PDA

View Full Version : VXR confirmed.

Shaun
5th January 2006, 10:46 PM
As i said before i would e-mail HSV with regards to the VXR being realised in Australia. After a few weeks of waiting for a response from HSV i opened my e-mail tonight to find they have finally responded with the following reply.

Hi,
I have just finished reading an article in the latest Motor Magazine that has a release date for the HSV VXR as Sept 2006.Im writing to see if this is correct or if its an estimated date of release. Im just wondering when HSV will be making an offical Announcement about the feedback from the Sydney International Motorshow about the VXR. I am a representive of Opelaus.com a forum for Opel products sold in Australia through Holden . The response to the VXR on the forum has been rather strong. I currently drive a Holden Astra SRi Turbo but looking to up grade. The VXR is high on the list as a replacement. Im hearing conflicting reports about the VXR on its Release to the Australian Market .

Kind Regards
Shaun

Answer:
Dear Shaun

Thank you for your email.

At present we do not have an exact date of release for the VXR, however it is due in the third quarter of this year.

In closing, please stay tuned to our website as all information will be released on there once available.

Yours sincerely

HSV

aussie_in_london
5th January 2006, 10:56 PM
great news for you guys
having now owned one all
i can say is you wont be disippointed

Poogene2001
5th January 2006, 10:57 PM
I'm amazed the reply didnt mention that you mis-spelled "release" as "realise" numerous times. I think it's time people started to make the most of spelling checkers! Can't go representing the educated members of the forum as low brow poor spellers now, can we?
P.S Can't wait for the realise (sic) of the VXR either. :p

Shaun
5th January 2006, 11:16 PM
I'm amazed the reply didnt mention that you mis-spelled "release" as "realise" numerous times. I think it's time people started to make the most of spelling checkers! Can't go representing the educated members of the forum as low brow poor spellers now, can we?

For a start i suggest you keep your comment to yourself. As i am the only person here at this stage that has done any homework on the car in regards to a RELEASE date from HSV. I have followed this car since April this year in the UK and HSV movements with the project.

Educated Members of the forum may make mistake from time to time too. I sent the e-mail at 3am in the morning and i may have mis-spelt a word twice . Big deal Spelling Police Send me a fine in the mail.

Please keep it on topic with regards to the RELEASE of the HSV VXR .

R3N
5th January 2006, 11:51 PM
For a start i suggest you keep your comment to yourself. As i am the only person here at this stage that has done any homework on the car in regards to a RELEASE date from HSV. I have followed this car since April this year in the UK and HSV movements with the project.

Educated Members of the forum may make mistake from time to time too. I sent the e-mail at 3am in the morning and i may have mis-spelt a word twice . Big deal Spelling Police Send me a fine in the mail.

Please keep it on topic with regards to the RELEASE of the HSV VXR .

If he hadn't have pointed out your mistakes, you might not have realised it. I'm sure it wasn't a attack directed at you and that he was merely trying to be helpful. There is no need to get so defensive, no one is knocking your effort on finding out release dates etc.

I would also agree that if you were to claim yourself as a "representative of Opelaus.com" that you be more professional about it. As the questions you ask and the manner you ask in would reflect the OpelAus community.

aussie_in_london
6th January 2006, 12:04 AM
tbh who really cares about a few spelling mistakes, the man has found out some info so be excited as it is a great car, trust me as it will make a standard SRi turbo look and feel like a 1.2lt corsa in comparison as it sure has with the GSi and couple turbo in the UK and even that of the 888 limited edition couple

Shaun
6th January 2006, 12:08 AM
The questions were in relation to the VXR . Not Opelaus . Opelaus was mentioned so they could come on and see the response for themselves with what people think. I have sent them links in other e-mails to the forum. Hence why the Opelaus Web Address was added to the E-mail . Before this e-mail arrived I had spoken to Stuart Harris the Brand Manager in the UK for Vauxhall VXR Brand about speaking to Chris Payne, HSV Marketing Manager more information with regards to HSV release of the VXR to the Australian Market. As of today on a uk forum Stuart Harris has shed some more light on the rumour posted in an earlier thread on the forum about HSV dealers taking orders. It would seem HSV are increasing the orders due to some rather high pre release orders taken this far. As more information comes to hand on the VXR ill post it.

Now as for an attack I don’t see the need for post about a silly spelling error made.
I understand he was trying to point it out but dose it really require a post . A simple Private message could have been sent and I could have changed it . I didn’t see that i had made an error when I sent the email to HSV.

