PDA

View Full Version : Engine bay

EL BURITO
18th January 2006, 08:09 PM
This may sound stupid but i thought it might be intreasting to know What Badge is on your engine. Mine is opel but the barina's at the wreakers have a Vux and a Holden emblem on em.

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 08:20 PM
the only stupid poll is a poll not put out there.. well some are.. but.. :)

i have an opel emblem/logo on my 91 cali..

i think most sri astra's will the holden plastic lid thing..

Red AH SRI T
18th January 2006, 08:24 PM
All Astra H's have Holden Badging on them

low astra
18th January 2006, 09:33 PM
hmmm my engine cover was holden badged, but now it is at my painters getting, adjusted,

Wattie
19th January 2006, 07:22 AM
mine doesnt have on at the monemt, im trying to make my own OPC one with a spare OPC badge i have lying around...

InSaNe^Sna1L
19th January 2006, 08:22 AM
mine has a little horse standing up on its back legs.....

Slimcraigie
19th January 2006, 08:28 AM
mine has a little horse standing up on its back legs.....

Mounting another horse ?? :D

OPC
19th January 2006, 10:18 AM
i saw that video craig you dirt bastard

Dee
19th January 2006, 10:21 AM
toyota :) hehehehe

corsa still had holden tho

lowey22
19th January 2006, 10:22 AM
hmmm my engine cover was holden badged, but now it is at my painters getting, adjusted,

mine will be self adjusted very soon, along with a few other engine bits.

InsaneAsylum
19th January 2006, 10:27 AM
had holden but i sprayed over it

InSaNe^Sna1L
19th January 2006, 10:35 AM

haha....sick sick man! :)

Vectracious
19th January 2006, 02:38 PM
My Veccy had a Holden Badge, the Astra has a Holden badge......

The Subaru doesnt even have an engine cover - all you can see is metal, hoses, plastic and an intercooler - ugliest engine bay ever - looks like a 1984 Lada....

Dee
19th January 2006, 02:40 PM
My Veccy had a Holden Badge, the Astra has a Holden badge......

The Subaru doesnt even have an engine cover - all you can see is metal, hoses, plastic and an intercooler - ugliest engine bay ever - looks like a 1984 Lada....
Blasphemy!!!

dont ever compare that beautiful WRX to a Lada *spits in the general direction of all Lada's*

Vectracious
19th January 2006, 02:45 PM
Blasphemy!!!

dont ever compare that beautiful WRX to a Lada *spits in the general direction of all Lada's*

Well I guess comparing it to Lada's is a bit extreme, but that engine bay is still pretty disgusting.... you pulled a face when you saw the engine last cruise :p

*Hurls Molotov ****tail at a Lada*

Dee
19th January 2006, 02:48 PM
Well I guess comparing it to Lada's is a bit extreme, but that engine bay is still pretty disgusting.... you pulled a face when you saw the engine last cruise :p

*Hurls Molotov ****tail at a Lada*
yes, i was smiling.... the power of the engne made me smile :D <-- see that's the face you saw

slyopel
19th January 2006, 02:56 PM
i did have holden on it. i srubed it off waiting to be sprayed red with a rear opel badge waiting to go on it.

Vectracious
19th January 2006, 03:47 PM
yes, i was smiling.... the power of the engne made me smile :D <-- see that's the face you saw

Dunno, I couldn't see as I was following you most of the time - so much for AWD and Turbo, damn Vectra killing Corolla sportivo.... :D

AnthonyW
24th January 2006, 09:10 PM
mine was a holden but not now

mr_sikma
26th January 2006, 12:09 AM
just seen my mates barina lease car, its the same as my car but auto

and the rocker cover is completely different and silver with holden badging!

woody
30th January 2006, 09:02 AM
I had a Holden lion but with a quick call to SlimCraigie i got myself a nice new Opel Engine Cover...

ronj
30th January 2006, 05:07 PM
My vectra cdx had a Holden badge but now thanks to slimcraigie it has an Opel badge

MK
30th January 2006, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I have Holden on my Astra H engine cover. I want to paint the cover and then attach the Opel logo on to it, however... can i take the engine cover off, leave it at the painters and drive without it while it gets painted?

is it going to affect the car in anyway?

PaulyJ
30th January 2006, 05:53 PM
ummmm dude yeah...
you'll be taking the rocker cover off... your engine will run, but NOT for long...

just buy a heatproof paint in the colour you want, take the cover off, clean the top and spray it. Just make sure non gets on the inside of the cover.

MK
30th January 2006, 07:38 PM
Dzieki! i should have made it more detailed... what i was asking about was the black plastic cover that covers the engine itself.
I actually removed it (when i was cleaning the engine) but was not sure if its ok to drive while its off and being painted by the painter in the workshop?

Thanks again Bracie!

PaulyJ
30th January 2006, 07:47 PM
Nie ma za co :D

What have others done to their engine bays?