PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this squeak

DirtyHarry
14th January 2006, 01:41 PM
Hey guys,

just wondering does anyone who has a TS Astra have like a, metal rubbing against metal, squeak near the front right tyre (drivers side) when you drive over certain small bumps on the road?

Cheers

DirtyHarry
14th January 2006, 01:42 PM
mine started happening couple of weeks ago and im buggered to find out what it is.
its not a massive squeak, but i have a obessive compulsive disorder and i need to sort it out :-P

and it doesnt happen on every bump on the road either.

sim0ng
14th January 2006, 04:51 PM
what wheels have you got and have you lowerd your car? could be the tyres rubbing against the arches!

DirtyHarry
14th January 2006, 05:49 PM
nah just the stock rims/tyres. the sound is more metalic, like for example two sheets of metal rubbing against each other.

NEMO
14th January 2006, 07:15 PM
yeah ive had that problem... stayed for a week or so then went away

InSaNe^Sna1L
15th January 2006, 12:33 AM
could be worn brakes

DirtyHarry
15th January 2006, 12:53 AM
yeah i was thinking about that...but the brakes are only like 7 months old...

typetnt
15th January 2006, 07:49 PM
That happened to my Astra and it was due to the wheel not being bolted in correctly by the Holden techs when I took it in for a tyre rotation.
3 were loose and the 4th was over tightened. How's that for professional work?

SXXXI
15th January 2006, 09:05 PM
I had the same thing but it turns out it was the aftermarket pod filter i had was rubbing on the bonnet. If your car is stock then it wouldn't be the same prob as me obviously

low astra
15th January 2006, 10:12 PM
might be the top bearing in the strut, i dont know if astra's have them but if it gets dry it might make a noise like that, or possibably a rubber bush that needs greasing

DirtyHarry
15th January 2006, 10:50 PM
well ive managed to find this out....when i drive over a bump with the brakes slighty pressed then it doesnt happen. so its something with the pads i guess or calipers.
i might actually try and tighten the wheel bolts to correct torque