PDA

View Full Version : OPC..... I Just Want One :)

Anonymous
12th April 2004, 10:34 PM
I've alway loved the Astra Wagon.
But now Seeing a OPC Astra Wagon makes me All warm inside.
Its Sexy Lil Family Mobile.

mr_astra_retired
12th April 2004, 10:38 PM
For sure mate i love it too 8)

Anonymous
12th April 2004, 10:40 PM
I could Fold Down them Rear Seats with a Selected Female Companion.
*JoY* :D

DrDevil
12th April 2004, 11:02 PM
yeah, i know how you feel

i would LOVE to get my hands on an OPC Corsa - too bad they are just a concept at the moment.

you should look into importing a OPC Astra Wagon, it would be cool to have the only one in Australia - and you wouldn't even have to rebadge it :lol:

dazza015
13th April 2004, 05:52 AM
Im with DrDevil on the Corsa OPC, i would put off my XR6 Turbo for it!

Anonymous
13th April 2004, 09:17 AM
To Honest, I'll have any OPC :D

My04SRi
13th April 2004, 12:44 PM
:shock: love that opc corsa..

Marty
13th April 2004, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't mind owning this:

VECTRA OPC

http://www.vectraweb.net/php/storage/galerie/200311242024_vectraopc_b.jpeg

Featuring innovative twin-turbochargers, the 1.9-liter diesel produces 156 kW (212 hp) and peak torque of more than 400 Nm from as low as 1400 rpm. With this engine the Vectra OPC needs no more than 6.5 seconds to sprint from zero to 100 kph.

Top speed is limited electronically to 250 kph!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My04SRi
13th April 2004, 08:37 PM
that doesnt nessescarily mean that it cant go beyond 250 :mrgreen: kph right?

Marty
13th April 2004, 08:40 PM
I wonder how much it would cost if it was ever brought out to Australia?

PaulTheBall
13th April 2004, 09:32 PM
FYI Astra OPC sells for around $45k in South Africa. But we can only dream that Holden will bring it out here.

PaulTheBall
13th April 2004, 09:47 PM
Also we are exporting Monaro now - don't you think trading a Monaro for an OPC is a fair swap :wink:

DrDevil
13th April 2004, 10:37 PM
Also we are exporting Monaro now - don't you think trading a Monaro for an OPC is a fair swap :wink:

yeah, but only to Vauxhall - not Opel (yet)

i would love to see some Holden OPC cars - but what would they call them? the HBD/HSV Astra?

Jass
14th April 2004, 05:57 AM
Correct me if iam wrong, but they OPC astras have the same engine specs as the normal SRI T's in the uk no? I thought the only diference are the wheels and interior motor wise, however there all pretty much the same???

Anonymous
14th April 2004, 01:21 PM
As Glennys :) mentioned, i wouldn't mind any OPC, but the Corsa OPC... mmmmmmmmm nice!
Anyone know what the OPC Corsa has under the bonnet?

Dee
14th April 2004, 01:27 PM
yeah, i know how you feel

i would LOVE to get my hands on an OPC Corsa - too bad they are just a concept at the moment.

you should look into importing a OPC Astra Wagon, it would be cool to have the only one in Australia - and you wouldn't even have to rebadge it :lol:

OMG i want that.. i love the kit on it.. totally different than the shit one i have :D

AND its already colour coded :D why dont holden just bring them out like that... they know the black plastic is gonna fade :P to HOLDEN

gimme, gimme, gimme

My04SRi
14th April 2004, 01:35 PM
the 04 models are color coded aswell...

Dee
14th April 2004, 01:39 PM
damn should have held off for 7 months then i could have ha a colour coded car :(

Anonymous
14th April 2004, 01:39 PM
HA YOU should know... hehehehe

dazza015
14th April 2004, 01:49 PM

Has 1.6lt Ecotec Turbo Engine about 133kw from Memory!

Dee
14th April 2004, 01:52 PM

:shock: thats a shitload better than 66kw

now i really want one

sparksy
14th April 2004, 02:07 PM
AND its already colour coded :D why dont holden just bring them out like that... they know the black plastic is gonna fade :P to HOLDEN

gimme, gimme, gimme

Remind me to look into my bucket of care care shit when I get home and tell you the stuff to use to stop the black fading.

DrDevil
14th April 2004, 02:16 PM
well, i have first dibs on any OPC Corsa they bring to Australia (even if it means robbing a bank)

the rest of you can get in line behind me :P

Dee
14th April 2004, 02:17 PM
look into urbucket of car care shit when u get home and tell me the stuff to use to stop the black fading.

can it turn back time too... it already has started to on the rear passenger side wheel :(

My04SRi
14th April 2004, 02:21 PM

i would have loved that engine way more power to play with then the 92kw i have.. and plus turbo charged??? MMmmmm turbo spooling up MMmmm

