PDA

View Full Version : ASTRA III Panoramic - HOT!

MK
16th January 2006, 11:02 PM
... and i mean hot, under Australian sun that is.
The production started in Belgium on 9th of January. The reviews, especially safety reviews\tests are very positive.
Just not sure if it will ever made its way to Australia, with the amount of sun glare we get here i think it would be immpossible to drive it.

oneightoo
16th January 2006, 11:04 PM
mate! that is bloody awesome!!!

i want one!!

MK
16th January 2006, 11:05 PM
i have more info. the glass is covered with Solar-Protect (light green colour) film which reduces glare and stops the inside from high temperatures...

CJB
16th January 2006, 11:25 PM
That car scares the crap out of me!

All the ... exposure!

oneightoo
16th January 2006, 11:27 PM
thats right crispy you couldnt drive nude anymore..

it would make it easier to take photo's out of, a good cruise car!!

CJB
16th January 2006, 11:28 PM
thats right crispy you couldnt drive nude anymore..

*puts clothes back on*

Hmm, something else to think about!! for all us fair skinned peeps that don't tan so well, do we want pink skin? and for everyone... SKIN CANCER! :D

EL BURITO
16th January 2006, 11:31 PM
That is so hot. Were are the sun visors though. I need my Vanarty mirror;)

oneightoo
16th January 2006, 11:32 PM
i think if you bought the car your prolly not one to really care about sun visors..

CJB
16th January 2006, 11:32 PM
I need my Vanarty mirror;)

I hear ya!!!! :D

It's just not the same driving if I can't stare at myself ;)

EL BURITO
16th January 2006, 11:36 PM
absolutly crispy

InSaNe^Sna1L
17th January 2006, 08:43 AM
hmm not too shabby, but definately plenty of negatives....

Considering Aus is right under the big ozone hole in the sky, it would be bad for the fair skinned out there.
No naked driving as has already been discussed.
It does seem as safe if the car rolls, unless the window is made of that plexi glass stuff which is like bullet proof. Which reminds me....does anyone know where that can be purchased?

FlySri
17th January 2006, 08:56 AM
I love it!!
Besides the heat/burn factor, I'd get one!! I think replaceing the windscreen because of a stone chip could be a problem. And the fact the roo's could be really fun to hit in it!!
( this is the devil post 666!! hehe)

juzza
17th January 2006, 09:09 AM
And they said it would never go into production being so far out.. tck tck, this is our beloved Opel we're talking about :D

Could this mean something like the TT36 Torana concept car being put into production with it's glassy roof? (bar the impossible to keep clean white interior)

Red AH SRI T
17th January 2006, 10:30 AM
man that is so H O T!!!

Who cares about getting burnt? Glass is naturally 99% UV reflective anyway.

And as for ur sun visor thingies, see the little rails on the side? a cover pulls over and your sun visors are attatched to that, and they probably have your little make up mirrors in them

CJB
17th January 2006, 10:55 AM
And as for ur sun visor thingies, see the little rails on the side? a cover pulls over and your sun visors are attatched to that, and they probably have your little make up mirrors in them
*Gets excited*

well I like the car!!!! :) Now....

EL BURITO
17th January 2006, 04:17 PM
man that is so H O T!!!

that solves the issue of not being able to admire my self while i drive

Bernard Siong
17th January 2006, 04:22 PM
it looks like a fun car to drive but i think its just a novelty and you'll get sick or annoyed with it
unless the rails on the side are for something like what sunroofs have where you can close it and close off the light...

InsaneAsylum
17th January 2006, 04:31 PM
ok, need a curtain.... guy in the second pic is driving a boat not an astra

DirtyHarry
17th January 2006, 04:39 PM
guys dont forget that you have a cover thing which will cover the roof right up to the windscreen mirror.

plus there is no way that car will ever make it to aus.

InsaneAsylum
17th January 2006, 04:50 PM
guys dont forget that you have a cover thing which will cover the roof right up to the windscreen mirror.

plus there is no way that car will ever make it to aus.

I've got this big mutha****a of an angle grinder that says it will :D
http://www.power-tool-world.co.uk/makita/images/9069.jpg

bill142
22nd January 2006, 01:46 PM
I imagine that it wouldnt be cheap or easy to replace should you get a chip or a crack in a windscreen as.

180HOA
22nd January 2006, 03:15 PM
It is cool, but you'd definitley be ticking the "include windscreen replacement cover" box on the insurance application...

WindeX
25th January 2006, 02:25 PM
man that is so H O T!!!

Yeah I spotted that too, would make a pretty damn nice car I reckon, driving around in the non summer months with full sun would be awesome, especialy on melb sunny spring days.

OlliesAstraSRi
29th January 2006, 04:00 PM
Oh my god, that thing is ******* beautiful!!!!!! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD I'm so in love!

AND HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE DRIVING WHEN IT'S PISSING DOWN WITH RAIN!

Oooooh or - seats reclined, making out, looking up at the stars! <3

oneightoo
29th January 2006, 06:12 PM
Oooooh or - seats reclined, making out, looking up at the stars! <3
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

was thinking the same thing..

MK
18th February 2006, 04:18 PM
hi, i have found new pictures for all of us to enjoy...
these are from the GTC Geneve edition of the 3dr Astra H Panoramic which is in production already, however many improvememnts from the GTC Geneve will make their way into updated Astras later in the year or maybe into next generation Astra AI (Series III\ Astra I)

I wont clutter the forum with too many pics, here you can find lots more (once again do not worry about the language, enjoy the photos);

http://www.autogaleria.mojeauto.pl/index.php?galeria_id=918

Marcin