PDA

View Full Version : Total Closure Unit Survey, 3 questions please

Clint
6th January 2006, 02:03 PM
hi everyone, im getting some information together, could everyone who has either bought one of my total closure units, made their own based on my design or got someone else to make it for them based on my design please answer the following questions:

1) What is the model and year of the car(s) you installed it in?

2) Approximately how long did it take to install?

3) How easy was it to install? 1- quote woody- a buttered monkey could do it!
2- very easy - no previous experience/knowledge required at all
3- easy - a small bit of experience/knowledge would help
4-moderate
5-hard

thanks very much for your help everyone, i greatly appreciate it!

1OPL2C
6th January 2006, 03:18 PM
1) 2004 astra g CD
2) took about 5 mins to take my panel off, was being very careful, couple of mintues to splice and solder the wires n get it taped up.. all up about 20mins..

3) it was easy, just the panel was abit hard to get off and on without breaking anything.

woody
6th January 2006, 03:34 PM

2003 Astra SRi 2.2

45 Mins (hardest and most time consuming part was removing the kick panel, but that in itself was easy!)

3) How easy was it to install?

1 - quote woody- a buttered monkey could do it!
2 - very easy - no previous experience/knowledge required at all
3 - easy - a small bit of experience/knowledge would help
4 - moderate
5 - hard

I'm sticking to my original quote and I'm currently training my monkey to:

1 - Cover itself in butter
2 - Install TC Kits

pred8r
6th January 2006, 10:29 PM
hi everyone, im getting some information together, could everyone who has either bought one of my total closure units, made their own based on my design or got someone else to make it for them based on my design please answer the following questions:
Own built (twice), your design

'03 Barina (Corsa C)

Install 1hr (Inside doortrim), i was in no hurry.
Spent a day on it couldnt get it working, built another kit, and another day same problems (Car logged LOTS of fault from the install though) - Gave up until further developements (Someone else does one :P).

4-moderate
5-hard
3 - easy, some knowledge required and a special tool for the doorbutton.

No probs, Its a great kit and id love to have mine working, oh well :)

mr_sikma
7th January 2006, 01:19 PM
^^^ doesnt sound good :(

i havent tried yet!

btm
9th January 2006, 04:00 PM

4-moderate
5-hard

1) 2003 Astra SRi

2) About 40 mins (really struggled to get kick panel off)

3) 2 - 3 is my answer here. I found it pretty easy to do (just took my time) but a bit of experience would have made me feel more comfotable with what i was actually doing.

Thanks again for the part Clint

Oh, and woody too for the install instructions :)

Red AH SRI T
9th January 2006, 04:41 PM
excuse my stupidness, but what is a total closure unit?! :eek:

btm
9th January 2006, 05:01 PM
excuse my stupidness, but what is a total closure unit?! :eek:
your stupidness is excused :D

your H already has it, but us G owners dont.

when you lock, and then dead lock your doors through the key remote - anyone with all power windows it makes them go up all on their own :)

Red AH SRI T
9th January 2006, 05:05 PM
ahh i love that feature!

its one of the reasons i bought the astra :p

but seriously, it is a fantastic feature, i use it all the time!

thanks!

Clint
9th January 2006, 06:40 PM
thanks everyone for your answers! anyone else who hasnt yet please do so :)

caspers turbo
10th January 2006, 08:42 AM
2003 Astra SRiT

1 hr to complete job ( with smoko of course )

Pretty easy to do following clints instuctions, lots of swearing trying to get damn kick panel off, but what a great end result, best mod done to my baby so far.

MiksOpel
10th January 2006, 03:08 PM
1) 01 Astra SRi
2) 1:30 time to complete, soldering and taped.
3) 2, quite easy.

