PDA

View Full Version : New Barina: A "HUGE SUCCESS"

Red AH SRI T
18th January 2006, 09:36 AM
Well, with its first full month on sale the Daewoo Sourced TK Barina has given the Barina nameplate its best monthly result in over ten years!

In fact, customers are now waiting until late march or april to take delivery of their new Barina!

Stick a Holden badge on anything and it will sell!

Dee
18th January 2006, 09:37 AM
and make the price so unbelievabley cheap and they will buy 2

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 09:41 AM
it doesnt look nearly as aggressive as the xc, but still, not bad for holden..

Mr T
18th January 2006, 09:45 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll be forced to eat humble pie if this keeps up...!!!

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 09:54 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll be forced to eat humble pie if this keeps up...!!!
you wont be the only one..

btm
18th January 2006, 09:56 AM
you wont be the only one..
ditto.......

Dee
18th January 2006, 09:58 AM
you may as well give me a piece of that pie too....

CJB
18th January 2006, 10:08 AM
*Screams and jumps out window*

chuckiebrowne
18th January 2006, 10:36 AM
give me some of the pie too ... amazing ...

sasrit
18th January 2006, 11:36 AM
A classic case of marketing and perceived value for money overtaking quality engineering to flog more stock........people spending $14k on a new car just want to get as much fruit for their money that they can and if it drives OK then thats fine, people willing to spend more can get much better engineering. It's not for me, and I'd much prefer an '04 Sri second hand, but 'yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice'. There's very few truly woeful new cars out there these days........

PaulyJ
18th January 2006, 06:13 PM
good stuff for holden
does that mean no more opel sourced barina's?

GeeeAus
18th January 2006, 06:32 PM
Yes it does.

And no pie for me thank you

:-)

GeeeAus

entice
18th January 2006, 06:44 PM
Of course it has good sales...cheap and relatively reliable transport, and it's new...

do people at that end of teh scale (PRICE WISE) CARE OR READ ABOUT CAR REVIEWS BY WHEELS ETC ETC... so long as they know where to put the petrol, and where to put the key, they're happy...

CJB
18th January 2006, 07:48 PM
I have only seen old women and young girls driving it so far... like new to the road young ladies.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it - as you said entice, are these people reading reviews?

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 08:29 PM
yes but some people as someone said (cbf scrolling up to see who), only care about where the fuel goes in.. they are also the same people who keep service departments and mechanics in the black..

CJB
18th January 2006, 08:33 PM
who cares, lol, it's ugly. :p

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 08:34 PM
couldnt have said it better myself.. in fact i think i did say that :p

CJB
18th January 2006, 08:39 PM
couldnt have said it better myself.. in fact i think i did say that :p
Yeah. I opt for that statement then humble pie, besides, humble pie is fattening!

:D

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 08:41 PM
*eating humble pie*

CJB
18th January 2006, 08:43 PM
*bashes 182* GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! Bad Matchu, very very bad Matchu!!!!

EL BURITO
18th January 2006, 08:46 PM
i still wouldnt piss on one that was on fire. Even if people are buying it. Lets see wat happens to em when they hit that 3.5 year old mark

CJB
18th January 2006, 08:47 PM
i still wouldnt piss on one that was on fire. Even if people are buying it. Lets see wat happens to em when they hit that 3.5 year old mark
It will be like my 16 month old Corsa, FOR SALE! :D

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 08:55 PM
i would piss on one if ya dared me too..

EL BURITO
18th January 2006, 08:58 PM
It will be like my 16 month old Corsa, FOR SALE! :D

Y u selling Crispy you getting the NEW barina
**falls over laughing**

CJB
18th January 2006, 08:58 PM
i would piss on one if ya dared me too..
I dare you!!! I dare you Matchu!!!

and if you do... I will...............................

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 09:00 PM
I dare you!!! I dare you Matchu!!!

and if you do... I will...............................
ok, but remember, dont cross the streams..

CJB
18th January 2006, 09:00 PM
Y u selling Crispy you getting the NEW barina
**falls over laughing**
Hmm, *bitch slaps YOU* NO!!!!

An Astra H, 5 door, black, manual, CDX.

I want a bigger car and the doors.

Plus, my little old Corsa is ready for the bin *whispers* it has 49,000kms on the clock!

CJB
18th January 2006, 09:01 PM
ok, but remember, dont cross the streams..
But it's fun :D

It's like, sword fighting!

EL BURITO
18th January 2006, 09:02 PM
Getting my Astra as soon as i get my new job. CDXI thought.

Be funny to watch you too peein on a fire

CJB
18th January 2006, 09:04 PM
Getting my Astra as soon as i get my new job. CDXI thought.

