PDA

View Full Version : Astra H Fog Lights

bill142
24th January 2006, 07:11 PM
Whilst looking around on my new AH, I noticed some wiring harnesses at the front with the colour combination of Brown and Brown Green. Are these the connections for the fog lights as I am interested in acquring a set. The only issue which I have not investigated is if there is a connection running upto the switch cluster for the other lights and I have not come accross a good way to pull the dash apart to have a look.

Does anyone know if these are the correct connections and if there is a connection at the light switch cluster and where would be a good place to look for a set of lights?

Red AH SRI T
24th January 2006, 07:37 PM
This should be posted in the ASTRA forum

I think if u do a search of Astra H fog lights u will find that someone has written a how to guide on putting front foggies on CD and CDX H's. It may have in there what u are looking for :D

stevedee3
24th January 2006, 07:46 PM
The only issue which I have not investigated is if there is a connection running upto the switch cluster for the other lights and I have not come accross a good way to pull the dash apart to have a look.I don't know if the Astra H is the same, but on the Vectra C it's really easy to remove the light switch. You just push it in, then turn it about half way on and the thing just pops out.

To clarify:
It's really easy to remove the panel contain all the light swtches - don't think the actual switches are available as separate parts.

JR
24th January 2006, 08:33 PM
don't know bout the astra h, but with the astra g, u need a new instrument/switch panel aswell. basically where the current parklights, headlights, rear foggies switches r located.

u'll also need a relay/fuse for the foggies.

the astra g also has the same wiring harness as u described.

i'm still unable 2 source an instrument panel. cheapest 1 i could find was for $150. no thanks....i should keep trying at da wreakers - get it off a cdx or sri model.

might b more difficult 2 find a second-hand 1 for the astra h model.

Red AH SRI T
25th January 2006, 10:00 AM
The Astra H's Light panel isn't like the vectra C's, its not just a little box that pops out :(

bill142
26th January 2006, 08:56 PM
Does anyhow know how to get it out??

EL BURITO
27th January 2006, 01:04 AM
go to Astra sport maby some one there has got it out