Anonymous
14th April 2004, 02:40 PM
The latest performance model from Opel, in the shape of the turbo
powered Corsa OPC concept, has its world premiere this week at the Essen
Motor Show.
It is under the bonnet where most of the interest lies with the new hot
hatch. An all new 1.6 litre ECOTEC turbo engine, developing in this form
129 kW (175 hp) and maximum torque of 210 Nm, provides enough power for
some serious performance from the OPC Corsa. The engine gives Corsa a
top speed of 225 km/h (140mph), and a sprint time from 0–60mph of 7.0
seconds (0-100 km/h: 7.9 sec).
No performance Corsa would be complete without the right styling
enhancements, and the Corsa OPC will not disappoint hot hatch fans with
its front and rear spoilers, colour-keyed wheel arches and side sills,
and striking 17-inch alloy wheels in classic OPC design.
The profile of the body looks stunning as it sits 25mm lower than on the
comfort models.
This attention to sporting detail is carried through inside. Driver and
front passenger travel comfortably and safely in sports ‘bucket’ seats
finished in blue Alcantara upholstery, belted in with blue matching
safety belts. The inside of the doors and selected sections of the
instrument panel come with a mesh-style cover, and the instrument panel,
adopted from the Corsa SRi, is finished in a matt chrome.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

DrDevil
14th April 2004, 02:55 PM
i have some more pics including interior and rear but they are too big for the size limit in the User Gallery section :(

sparksy
14th April 2004, 03:47 PM
look into urbucket of car care shit when u get home and tell me the stuff to use to stop the black fading.

can it turn back time too... it already has started to on the rear passenger side wheel :(

Its an "Armourall-ish" spray.

303 Aerospace Protectant. Try Autobarn to find it. Or there are some online places that stock it. I've been using it for years and its better than armourall by far. And you can use it on any piese of plastic or rubber.

Here is a cut and paste that has heaps of good info....

Black Trim

Black Trim
Most cars made during the 1980s and 1990s featured some black trim. Most black trim pieces are made of plastic, rubber, anodized aluminum or satin black painted metal.

All black trim should be regularly cleaned with car wash shampoo. If extra scrubbing power is required, use a toothbrush, paintbrush or a soft detailing brush. Do not use a stiff bristle brush on black trim, as it will scratch.

To keep black trim in good condition, it must be treated with a protectant several times a year. There are different treatments for different materials.

On smooth black plastic, you can use any vinyl and rubber dressing. For best long-term results, choose a vinyl and rubber dressing that contains ultraviolet (UV) protection to prevent sun fading. I use and recommend Einszett Tiefenpfleger or 303 Aerospace Protectant.

On textured black plastic, use a vinyl and rubber dressing. If your textured black plastic is starting to weather, use one of the restoration products available, such as Mothers Back-to-Black or Black Again Exterior Trim Restorer. These products are not permanent solutions for faded trim, but they last longer, make the trim darker, and add a little more gloss than most vinyl and rubber protectants.

If your textured black plastic is heavily weathered or faded, you can bring it back to life with a product like Forever Black, which is a dye system for black plastic and rubber trim. It's advertised as a permanent solution, but in my experience it will only last a couple of years if the vehicle remains in the sun. Also, don't think that Forever Black is a replacement for vinyl and rubber dressing. It's not. After Forever Black cures, you still need to keep the trim protected and looking good with vinyl and rubber dressing.

To maintain black anodized trim, use a noncleaning wax or sealant. Anodized aluminum must be treated with great care. The coating is very thin. Even the mildest abrasives (polish and cleaners) will quickly scuff or remove the coating. The sun is a problem, too, as exposure to UV rays will fade black anodized trim.

Painted black trim is often difficult to properly maintain. If you wax it, the original satin finish will begin to take on gloss. If you don't treat it, the trim will fade and become flat. The best solution I've found so far is to treat satin black trim (windshield wipers are a good example) with Einszett Tiefenpfleger or 303 Aerospace Protectant. Both of these products have a natural satin finish, wipe off to a greaseless finish, and won't soften the black paint. Simply use a foam or cloth applicator and thoroughly buff dry after applying.

Anonymous
14th April 2004, 04:47 PM
I heard of the Grape from Former Work mates at HSV, The Holden maybe Re-Releasing a Barina Turbo(Tried in 1998, only 5 Built and I kiled 2 of them :lol: )
So the OPC Corsa Drem might be a Reality.

DrDevil
14th April 2004, 04:49 PM
I heard of the Grape from Former Work mates at HSV, The Holden maybe Re-Releasing a Barina Turbo(Tried in 1998, only 5 Built and I kiled 2 of them :lol: )

oooh, there was talk about the Corsa C GSi being a 1.6L Turbo but it got cancelled for some reason or another.

these could be related :)

Anonymous
14th April 2004, 04:56 PM

oooh, there was talk about the Corsa C GSi being a 1.6L Turbo but it got cancelled for some reason or another.

these could be related :)

The HSV Turbo Barina were Corsa B with AfterMarket Turbo(1998)
The New One will either Be as ya Said a GSi or More than Likely a Re-Badged OPC.

DrDevil
14th April 2004, 07:51 PM
The HSV Turbo Barina were Corsa B with AfterMarket Turbo(1998)
The New One will either Be as ya Said a GSi or More than Likely a Re-Badged OPC.

but the OPC is just a concept and the GSi Turbo went down the drain :(

any more info, or just word of mouth atm?

Anonymous
14th April 2004, 08:24 PM
I'll keep ya Posted.
But It will be a Sure Thing, Even if they do another 5 That I'll probably get a Hand in Killing AGAIN :roll:

DrDevil
14th April 2004, 08:29 PM
I'll keep ya Posted.
thanks dude