As taken from www.vxrregister.com (http://www.vxrregister.com)

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Went for a good drive over the cairn-o-mount over to banchory then the south deeside road to aberdeen. Didnt quiet make it tho Came round a right hand bend hit with 4x4 headlights coming towards me then the next second im lookin out my drivers door windows lookin at it coming rite at me. The great news for you all is even with sport mode on the esp kicked in very quickly and corrected me perfectly but due to road width i touch verg and took off, dropped bout 15ft down into a field then finally came to a stop bout 100+ yards away in a pile of little tress and against the fence of a nearby house.
Sat for about 2 minutes just takin huge big breaths thinkn holy sh*t im ok everything works, my legs arms everything....phew! Checked my mate and he was still sitting in exactly the same place with his legs still crossed. OMG!!

When corrected by the toys and wasnt hitting 4x4 i thought for a split second this thing is unbelievable its good at everything and really does have smart elecs to sort you out then airborn lookin at a telegraph pole out windscreen, how we missed it i dont know cos lets face the steering dont work too good in the air, then hit the deck and spend what felt like a life time thinkn ok what is going to stop us and how hard is it going to be? Certainly gets the heart rate up then a little bumpin about and we was stopped. Crazy!

Bit confused and it was dark so not too sure but think she is dead could be wrong but surley you cant jump in air drop down 15ft then land in trees and still have it fixed.

Apart from the head thoughts goin on during it i must say the seat remained as comfy as normal during the entire thing and to be perfectly honest never really felt to much or get thrown bout cos the seats hold you so well.

Friday the 13th at 23:52, unreal, 8 minutes left and of course why did this happen, where we lost it we hit a 3-4" deep mud trail where loggin trucks were crossing from field to woods. FCKRS!!! Will tell my insurance and ask them to find out who doing the work and try to claim off them, cops saw the mud and never asked mush more as it was obvious what caused it, then more police turned up and spend some time cleaning the mud away, think there was 4 police cars and one ambulance by the end of it, at least it cleaned and not catch someone else out. All the emergencies where called out cos the 4x4 and two cars behind him thought we was proper fckd but just sat in car few minutes get head together.

Well well got a run home in the T5 traffic car via the backroads which was fun and by the way that thing shifts, no he wasnt going for it but that thing has some go bout it made me forget bout what just happened for a minute.

Anyway stood in hot shower to save on stiffness tomorrow while i sort out the insurance and see how the hell they are going to get it out.

The main thing both perfectly ok although struggling to get our heads round it and how comfy we remained throughout. Well done vauxhall, cant stop praisin it and it even crashed well and lands on its wheels.

still trying to get ma head round this, unreal.... just thought tho, if its written off which i hope it is i get a new one but will have to go through the waiting game again...nitemare!

Learned somthing and got away with it without a scratch, no matter how good teh vxr is with its almost magical grip hit mud or ice or anything really and your aff! mmm

This pic taken standin where the mud was
http://www.mikey.ssebroadband.co.uk/The%20Aff/TheStartsmall.JPG
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/aussie31/DSCF0305Medium.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/aussie31/DSCF0348Medium.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/aussie31/DSCF0354Medium.jpg

BassyAstra
27th January 2006, 11:03 AM
Did this guy pass high school english. He makes no sense half the time.

btm
27th January 2006, 11:22 AM
Did this guy pass high school english. He makes no sense half the time.
were you his teacher? :p

oneightoo
27th January 2006, 11:38 AM
dayum..

what a waste!!

InSaNe^Sna1L
27th January 2006, 12:29 PM
reminds me of the time i wrote off my VW

zoidberg
27th January 2006, 12:30 PM
What was this guys doing I ask!!!

I love the VXR, i really do, but if he praising the car for its excellent ESP system then why did the car go completely side ways for him to be able to see the 4x4 out his "drivers" window. I understand there was mud but lets look at the facts.

