PDA

View Full Version : hi guys

rusole21
11th January 2006, 05:21 PM
im russ in perth and i own a black 2003 astra turbo with cat back 2.5 inch exaust and k&n pod fillter.
took it to kick ass wed night drags at kwinana and ran et of 14.7. before mods. wat can i do to go quicker for a few grand. comon opels:)

oneightoo
11th January 2006, 05:24 PM
hey rus, welcome to the site..

could always get yourself a powerchip/unichip, get a dyno tune etc etc..

check out the turbo mods area, there maybe some useful info there for you :)

mr_sikma
11th January 2006, 11:07 PM
hey mate

sounds good

theres another astra t owner on here (mr t) running low 14s!!!

PaulyJ
11th January 2006, 11:10 PM
Russ, welcome to the site.
Hope you enjoy your stay, and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for on the forums.

Take Care,
Paul

btm
12th January 2006, 07:24 AM
welcome to opelaus russ - enjoy!

Mr T
12th January 2006, 08:22 AM
Welcome dude...enjoy

rusole21
12th January 2006, 12:34 PM
cheers for the welcome.
has anyone that owns a sri t done the powerchip or unichip? and wat dif do you think it made? can get them for about a grand. i had mine on a few dino's and they say it runs rich and the boost drops away after 2000rpm buit rises again abit at about 4500rpm. will the chips hold boost on for longer? and do they also lean them out much? sorry for all the questions but noone knows how to do much to them
russ

Mr T
12th January 2006, 12:44 PM
cheers for the welcome.
has anyone that owns a sri t done the powerchip or unichip? and wat dif do you think it made? can get them for about a grand. i had mine on a few dino's and they say it runs rich and the boost drops away after 2000rpm buit rises again abit at about 4500rpm. will the chips hold boost on for longer? and do they also lean them out much? sorry for all the questions but noone knows how to do much to them
russ

Yeah champ plenty have, have a brouse around the Turbo section, there is plenty of literature on the subject.

I personally started out with an Electronic Boost Controller (EBC) but it made the car run richer, so I got a custom dyno tune...and I'm very happy indeed...

rusole21
12th January 2006, 03:07 PM
where is the turbo section. cant find it.

btm
12th January 2006, 03:16 PM
http://opelaus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=16

Mr T
12th January 2006, 03:21 PM

Try this >>> http://opelaus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16

When you are in the forum index you can scroll down to "Technical Area" and you will see "Turbo". Also there is a new sub section inside the Turbo section called "Turbo Mods Area".

To get to the Forum index click on "OpelAus" just under the "New South Wales Forum" link which is under the banner...

Mrhopey
12th January 2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Russ,
Welcome, i won a turbo and have just had a Powerchip Gold installed and but would recommend getting it done. If i did it again i would look at something that can be reprogrammed eg UniChip.

Once you start doing a few mods you see the beast is quiet responsive.

Hopey

R3N
13th January 2006, 02:28 AM
hey russ, welcome to the site... only a few perth members on here...

stick around, plenty of useful info and possibly a cruise even!

rusole21
19th January 2006, 02:49 PM
so most ppl would recomend a unichip over a powerchip?:confused: have you guys seen qsl's chip upgrade? im just getting my 30000 k service done and i noticed ive got couple of oil leaks. anyone else ever had that? oh and also the stickers on the outside of the doors keeps bubling and peeling. seconed time iv gotten it fixed.:mad:

rusole21
19th January 2006, 02:53 PM
sorry its qsz. pretty good stuff.:D