InsaneAsylum
10th January 2006, 03:19 PM
my vectra already came with a total closure unit. it looks like this:
http://www.fasteronline.co.uk/images/rximg087.jpg

lucy
10th January 2006, 06:12 PM
just wanted to know if that fit's the 05 SRi barina's, because I wouldn't mind putting that in my car, I always take the key out befor I wind up the window's. I'am so used to my boyfriends car,(95 statesman Caprice) & it does that... how hard are they to install??? ( obviously I wouldn't install it, but my partener could do that )

Lucy

Clint
10th January 2006, 08:09 PM
based on what everyone else said average 30 mins install, and everyone said the same as what i think, that hardest part is getting the kick panel off!! other than that its easy.

now it will work on a 05 barina, any barina infact, but i dont know the colours of the wires yet. so far ive installed in a vectra and calibra, auzvectra was first to install in an astra, and soon he will be installing in a barina. once he does that, you will be able to easily install it... if your lucky enough to come across a buttered monkey like woodys im told they can install it for you, its that simple!

hopefully i will have the colours of the wires to use shortly

WindeX
11th January 2006, 09:19 AM
Does it also wind them up if deadlocking from the remote?

Nem
11th January 2006, 09:29 AM
Whats the survey for?
"9 out of 10 buttered monkeys agree..."

Clint
11th January 2006, 11:48 PM
Whats the survey for?
"9 out of 10 buttered monkeys agree..."

hahaha a good laugh

Does it also wind them up if deadlocking from the remote?

yes it does, when you deadlock the car, push the button on the remote 2 times to deadlock, the windows automatically go all the way up. so instead of winding up the windows before leaving the car, or holding the key in the lock, just deadlock the car and walk away watching the windows go up

caspers turbo
12th January 2006, 02:01 PM
Now all i want is a total open device, so i could wind down the windows b4 i get in the car great 4 hot days i reakon, only problem is i want to wind down windows without unlocking car, what do ya reakon Clint can it be done??

Clint
13th January 2006, 01:19 AM
ive been thinking that for a long time for the exact reason. i was planning on doing it at christmas but didnt get any time for it, and now that im back at work im not sure ill get time to do it for a while.

i was planning on setting it up so to activate the windows down you would unlock the car, lock it and unlock it again, on the second unlock the windows would go down.

btm
13th January 2006, 08:19 AM
i was planning on setting it up so to activate the windows down you would unlock the car, lock it and unlock it again, on the second unlock the windows would go down.
that would be fantastic!

caspers turbo
13th January 2006, 10:41 AM
That would be very cool Clint,, hehe cool get it??

pred8r
13th January 2006, 10:16 PM
ive been thinking that for a long time for the exact reason. i was planning on doing it at christmas but didnt get any time for it, and now that im back at work im not sure ill get time to do it for a while.

For Barinas(Dont know about others);

You could set it to trigger from the passenger door on the second remote unlock press. (the one that opens all the rest of the doors/fuelcap, first press does drivers only. This can be made 1 press with a tech2 fiddle though, so you'd need another way to trigger it if youve done this)

Downside scenario; you and friend running to car in torrential rain storm, you hit unlock twice to unlock passenger doors to let them in, all windows wind down. (and sunroof opens, if you connected it too)

Clint
14th January 2006, 09:25 AM
the vectra doesnt have the 2nd press unlock button like the barina, everything unocks with one push. i think the astra is the same as the vectra.

pred8r
14th January 2006, 07:58 PM
the vectra doesnt have the 2nd press unlock button like the barina, everything unocks with one push. i think the astra is the same as the vectra.

They may be able to activate it, they changed mine so it was a one press all unlock. Done with a tech 2 under one of the 'other' menus, they had to enter a code to access this particular menu FWIR.
The 'basic' menu only had the ability to turn the flash highbeams after removing key, they stay on for 30sec after car is locked, 'Mind me home' 'guide me home' 'take me home', called something like that.

dug74
14th January 2006, 08:31 PM
They may be able to activate it, they changed mine so it was a one press all unlock. Done with a tech 2 under one of the 'other' menus, they had to enter a code to access this particular menu FWIR.
The 'basic' menu only had the ability to turn the flash highbeams after removing key, they stay on for 30sec after car is locked, 'Mind me home' 'guide me home' 'take me home', called something like that.

**Follow-me-home** lights..

:D:D:D

Cheers
DUG74