PDA

View Full Version : Car Bra: Ordered for SRiT

Turblue
9th January 2006, 08:07 PM
Hey all...

I ordered a carbra today for my SRiT. I had to go for a "fitting" as mine is the first SRiT in OZ to be done by Carbra. They spent about an hour making a template to work from. Great service.!!

It gets delivered to me later this week for just over $370. I'll post picks when I get it.

EL BURITO
9th January 2006, 08:15 PM
i know this is probly a stupid question but wat dose a carbra acctual do?
Give your front end extra support:confused:

Alfonzo
9th January 2006, 08:20 PM
Lifts and supports, I've heard.

They protect the front end from stone chips, bug splatters, etc... primarily.

Shaun
9th January 2006, 08:22 PM
Actually covers the front in a canvas to keep protect the front of your car from stong chip and bugs.

EL BURITO
9th January 2006, 08:25 PM
a monaro that parks at work has a yellow one i hever new what it was actualy there for.

Turblue
9th January 2006, 08:27 PM
I was quite surprised actually....

They can now customise it too. Color match, and all sorts of fancy stuff. I went for the standard bra. No "lace".....

I like the fact that the lights are covered by clear plastics, and the grilles are covered by a mesh. So no part of the frontend gets chipped. Well made.

Red AH SRI T
10th January 2006, 07:55 PM
do they make a wonderbra for cars?

mr_sikma
10th January 2006, 09:51 PM
so an astra hay... atleast a c-cup ;)

Turblue
10th January 2006, 09:58 PM
Hmm....

My Astra SRiT ??? "D" cup....!!!

Back on track.. I will post picks when it arrives. I'll be glad not to get chips and stuff from about 3,000km of country driving over the next month.

low astra
10th January 2006, 10:35 PM
can u give us contact details for the supplier of the bra, im about to start driving up past rockhamptom every few weeks so on those roads ill need every bit of protection i can get

EL BURITO
10th January 2006, 11:32 PM
wounder wat a carbra would look like on my corsa :rolleyes:

Wat u recon Sikma an A or a B

pred8r
11th January 2006, 08:30 AM
they used to put wear marks in the paint (RS2000, 2pak monza red, after about 3000kms had multiple 1" wearpoints, GENUINE carbra unit), unless they have fixed this, IMO a chip(not thousands) looks nicer than a wear/rub line.

eg, oh a chip? oh well as opposed to Ooooh whats this funny mark in the paint.

I seriously hope theyve fixed the rub issues though because they do look good.

Turblue
11th January 2006, 10:43 AM
The link is:

http://www.carbra.com.au

They are in Melbourne, northern suburbs. So far the service has been great. Let's hope the carbra fits well as it is the first SRiT they have done.

Regarding maintainence. I was advised that you need to remove the unit weekly, and clean the paintwork and carbra. It is most important that you keep the underside clean and free from dirt.

dirt = sandpaper....

nadg63
11th January 2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, definately watch out for 'scuffing' with one of these fitted. A few guys in the WRX Club had them fitted to prevent stone chips etc. and most of them suffered scuffed paint into the bargain!

Personally I wouldn't risk one!

Turblue
12th January 2006, 10:02 AM
Well, it turned up exactly as I was told it would. And I have to say, CarBra did a good job designing it. It covers the whole front end. The lights are pretected by clear plastic, and there is a fine mesh covering the grilles.

I have to get used to it. I have never seen my car like this. It will protect it nicely against chips on long trips.

http://fileshare.turblue.com/carbra/bra-1.jpg

http://fileshare.turblue.com/carbra/bra-2.jpg

http://fileshare.turblue.com/carbra/bra-3.jpg

btm
12th January 2006, 10:05 AM
actually looks quite good - the black on the arden blue looks sweet

Mr T
12th January 2006, 10:08 AM
Thats nice man...so $375 ah...

**scratches his head furiously**

Turblue
12th January 2006, 10:14 AM
Astra SRi Turbo Carbra in standard black = $320
Metro Delivery = $ 10
GST (Thanks Mr Howard) = $ 33

Total cost = $363

Good thing is they now have a template for the turbo version, so all the pepole that enquired can now get one.

btm
12th January 2006, 10:26 AM
The lights are pretected by clear plastic, and there is a fine mesh covering the grilles.
could this 'fine mesh' restrict the airflow enough to possibly over heat the engine ??

Turblue
12th January 2006, 10:33 AM
The mesh is basically what you would find a "flywire" meshing for doors.

I can't see that being too bad. I't pretty open weave.

Footnote:
I've just been for a long drive, and there was no change in temps.

imay
12th January 2006, 05:20 PM
Good investment Wayne. I'm seriously thinking about getting one for the convertible . . . too late for the hatch, it's already covered in chips!

low astra
12th January 2006, 11:10 PM
mmmmm leather bra's rather kinky wayne

Rhino
13th January 2006, 12:24 AM
Arghhhhhhhhh

Wayne what have you done?

Sorry dude that thing is ugly.

Turblue
13th January 2006, 07:51 AM
Arghhhhhhhhh

:) Yeah, it's different. Still getting used to it.

I have about 3,000km of highway driving to do over the next month. It's better than a stone chipped frontend. It's not a permanent addition. Just for these sort of trips.

caspers turbo
15th January 2006, 10:59 PM
i dont like the look of it, but very pratical for longer journeys but i'd take it off as soon as i got home

Nem
16th January 2006, 03:17 PM
Arghhhhhhhhh
Yeah I second that mate. Bad move me thinks. Especially the fitting straps. Dont they make a strapless bra? :p

Nem
9th March 2006, 12:14 PM
One going on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Car-Bra-for-Holden-Astra-CD-Model-vehicle-Black_W0QQitemZ4619251153QQcategoryZ29695QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem)no bids for $80 at the moment.

btm
9th March 2006, 12:26 PM
the fitting looks really sh!t though... its like having a 'C' cup when you're really a 'B' :p

At least waynes looks like a 'D' cup filled to the brim :D

blueraven
9th March 2006, 03:15 PM
noice..kinky...

didnt know you were into that sort of thing mate ;)... i bet you get all kinds of PM's now :D

rusole21
9th March 2006, 03:35 PM
hey blue raven. you got your astra yet? i sold mine yesterday. got a forester gt

Turblue
9th March 2006, 04:39 PM
I gotta say, after having done well over 3,000km country driving in the last couple of months, the carbra copped a heap if road crap. I'm glad I got it. It might not look the greatest, but it has saved my car from a lot of stones and bugs.

It was always very dirty when I cleaned it after each trip. And the front was as clean as when I fitted it. I made it a habit to vaccuum the inside of the carbra plus cleaning and polishing the frontend before fitting.

For $360, it's a good investment.