PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber bonnets

slyopel
10th January 2006, 09:50 AM
i was wondering if they made carbon fiber bonnets for the astra g's?? if so where can they be found??

imay
10th January 2006, 09:56 AM
Ask the guys on astra-sport.co.uk, they may be able to help out. They have the carbon bonnets in UK, but I doubt if anyone here would be making them.

Good luck.

Dee
10th January 2006, 09:56 AM
from what i can understand they are illegal because they are not structurally stable like the genuine bonnet is. you might have to check it out with Vic Roads, or look into a fake carbon fibre bonnet

oneightoo
10th January 2006, 12:53 PM
the bonnet forms a part of the crumple zone.. absorbing some impact.. a carbon fibre bonnet will either just snap or fly off..

Degen-Astra
10th January 2006, 01:39 PM
http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3697&highlight=Carbon+Bonnet

Or try...
http://www.europeanautotech.com.au/

Gary
10th January 2006, 09:17 PM
i was wondering if they made carbon fiber bonnets for the astra g's?? if so where can they be found??

They also have Astra G carbon fibre bonnets here -

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/vauxhall_astra_g_carbon_bonnets.html

mr_sikma
10th January 2006, 09:22 PM
do you want it for looks or because they are lighter?

a fibreglasser told me that they can spray over your standard bonnet with carbon fibre, so it looks the sh*t!!!

oneightoo
10th January 2006, 09:26 PM
do you want it for looks or because they are lighter?

a fibreglasser told me that they can spray over your standard bonnet with carbon fibre, so it looks the sh*t!!!
that would be good, but it's gotta be on the right car..

mr_sikma
10th January 2006, 09:48 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind it on my black car.

maybe get some vents like wrx or even a scoop?

Bernard Siong
11th January 2006, 12:12 AM
carbon fibre bonnets only look good on white jdm cars

EL BURITO
11th January 2006, 12:43 AM
yeah i wouldnt mind it on my black car.

maybe get some vents like wrx or even a scoop?

yea it would look good but dont get the one from the WRX. Wat about the new manaro one that might look good

BA55UP
11th January 2006, 07:23 AM
i think they can look good on any car, as long as it is actually a modified supped up one :)

a CF bonnet on my grannies excel wouldnt really have the same effect as if it were on a R34 skyline GTR hehehe

mr_sikma
11th January 2006, 11:36 AM
yeah the carbon look is awesome, i am also a fan of the black bonnet!

yeah theres plenty of vents that look good. the ea falcon ones arent bad also!

Dee
11th January 2006, 11:38 AM

i have a black bonnet... sort of blends in with the rest of the black paint on the car :D

btm
11th January 2006, 11:52 AM
a CF bonnet on my grannies excel wouldnt really have the same effect as if it were on a R34 skyline GTR hehehe
you're right there... a CF bonnet on your grans excel would have more effect than on a skyline...:D

Degen-Astra
11th January 2006, 02:05 PM

If one was to put vents on their Astra, the Pug 206 GTi vents I think are the most subtle and would serve a purpose also if positioned correctly on an Astra or Barina bonnet.

BA55UP
11th January 2006, 07:58 PM
you're right there... a CF bonnet on your grans excel would have more effect than on a skyline...:D

hahaha got rice biatch?! :P

slyopel
12th January 2006, 08:08 PM
next question is do you think it will suit my car. the webpage to look at the car is http://slyopel.opelaus.com I haven't had it done yet

r0b3y
12th January 2006, 08:22 PM
yes it would look sweet!!! carbon fiber bonnets always suit white cars better then others i think..

r0b3y

lowey22
12th January 2006, 08:40 PM
i dont usually like black or CF bonnets, but they really suit some cars. i reckon it would look great on yours. r u going to colour code the door handles and side strips?

oneightoo
12th January 2006, 09:09 PM
they look good on dark red cars..

slyopel
13th January 2006, 05:40 AM
i thought about it i was gonna do them chrome instead but if some one hits the car with there door or abandon shopping trolley which is what most people in vic do. then theres no point doing them. besides the black strips split the car the mirrors are all colour coded but not the rest.

stevedee3
13th January 2006, 08:32 AM
i have a black bonnet... sort of blends in with the rest of the black paint on the car :DYes, I have a blue (aluminium) bonnet... also blends in with the rest of the (blue) car quite nicely...