His drivers window is on his right, the same as ours, he was travelling around a right hand bend. The only way you can really over power ESP that much is if your travelling with some serious speed into the heart of a tight corner then lift off the throttle, then the car would have over steered putting the passengers side infront of the 4x4.

His story doesn't add up. I reckon he just screwed up and lost it

EL BURITO
27th January 2006, 12:45 PM
dear god, thats just pure evil. poor car :(

rusole21
27th January 2006, 01:08 PM
that guy is a retard. such a sweet car and hes craped it up already. i agree with the fact about his english. i couldnt understand hardly any of it.

auzvectra
27th January 2006, 01:24 PM
still good for parts :D
motor, maybe mags, ect...

btm
27th January 2006, 01:32 PM
all crashed up and dirty and still looks HOT :)

ROCCO
27th January 2006, 04:21 PM
i'm going to email my cousin in europe see if he can track down the engine hehe.....I WANT ONE!! rims too hehe

Red AH SRI T
27th January 2006, 07:15 PM
*cries*....

R3N
28th January 2006, 12:16 AM
is there a thread in which you NEVER cry blackie?

oneightoo
28th January 2006, 12:23 AM
he is emotional..

BassyAstra
28th January 2006, 01:31 AM
were you his teacher? :p

Harddy Har mr batting for the other team.:(

Red AH SRI T
28th January 2006, 08:19 AM
is there a thread in which you NEVER cry blackie?

its that time of the month

constantly

aussie_in_london
28th January 2006, 10:58 AM
for starters the owner Mike isnt no retart and whatever other comments you wanna make, if you ever have the chance to make a trip to the UK mid winter take a drive up to Scotland, the roads are always icey and wet and the farmers around that particular areas have a habit of dumping a crap load of mud on the road and the cause of the accident, the post he put up was only a few hours following the accident and with shock seeting in of what happened who would make much sense of what you are saying, well for an update his insurance company decised on a write off and Mike will be replacing with another VXR, the good point he walked away form the accident.

180HOA
28th January 2006, 10:21 PM
for starters the owner Mike isnt no retart and whatever other comments you wanna make, if you ever have the chance to make a trip to the UK mid winter take a drive up to Scotland, the roads are always icey and wet and the farmers around that particular areas have a habit of dumping a crap load of mud on the road and the cause of the accident, the post he put up was only a few hours following the accident and with shock seeting in of what happened who would make much sense of what you are saying, well for an update his insurance company decised on a write off and Mike will be replacing with another VXR, the good point he walked away form the accident.

That's all well and good, but on sh1t roads some commonsense should apply. This guy seems to have left no margin for error - i.e. mud on road, oncoming vehicle, etc., and as traffic and mud on Scottish country roads (apparently) are common, he can't blame anything other than himself. He could have easily killed himself, or someone else. I think a good general rule is if you can't stop on the stretch of road you see in front of you, you're probably driving too fast. Unfortunately, no matter how clever the car is, it's still going to be limited by the skill and commonsense (or lack of) of the driver...

aussie_in_london
29th January 2006, 06:14 AM
always easy to judge others when its not yourself in the situation.

Mr T
29th January 2006, 06:39 PM
The bloke, Mike as I'm told, didn't blame anyone, he just stated what happened and praised the vehicles ability whist still on tarmac.. I am sure he has learned from what happened , I think he is very lucky he didn't one of those trees...!!!

But geez, does it need to writen off...it doesn't look too much of mess.
If the insurance Co. dont want it, I'll have it...:D

EL BURITO
29th January 2006, 06:45 PM
wounder if he did get to try it at 152mph (top speed stated by VUX)

rjastra
30th January 2006, 11:23 PM
The bloke, Mike as I'm told, didn't blame anyone,

Could have sworn he blamed the farmers/truck drivers who trailed mud across the road. Never once was it his fault ;)

where we lost it we hit a 3-4" deep mud trail where loggin trucks were crossing from field to woods. FCKRS!!! Will tell my insurance and ask them to find out who doing the work and try to claim off them,