PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Air Filters

eld0ra
24th January 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm interested in buying an aftermarket air filter (either pod or panel) for my car but i'm worried that it may void my new car warranty with Holden.

Does anyone know if a pod filters can void a new car warranty? or would a panel filters void a warranty even if its in the factory airbox?

I also read somewhere that the oem filter is ment to be replaced every 10,000kms. Is this true? Do holden change the air filters when they service the cars?

I'm thinking i might have to do a shifty and switch over the aftermarket panel filter with the factory filter when i put my car in for a service.

Let me know because i'm interested!

Degen-Astra
24th January 2006, 09:38 PM
With any Warranty claim the manufacturer has to prove that the modification has caused an issue, if there is a problem down the track. It would be a very cunning and devious manufacturer that would dare try to take you to task on a simple panel filter.

Changing the air filter - check your service manual. It tells you what they inspect, replace, change etc.

If you put an aftermarket panel in and you leave it in when it goes to service make sure they dont go throwing it out on you.

PaulTheBall
25th January 2006, 10:15 PM
I used to have a POD in the car.... and went to Holden service with it. I even made a warranty claim for something under the bonnet and they didn't seem to mind.

mr_sikma
25th January 2006, 11:41 PM
i would say that the replacement type ones def wouldnt void ya warranty but make sure you have the sticker on there, that says do not discard ;)

pods are illegal here in sa, so they could void it!

R3N
26th January 2006, 01:14 AM
there has been some cases with the oil from the K&Ns buggering up the AFM

mr_sikma
26th January 2006, 03:22 AM
really?

they are pre-oiled and not really that wet. would the problems be when people oil them themselves? after being cleaned?

R3N
26th January 2006, 04:29 AM
yes... that would be the case... and if that happens, warranty on those parts would be void