PDA

View Full Version : Ah, crud. Friday 13th strikes.

Alfonzo
13th January 2006, 11:06 PM
sh!t bum bugger poop - arse, arse, arse. :(

I go to leave work tonight after Beer o'clock and find my car won't start. Flat battery it looks. Hoping that's all it is, it's still parked at work, lmao.

Going back tomrorow to get RACQ to take a squiz. (and hopefully just replace my battery. '02 model Vec, and I'm pretty sure it's the original battery, so about due I guess...)

Worthy of a rant?
a) Friday 13th
b) Been driving around various car yards this week looking for a new ride
c) This arvo on the way down to the park I was talking to another tech about the various cars that I checked out.

Huzzah, lol. Time for another beer.

Alfonzo
14th January 2006, 08:02 PM
Heh, $165 and a new battery later, and we're back on the road again.

Bloody freaky to happen on Friday the 13th, and unbelivably odd that it was running perfect in the morning on the way to work.

Sorry for a whole new thread, I wanted to have a rant.

-fin :)

EL BURITO
14th January 2006, 08:19 PM
having a rant is always good.

(maby Alfonzo just wanted to boost his post count humm)

astra03
16th January 2006, 06:35 PM
Alfonzo, you didnt do too bad out of your battery, my original one in my TS Astra didnt quite make 2 years. Very little warning, slight hesitation when I left work in the afternoon, stopped to get petrol, came out....nothing...dead as a maggot.

Rang roadside assistance (RACQ) he came and got it going to get me home. Lucky have Father in the motor trade, got a AC Delco battery for I think about $120 with trade discount. The Astra (as well as other Opels I guess) seem to use a high amp battery hence the dearer product!!

Friday the 13th.... bugger hey!

PaulyJ
16th January 2006, 08:04 PM
yeah opel batteries are expensive
mine was $135
any other fri 13th problems from anyone?

chuckiebrowne
17th January 2006, 08:08 AM
mum and dad dropped my new car off to me at work last friday ... had to swap the personalised plates from my old car that they were taking to nrma to get written off officially that afternoon and the new plates to the rta to get everything swapped over properly.

went to rosebery rta (mum has an ooooold street directory) to find that it's been closed for apparently years, went to marrickville rta to find they'd had a power failure and were closed, ended up having to run into the city to the rta!