PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tabs

lowey22
11th January 2006, 09:48 PM
Has anyone else tried this product? it is meant to be inplace of the bottles of octane booster you get. They are condensed octane booster (and other stuff i think) in tablet form. They are about $7 for 2 tablets. a tablet treats 60 litres or one tank.

I have used them in each tank of petrol for the last few tanks and have noticed a difference, smoother mainly, more steady i guess. have also been wondering if anyone uses octane boosters and if so which one(s)?

oneightoo
11th January 2006, 09:51 PM
i used an octane booster in my VN once, noticed a small differnce, it was a 5L tho

lowey22
11th January 2006, 09:55 PM
hmmm. i used to get the bottles every now and then but it was too expensive. thats why the tablets are good. still dont know if it's worth it :p

SSS_Hoon
12th January 2006, 04:30 PM
how do you get them in the tank?

SSS_Hoon

Mr T
12th January 2006, 04:37 PM
how do you get them in the tank?

SSS_Hoon

I'd say through the filler flap...!!!

haha no i know what you mean, would be hard.

These sound like a good idea, keep them in the glove box instead of the emergency bottle banging around in the boot...!!!

lowey22
12th January 2006, 04:49 PM
I'd say through the filler flap...!!!

haha no i know what you mean, would be hard.

These sound like a good idea, keep them in the glove box instead of the emergency bottle banging around in the boot...!!!

yeah, you just push the flap and it falls through. at first i wasnt sure what to do.

SSS_Hoon
12th January 2006, 04:55 PM
so how big are these things?

SSS_Hoon

lowey22
12th January 2006, 05:00 PM
so how big are these things?

SSS_Hoon

check out http://www.dynotab.com/autos.htm

they are about 1.5cm by 1cm by 4mm thick

SSS_Hoon
12th January 2006, 05:19 PM
mm see how they would fit in the tank now.

might get some and try them out.

where do you get them from?

SSS_Hoon

woody
12th January 2006, 05:24 PM
i used to use the Nulon Pro Octane booter but i've stopped since i started asaving for a house..

lowey22
12th January 2006, 05:27 PM
AutoBarn up here (Townsville) has them and so does Cheapa Auto Spares (but they cost $9 there).

Woody - thats what stopped me buying the bottles as well, trying to save money, I used to get Nulon as well.

Mr T
12th January 2006, 07:09 PM
How many do you get for 9 bucks....

lowey22
12th January 2006, 07:40 PM
How many do you get for 9 bucks....

2. same as when they are $7. i havent seen bigger packs anywhere.

If anyone trys them let me know what you think.

Mr T
13th January 2006, 08:59 AM
hhhmmm...So if I payed 9 bucks I paid too much ha...!!!

so, $3.50 each...thats fair value.

Any idea on how much it increases the Octane rating...???

woody
13th January 2006, 09:16 AM
All questions are answered here.. http://www.dynotab.com/faq.htm

Quote:

"The typical octane improvement is in the range of 1 to 3 numbers, but this of course depends on the fuel used."

InsaneAsylum
13th January 2006, 09:23 AM
smells like glorified napthalene to me!!

lowey22
13th January 2006, 10:38 AM
yeah the website talks about in approx increase, but those things don't seem to be accurate in the difference they are meant to make. these seem to work, but I could be wrong, someone else's opinion would help i think.

SSS_Hoon
13th January 2006, 02:43 PM
i looked in 3 servos today couldnt find them anywhere.

will look out for them though might buy sopme and see how it goes.(or i could just nick a drum of that stuff my dad got at his work with ELF 102 written on it.)

SSS_Hoon

Mr T
16th January 2006, 09:47 AM
I'm a bit skeptical of this one now actually...

They say between 1 and 3 octane numbers depending of fuel....I need more info than they are prepared to give.

My car has to run 98, if I keep an emergency Tab and can only get 95 somewhere will this stuff give me 96 or 98 in total...I cant take that risk.

If I have to drop 3 tabs to be sure, its not very good value then ay...!!!

lowey22
16th January 2006, 10:11 AM
I'm a bit skeptical of this one now actually...

They say between 1 and 3 octane numbers depending of fuel....I need more info than they are prepared to give.

My car has to run 98, if I keep an emergency Tab and can only get 95 somewhere will this stuff give me 96 or 98 in total...I cant take that risk.

If I have to drop 3 tabs to be sure, its not very good value then ay...!!!

yeah, it doesn't really give you much to go by. I have to use 98 as well, i usually put 98 in and one of these, just to make it run a bit better and smoother. might be better sticking to the bottle if you are using it as an emergency thing.