Be funny to watch you too peein on a fire
we pee together all the time, no biggie :D

EL BURITO
18th January 2006, 09:05 PM
ya quire Fuc*er

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 09:06 PM
true story, there was this one time, at band camp, we peed in the toilet together.. was so funny..

CJB
18th January 2006, 09:07 PM
true story, there was this one time, at band camp, we peed in the toilet together.. was so funny..
*Blushes*

Matchu!!!! sshhhhh

oneightoo
18th January 2006, 09:08 PM
ya quire Fuc*er
not me..

i was just joking..

but..

not that theres anything wrong with that..

CJB
18th January 2006, 09:12 PM
*exits thread*

I am off to my home! BORED THREAD!

Red AH SRI T
19th January 2006, 09:30 AM
Crispy, u can buy my black manual CDX so i can buy the SRi when it comes out :D

CJB
19th January 2006, 10:32 AM
Crispy, u can buy my black manual CDX so i can buy the SRi when it comes out :D
How many km's and what price are you thinking???? :D

I will seriously consider that!

PM me if you want, or just come back to bed, either way ;)

Dee
19th January 2006, 10:36 AM
so how are the sales for the Viva going???

CJB
19th January 2006, 10:38 AM
*waits for Blackie to say Vivatastic!*

Red AH SRI T
19th January 2006, 11:04 AM
LMAO u guys are funny!

it has 17000 km on it, havent thought about price

however im getting a zorst on it on wednesday!

CJB
19th January 2006, 11:06 AM
LMAO u guys are funny!

it has 17000 km on it, havent thought about price

however im getting a zorst on it on wednesday!
shweet!!!

I won't be ready to buy till April though!!! Is that a problem?

LOVING WHAT I HEAR SO FAR!

Red AH SRI T
19th January 2006, 11:09 AM
sounds perfect, that should be when im ready to buy the SRi Turbo!

and, its already Opelised for you!!!

CJB
19th January 2006, 02:08 PM
awesome blackie!!! ;)

U know I am serious too :)

Red AH SRI T
19th January 2006, 02:30 PM
i know my dear friend :D

Hey, have a read of this review on the barina, its hilarious!

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,17835536-27286,00.html

Dee
19th January 2006, 02:34 PM
ohhh so many good quotes in there...

here are a few of my favs

You do not even have to give the Holden Barina the courtesy of a drive around the block to realise just how spoilt we once were.

The high quality and smart looking Opel Corsa-sourced Barina is now gone and just looking at the replacement is enough to send a shudder.

The difference in quality between the now dead and buried Opel Barina from Europe and the Daewoo jigger is a bit like the difference between a cold pie and a hot one.

The Barina's cabin is a bit of a let-down particularly against the old one, with low-rent plastics and it certainly hasn't got the same feel of build quality and style which is in the Fiesta and even Daewoo's Korean compatriots the Getz and Rio.

On the flip side, if you've never driven the Opel Barina you will probably be asking what the fuss is all about.

CJB
19th January 2006, 02:35 PM
It's true though, if you weren't comparing the Daewoo Barina to the Opel Barina, then there wouldn't really be a problem would there.

You would just write the car off as, 'junk'.

*sigh* why fight a battle you can't win!

Blackie, I thought I was more then your 'good friend' ;)

CJB
19th January 2006, 02:36 PM
Hey, have a read of this review on the barina, its hilarious!

It's true. I almost wet myself! :p

*wets self it's so funny*

Red AH SRI T
19th January 2006, 02:38 PM
oh love you really shouldn't be doing that

CJB
19th January 2006, 02:43 PM
I know.

Don't worry, I will change the sheets for your comfort tonight ;)

Charlatan
19th January 2006, 09:13 PM
I imagine there are a lot of fleet orders going thru from rental companies to replace aging fleets of Getz. Expect to rent one next time you tick the economy box on the booking form. This is probably over inflating initial order sales, but I still think they'll keep selling a lot of them

Red AH SRI T
19th January 2006, 10:02 PM
I imagine there are a lot of fleet orders going thru from rental companies to replace aging fleets of Getz. Expect to rent one next time you tick the economy box on the booking form. This is probably over inflating initial order sales, but I still think they'll keep selling a lot of them

sorry to tell u, but as of yet hardly any of the Barina sales are actually fleet sales.
Mostly young people as their first car and families as a second car

Shaun
19th January 2006, 10:21 PM
When i said that it would sell i was put down by many people. Cheaper cars are what people want.

Charlatan
19th January 2006, 11:00 PM
sorry to tell u, but as of yet hardly any of the Barina sales are actually fleet sales.
Mostly young people as their first car and families as a second car

...source?

oneightoo
19th January 2006, 11:02 PM
mate he is a holden dealer..

CJB
19th January 2006, 11:03 PM
mate he is a holden dealer..
You mean Holden Employee :p

oneightoo
19th January 2006, 11:09 PM
same thing, different smell..

