PDA

View Full Version : FIRST PICS!Peugeot 206 replacement, the Peugeot 207

Red AH SRI T
12th January 2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/spyshot-photos-207-images-officielles-21054-0.html

Thoughts?

blackSRi
12th January 2006, 06:21 PM
Looks like an Astra H from the top rear - looking fwd? interesting air intake/front grill - the bumper is still there - just coloured black to blend in with the grill.

InSaNe^Sna1L
12th January 2006, 06:59 PM
*sigh* i miss my 206......

they have ruined a perfectly good car....mind you....CIty Auto group ruined a perfectly good customer....ME!....when they sold me a lemon 206. Although it has its problems, the 206 was an awesome car to drive. Nice looking interior and ex, and the Gti was a spiffy car. The 206 180 is heaps better again.

Red AH SRI T
12th January 2006, 07:25 PM
lets hope they have fixed the disastourous driving position of the 206

anicorsa
12th January 2006, 08:03 PM
This looks like a possible next car for me...

Im liking it alot. Although the front grill looks strange and weird, In black it looks better.

NUTTTR
12th January 2006, 10:50 PM
the 206 are a pretty lemony car IMHO! Everyone i know who has one it goes into service 3-4 times a year at least because of random electrical problems!

ultim8DTM5
12th January 2006, 11:01 PM
My friend has a lemon 206CC and is pondering litigation.

BTW I like it.

Wraith
12th January 2006, 11:09 PM
That's not a bad looking update IMO cosmetically speaking ie:
Did'nt know they had issues with the electrics........

Much better than the 307 update - now that's one model they've ruined.

I liked the 307, but the new one coming = yuk...........

imay
13th January 2006, 07:17 AM
I like the room inside. Heaps of space for everyone in a small-mid size car!

I don't like the "smiley" face corporate grille. A bit over the top, I reckon.
. . . and what's with the current trend of manufacturers trying to outdo each other in the "I've got the biggest badge" game.
Front end definitely spoils an otherwise nice looking package.

Reliability reputation, which has been mentioned, is also an issue (I believe).

InSaNe^Sna1L
13th January 2006, 08:03 AM
My friend has a lemon 206CC and is pondering litigation.

BTW I like it.

Good luck to your friend but there is nothing you can do. THe car companies can always find a way around it. I tried....believe me I tried, and the best I got was a free service.

And also my issue was electrical too. Took em about 10 times to get it right. By the end I thought "bugger it" and sold the car. Got myself a VW Golf MK4. Was an awesome car except the 1.6 lacked the power in such a solid car. Apart from that no complaints.

woody
13th January 2006, 09:26 AM
Still not a FAN of the big mouth and the profile view of the front quarter looks shocking !!

SSS_Hoon
13th January 2006, 02:46 PM
sorry i don't like it at all, but then again i never have really like the pug's that much anyway.

SSS_Hoon

bill142
22nd January 2006, 02:06 PM
Good luck to your friend but there is nothing you can do. THe car companies can always find a way around it. I tried....believe me I tried, and the best I got was a free service.

Its rather disappointing that we do not have any laws in this country to protect consumers if they buy a car which turns out to be a lemon.

NUTTTR
22nd January 2006, 11:16 PM
Its rather disappointing that we do not have any laws in this country to protect consumers if they buy a car which turns out to be a lemon.

I agree we should have some form of laws like that, but "lemon" laws usually protect the consumer overly well... They get refunds, etc.... We should have lemon laws that limit to the manufacturer replacing the vehicle with an identical version IMHO... America is full of whingers who get what they want from companies (car ones included) and companies can go under because of a few people with complaints and whinging! IMHO that is NOT australia :)

ultim8DTM5
23rd January 2006, 09:43 PM

And also my issue was electrical too. Took em about 10 times to get it right. By the end I thought "bugger it" and sold the car. Got myself a VW Golf MK4. Was an awesome car except the 1.6 lacked the power in such a solid car. Apart from that no complaints.

Well considering the engine mounts failed within the first few months, not to mention the venier roof, who knows where it will end up.

Poogene2001
23rd January 2006, 10:23 PM
Hmmm.... Ugly.
Perhaps i'd think differently with my eyes poked out, or with a Peugot salesman holding a gun to my head.

Degen-Astra
24th January 2006, 09:59 PM
Being a fan of the current shape 206. (Nearly bought the 206 180 GTi instead of the SRi, the 206 was 2nd on my list, but my height was a disadvantage)
All I can say about the front of the new generation of Pug's is BLERGH!!! What a horrible amount of headlight that covers in excess of half of the top of the front 1/4 panels. How much headlight do you need on such a small car??!?! Its like they have thought..."How can we make this car LOOK faster?...ah huh!! stretch the headlights to distort ones perception of time and space."
The profile and rear of the car is very nice, excluded the headlights being visible on the profile. Very similar characteristics to the 206 in shape from those 2 views.

Although I would like to see the specs on the new motors that I beleived are now developed with the help of BMW. Not that I am a big fan of BMW 4cyls though...anyone remember the 1 Series BMW....yes they still sell it.

Oh...I beleive there is also an option of a fragrance diffuser, with scents supplied by a number of French perfume suppliers.

OHNO
24th January 2006, 10:07 PM
Hate it looks like sh1t.

typetnt
26th January 2006, 10:47 AM
I think it looks waaaaay too happy with that grin on the front.
I don't mind it but when some people want a grunty looking car, having a smile like that doesn't help at all! :D

I wonder if someone can design a body kit for it so it looks insane in a happy way.

Red AH SRI T
26th January 2006, 06:11 PM
I think it looks waaaaay too happy with that grin on the front.
I don't mind it but when some people want a grunty looking car, having a smile like that doesn't help at all! :D

I wonder if someone can design a body kit for it so it looks insane in a happy way.

maybe just put some acid trips in the fuel tank