PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear... We want more!

Rhino
26th January 2006, 01:27 AM
OK, some of you may have noticed that Top Gear has recently been airing on SBS on Monday nights to replace Myth Busters...

Excellent news! you say

Well, not really. See, it's season 5... and that just doesn't cut it.

BUT. If you go here (http://www.finalgear.com/downloads/topgear/) you will have access to the torrents for every episode up to the end of season 7... which includes some sexy stuff like the Bugatti Veyron - a W16 (yup, twin v8), quad turbo, 1000hp supercar...

If you don't have a torrent proggie, I suggest Micro Torrent (http://www.utorrent.com/download.php).

Awesome episodes that come to mind are:
Ariel Atom (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573) (Google video excerpt of the episode)
Bugatti Veyron
Vauxhall Monaro VXR (I think that aired a couple of weeks ago)
Vauxhall Astra VXR review
Intercontinental races
And much more.

Go on!

Red AH SRI T
26th January 2006, 08:35 AM
it has been confirmed that Top Gear will keep running and they will be playing more recent shows as well.

Although these episodes might be old many are still relevant as some of these cars are just arriving in australia.

well done SBS!

SSS_Hoon
26th January 2006, 09:11 AM
mmm i hate torrents can never get them too work.

is it out in a box set does anyone know?

SSS_Hoon

Alfonzo
26th January 2006, 11:40 AM
I don't think they've released the seasons on box sets, but I do know they have released a few DVD compilations. I've got a copy of Revved Up, which Hammond hosts. Pretty good stuff :)

I'm an avid Top Gear collector. I have all of their current productions, right from the pilot episode of Season one. I want to go back and get all the real *old* episodes of Top Gear, the first incarnation just to see how different the show is now.

Rhino
26th January 2006, 12:48 PM
it has been confirmed that Top Gear will keep running and they will be playing more recent shows as well.

Although these episodes might be old many are still relevant as some of these cars are just arriving in australia.

well done SBS!
That's good. But if you're impatient like me, you can view the next two years worth of eps now... as they only do about 9 per season.

They test the Astra VXR midway through next year! by Australian timing.

mmm i hate torrents can never get them too work.
Oh so easy.

1. Get MicroTorrent.
2. Go to the link I gave you and download the .torrent files for the programes you want.
3. Start MicroTorrent and open the .torrent files you downloaded - it starts downloading.
When finished, you've got a mwv or avi or mpg to watch.

MicroTorrent is very small, and not resource hungry.

So siiiiiimple.

Clarkson, Hammond and May are awesome.

PaulyJ
26th January 2006, 01:02 PM
Good find
Let the downloading begin
Been watching these at my mates place, and think the show is awesome.

So you recommend MicroTorrent? Any good
i'm using Azureus and love it, and have been told BitLord is good too.

back to the topic: so they've done 7 series or more?

Red AH SRI T
26th January 2006, 06:13 PM
SBS have said that as soon as the current (5th?) season that they are now playing has finished they will start with the 6th and then the 7th season staright away, so by half way through the year we should have caught up

BassyAstra
26th January 2006, 06:58 PM
I just watched the Bugatti Veyron ep, pretty crazy.

imad4u
26th January 2006, 06:58 PM
i think the best eposode for me was the Bugatti Veyron one, its just an awesome car that will never be repeated, im also enjoying fifth gear's current series they are an hour long now...

BassyAstra
26th January 2006, 07:05 PM
i think the best eposode for me was the Bugatti Veyron one, its just an awesome car that will never be repeated, im also enjoying fifth gear's current series they are an hour long now...
Yes 30 mins was just too short...

Btw why the fck didnt they run the veyron round the track, i wanted to kno what time it hits compared to all the rest on their famous list.

Nem
27th January 2006, 10:41 AM
I like azureus for torrent client. Its a java app and only needs one port open in your firewall to run. Torrentspy is my torrent search engine of choice.

woody
27th January 2006, 04:01 PM
SBS have said that as soon as the current (5th?) season that they are now playing has finished they will start with the 6th and then the 7th season staright away, so by half way through the year we should have caught up

The problem with the SBS eps is that they seems to be spliced together.. they are not the full eps from the UK.. believe me i've been downloading them from seedler.org for months...

Another good torrent client is BitLord.

astraman
28th January 2006, 08:26 AM
To down load files I use "bitlord". You can also down load files from ISO Hunt and Mininova. What ever you do don't down load any files if youre only on dial up. You'll be there until season 8 starts.

nicecar
28th January 2006, 10:36 PM
You can download topgear car guides here:-

http://www.tunertrader.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=516

MK
30th January 2006, 08:01 PM
I watch it all the time... actually, i am watching it now!