Clint
19th January 2006, 11:52 PM
his thread really does show how successful the new barina is... didnt take long to get on the topic of taking a leak on the 'huge success' barina

Red AH SRI T
20th January 2006, 03:51 PM
...source?

I sell them :D

Sure some of the media is slamming the new Barina but it is selling very very well!

Last weekend we sold 40 cars, 15 of them were Barinas!!!!

CJB
20th January 2006, 03:59 PM

Sure some of the media is slamming the new Barina but it is selling very very well!

You wouldn't think so many people would be buying new cars at any given moment :p

EL BURITO
20th January 2006, 05:12 PM

Thats not somthing u should be smiling about
Like how wat i sell makes people fat

Red AH SRI T
20th January 2006, 07:44 PM
LMAO!

Im proud to be selling Holden's, i might not be so happy about selling a Korean product as opposed to the old euro product but if i can sell double the cars for well over double the money then its me smiling all the way to the bank :D

CJB
20th January 2006, 07:46 PM
LMAO!

Im proud to be selling Holden's, i might not be so happy about selling a Korean product as opposed to the old euro product but if i can sell double the cars for well over double the money then its me smiling all the way to the bank :D
Spoken like a true 'money hungry' carsales man :D

EL BURITO
20th January 2006, 07:48 PM
wat sota commision diff do ya get from selling on of these barinas to a old barina, black

Alfonzo
20th January 2006, 07:57 PM
I have only seen old women and young girls driving it so far... like new to the road young ladies.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it - as you said entice, are these people reading reviews? lmao, sif they're reading reviews. They're buying it because it's cheap.

However that is one thing I do like about these price pointed cars (Yaris, Echo, Getz, Mirage included) - I see more and more of them with a nice pink personalised numberplate with an 84 or 85 number, and some nice little blonde chickie inside :D

CJB
20th January 2006, 08:00 PM
True Alfonzo!

There are three Mirages in town all with pink plates with 86/85 on them, one of them has an ugly chick in it. But that's ok.

It's that age bracket and those girls that fill the cars with pink fluffy crap. So much pink fluff they barely fit in the car.

Red AH SRI T
20th January 2006, 08:39 PM
and what about the boi's that also drive thos little cars full of fluffy pink stuff???

Charlatan
20th January 2006, 08:49 PM

I'm not having a go, but do you see the figures of who is buying cars from dealers nationwide?

I have no doubt they are selling loads to dads with 16yo daughters ... its the new excel, we're going to have to put up with those on our roads for years to come. Its become even more embarrasing to say I drive a barina now!

CJB
20th January 2006, 09:02 PM
and what about the boi's that also drive thos little cars full of fluffy pink stuff???
How did you see my car? aye!!! aye aye aye!!! ha ha

Hmm, I remember the Excel fad, and I guess they had to find a car to replace it, so the new Barina being an el cheapo is it.

EL BURITO
20th January 2006, 09:24 PM
Its become even more embarrasing to say I drive a barina now!

I have a CORSA badge on the way:o

Red AH SRI T
22nd January 2006, 08:25 AM
I'm not having a go, but do you see the figures of who is buying cars from dealers nationwide?

I have no doubt they are selling loads to dads with 16yo daughters ... its the new excel, we're going to have to put up with those on our roads for years to come. Its become even more embarrasing to say I drive a barina now!

yes a lot more young people are buying the new barina, because their parents would prefer them to be in a new car than some used rust bucket.
And its not just girls either, quiet a lot of guys are bying it too.
We also have people who have really old cars and thought they would never be able to own a new car coming in and buying them.
Very broad mix, but definatley a lot more young people!

GeeeAus
22nd January 2006, 05:07 PM

On The contrary is EVERYTHING to be smiling about. His employer is selling more of these than they can lay their hands on. That means regular commissions for him and good job security as you need people to take orders or else you miss out on selling the cars.

I'm going to say it.

" I TOLD YOU ALL SO....."

This will continue, it would be a great time to be selling Holden's

Get over it everyone!

Opel sales in Australia are all but DEAD in the water.

I'd LOVE to just say that again.

Australian sales of Opel are FINISHED....
....Evil Laugh.....

WA04SXI, you need to get over it. The old Barina went stale on showroom floors, where the new one leaves tyre tread marks. People didn’t want the Opel one. It cost too much. And it had its own isssues.

It doesn’t matter to Holden that YOU don’t like it.

Because Holden can’t place it’s future profitability on just YOU. Your demographic is unprofitable for Holden. They’ve done the RIGHT thing and dumped you for a market that’s churning.

SMART MOVE…..

Seriously, did you really ever think, the new model was going to do anything else that what it has……?

