PDA

View Full Version : My car is gettin a few "little" bits....

Gildo
22nd January 2006, 08:16 PM
thought i would up date you all on my plans for my car.....

Basically im going to be keeping it for a while so.....

1. 22/1 - Tints
2. 22/1 - New rims (old ones are scratched and need new tyre)
3. 27/1 - Custome extractors
4. 4/2 - new decals

thats the plan for the next couple of weeks, not sure where to go next.
maybe sway bars and a new rear bar.

will post pics up soon!

pred8r
22nd January 2006, 09:12 PM
Im interested in the sways and rear bar if its an irmscher, keep me informed if you are getting it from OS and want to share postage costs.

Mines getting a sunroof - sometime in the week of 13th Feb :)

You in Melb?

mr_sikma
23rd January 2006, 08:28 AM
sounds good!

but as if you havent got tint already?

are you getting a whole new set or same?

whats a sunroof worth?

EL BURITO
23rd January 2006, 10:49 AM
(sun roof) think dug said 2.5k

1OPL2C
23rd January 2006, 11:27 AM
how much are extractors goin to cost you?

Gildo
23rd January 2006, 12:41 PM
extractors are being developed on my car for mass production. My car is being used as the engine block for the moulding.

Basically in July this year, extractors should be available for purchase.

i got a quote of $600 plus a high flow cat. but as my car is the "test dummy" its dramatically less.

Mr sikma - not everyone will do there modifications in the same order as you will, personally im doing the tints for the look but also the heat.
Also i got them now because i got a really good deal! so it was well worth it.
$150

AF1R
23rd January 2006, 12:44 PM
If your getting extractors then you;ll have to get an exhaust some time soon if you havent gotten already.

Id rather get front and rear sway bars for the Barina instead of extractors, no need to improve performance for such a small car, improve the handelling and enjoy the drive.
Make sure you drop it like its hott when you get the rims :D

EDIT: Sorry, didnt read the above post, lol. Yeah go get thos headers man, should be an interesting result.

1OPL2C
23rd January 2006, 12:48 PM
tints ur gettn is cheap.. i got mine for $200

how dark are u goin?

maloo97
23rd January 2006, 12:51 PM
I just got a Hollandia 300s sun roof put in my car about 3 weeks ago.
Total cost $1700.

1OPL2C
23rd January 2006, 12:55 PM
i think OzzySri had custom made extractors in his corsa, dont know if it made a big difference but, hopefully for the price its good.

pred8r
23rd January 2006, 02:43 PM
Hollandia 300L (s=small l=large) classique(?) topslider $1295 installed
Was tossing up between 2 models, one has 2 memory positions and a roller blind(which doesnt completely disappear into the rear section), controlpanel looks HOT!. On the other a panel clips to the glass (DUG74 has this one FWIR) but when off the glass section is unobscured, no control panel just a button.
Im going with the latter. Ill velcro the cover under the parcel shelf or something.....

Gildo
23rd January 2006, 09:21 PM
Afir - atm im happy with the handeling. i have good rubber and sittin on H&R springs aswell (1.5inch or so drop....so its dropped like its hot :P)
will get piccies up 2moz.
looks a whole lot beta than with the old rims

ultim8DTM5
23rd January 2006, 09:39 PM
i think OzzySri had custom made extractors in his corsa, dont know if it made a big difference but, hopefully for the price its good.

Yep, Hurricane Headers/Liverpool Exhaust did them.
Hardly any gains in the butt dyno.

PaulyJ
23rd January 2006, 10:33 PM
what next?
log onto http://www.whiteline.com.au and get some quality suspension and handling parts for your car.

Gildo
24th January 2006, 01:05 AM
my theory on whiteline......designed for subaru and modified for other cars.

ATM i have H&R springs (mentioned above) with stock shocks.....next thing will probs be H&R shocks then a new set of front disks n rotors, as im experiencing some heat sock with the brakes.....

mr_sikma
24th January 2006, 08:06 AM
Mr sikma - not everyone will do there modifications in the same order as you will, personally im doing the tints for the look but also the heat. Also i got them now because i got a really good deal! so it was well worth it. $150

yeah fair enough. i was just saying alot of people just get it done straight away. also why else would you do the tint other than the look and for the heat?

do you get a warranty on that $150- special?

Gildo
24th January 2006, 09:46 AM
It was done by one of my mates friends, so if anything goes wrong, i will just call him and it will be sorted out.

mr_sikma
25th January 2006, 11:43 PM
would love to see some pics mate ;)

you selling the old mags?