All Opel models have been plagued with their own problems. Not very convincing to throw mud at Daewoo for making cars with issues…. At least these ones make money….. which if you didn’t know, is what Holden is here to do, not answer the whims of a little enthusiast group whose pride is hurt because the market demands a price point Opel just can’t satisfy.

Black AH CDX,

If I was selling Holden's for a living, I'd be shouting it at the top of my lungs. It's very simple really, I like money, and a car that sells itself out of stock so readily, is a good thing to be into if you like making money.

Black AH CDX should tell everyone he can, sell as many as he can, that’s his job.

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
22nd January 2006, 06:33 PM
HEHEHE

i wouldnt go as far to say that Opel product sales were dead in the water

The old Barina was still a good seller, it just wasn't profitable for holden in the same way that the new Barina is.

And the Astra is still the 2nd biggest selling car in its class behind the Corolla, so that hardly dead, and the Tigra is selling ahead of projected Targets.

Really the only Opel product that hasn't sold like it should was the Vectra, and that was only because Holden tried to sell it priced like a Rolls Royce, nothing wrong with the vectra, but the high introducory price killed it.

GeeeAus
22nd January 2006, 08:31 PM
"I wouldn’t go as far to say that Opel product sales were dead in the water"

Neither did I, I said “All BUT”

"The old Barina was still a good seller, it just wasn't profitable for Holden in the same way that the new Barina is."

Making no money is dead in the water..... Making no money and selling less product even more so. Now making $$$ and taking orders months in Advance. That’s a future.....

"And the Astra is still the 2nd biggest selling car in it's class behind the Corolla, so that hardly dead, and the Tigra is selling ahead of projected Targets."

Astra is a car which has coped its' own lukewarm reception. It's overweight and underpowered, using no new technologies. Not even Variable Intake Geometry....... A long way from where it was in the scheme of things a few years back....

"Miss, I've eaten all the pies", as Jeremy Clarkson put it.

The Tigra sells better than expected. But does that make it any more than a mere blip on the radar, I think not..... A Barina seller it will never be.

"Really the only Opel product that hasn't sold like it should was the Vectra, and that was only because Holden tried to sell it priced like a Rolls Royce, nothing wrong with the Vectra, but the high introductory price killed."

There has been plenty wrong with the Vectra both B and C, timing chain and erroneous electrical bugbears anybody.....

No, Opel is dead end here and Holden knows it and has done something about it. Goodo, you still have a work to go to for the foreseeable future.

GeeeAus

pred8r
22nd January 2006, 08:34 PM
The old Barina was still a good seller, it just wasn't profitable for holden in the same way that the new Barina is.

.....AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!

If a car they sell has a few design/quality issues, MEH! Itll sell anyway (have you tried to see past the A,B or C pillars of a 3dr C lately?)

If it has a lot of those issues, and makes them bucketloads....theyll market it to sell like hotcakes.

It has been proven time and time again people will even buy crap at the right price, just ask the fertiliser man.

01CDsedan
22nd January 2006, 09:19 PM
On another note, Viva sales haven't set the world on fire so far - I think it was 750 or so in December against a bit over 2000 Astras (like usual) - I thought the Viva would do 2000 a month or thereabouts and thrash the Corolla, but I might have to rethink that prediction.

pred8r
22nd January 2006, 09:51 PM
On another note, Viva sales haven't set the world on fire so far - I think it was 750 or so in December against a bit over 2000 Astras (like usual) - I thought the Viva would do 2000 a month or thereabouts and thrash the Corolla, but I might have to rethink that prediction.
Its coz its only got 22 storage spaces, or is it 23?

Sorry GM drugdealers drive WRXs BMWs or Skylines(although they may switch to the Colt considering the compartment inside the passenger seat), not Daewoos

Alfonzo
22nd January 2006, 11:40 PM
Ahh see, there is the problem - it has 22 storage spaces, people want 23!!!

Red AH SRI T
23rd January 2006, 07:31 AM
i still say opel sales aren't dead here, they have just been slowed and now coming to a stop due to the unprofitability of the vechiles which has made them uncompetitive with the other cars in their classes.

Not dead because they are bad cars

pred8r
23rd January 2006, 07:50 AM
i still say opel sales aren't dead here, they have just been slowed and now coming to a stop due to the unprofitability of the vechiles which has made them uncompetitive with the other cars in their classes.

Not dead because they are bad cars

Also the age of their relevent model runs. (corsa c is now 5yrs, which is about right for model lifespan)

FlySri
23rd January 2006, 09:04 AM
~~Hit's head on brick wall till bleeds~~
Some people will buy anything!!
Even if it's a rehacked peice of sh*t!!

CJB
23rd January 2006, 09:08 AM
~~Hit's head on brick wall till bleeds~~
Some people will buy anything!!
Even if it's a rehacked peice of sh*t!!
Also shows some people do really have taste in their a$$