Shaun
6th January 2006, 12:09 AM
tbh who really cares about a few spelling mistakes, the man has found out some info so be excited as it is a great car, trust me as it will make a standard SRi turbo look and feel like a 1.2lt corsa in comparison as it sure has with the GSi and couple turbo in the UK and even that of the 888 limited edition couple

Good to see someone understand what the thread is about.

aussie_in_london
6th January 2006, 12:25 AM
a simple pm to point out spelling mistakes would have been more in order not a public humiliation as to me thats how it came across.

Great news that the car is coming to Aus and if any of you are concerned about WRX's as they are just as comon on Ausroads these days as Excels then read the following that a former WRX owner now VXR compared

astra-sport.co.uk
"Just want to say hello to everyone, Got my Astra vxr on the 29th Dec after waiting 6 months (arden blue, 19's, cruise, climate, ads+) and am NOT dissapointed, I sold my 53 plate impreza wrx to get this and i am well impressed. The ride in the VXr is smoother the turbo does'nt try to snap your spine, it looks soooo much better,handling is sharp, The build quality is better, no chavs have one ( at the moment anyway) and i think it is quicker as well (still taking it easy) the only thing i miss about the scooby is the sound, but hell this car is really really good, better than i expected.

So if your waiting for yours to be delivered be exicited, and whatever you do, do not listen to halfwits saying that the focus or golf are a more complete car. I'm sure when your'e over taking one you will not be thinking well that car does have red piping around the grill (a plus point according to autocar) , or ooh does'nt that orange look nice!! (saw one the other day and it looked horrendous) the vxr is a truly good car. They will be thinking hey i should of bought one of those VXR's they look much better and are faster. Just thought i'd say hello. "

SSS_Hoon
6th January 2006, 04:36 AM
hey dont go knocking the golf now hehehehe.

does anyone know the price of the vxr when it is released in aus?im guessing it will be cheaper then the golf if so that must be for a reason heheh nah in all seriousness i do like the outside look of the vxr but the inside aint too my liking.

what are the performance stats of the vxr that will be here and the uk one.

shaun can you answer any of these?

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
6th January 2006, 08:10 AM
mate all you need to know is it is faster then both the GTi and ST and alot more fun lol
i actually found the GTi a boring drive in comparison to the VXR, all the electronics take the fun out of it and thats the reason why the UK car mags give it a top score and quote it can double up as a family shopping trolley, the VXR is an enthusiast car and thats what it has been targeted at.

Mr T
6th January 2006, 09:00 AM
The best Opel ever built is coming to aus, and a thread about it turns into an english lesson...please guys grow up a bit ay!

BTW Damian:

"in all seriousness i do like the outside look of the VXR, but the inside isn't to my liking."

hehe

Shaun
6th January 2006, 09:37 AM
Romour has it to be around 43k. I will send a follow up email today and i will head to Suttons On sunday to find out more information

aussie_in_london
6th January 2006, 10:19 AM
The best Opel ever built is coming to aus,

lets get this one right first lol

group effort Opel / Vauxhall / Lotus built - was a combination of the 3 for this one
and you guys will be getting the Vauxhall / Lotus spec model

Mr T
6th January 2006, 10:24 AM
lets get this one right first lol

group effort Opel / Vauxhall / Lotus built - was a combination of the 3 for this one
and you guys will be getting the Vauxhall / Lotus spec model

The Vauxhall / Lotus / HSV spec model to boot :D

Poogene2001
6th January 2006, 11:33 AM
To quote myself:

So the post was infact to do with the topic.
If you found what i wrote to be insulting, i apologise, i just expect this forum to be represented properly and in the best way possible, sending poorly phrased/worded/spelled emails does not help this cause.
No need to take everything as a personal attack.

aussie_in_london
6th January 2006, 11:35 AM
The Vauxhall / Lotus / HSV spec model to boot :D

and thats more like it lol
the Opel chassie and suspension set up doesnt and wouldnt agree with UK or Aussie roads, the passive Lotus set up is the biz

aussie_in_london
6th January 2006, 11:41 AM
To quote myself:

So the post was infact to do with the topic.
If you found what i wrote to be insulting, i apologise, i just expect this forum to be represented properly and in the best way possible, sending poorly phrased/worded/spelled emails does not help this cause.
No need to take everything as a personal attack.

help what cause? the VXR is on its way to Aus and an email from an enthusiast with or without some correct spelling wouldnt make a difference to the fact that it is coming to aussie shores.

Mr T
6th January 2006, 01:14 PM
Aussie:

Any word on the boost pressure...

I know there has been a few quotes of 1.4BAR but as you know I find this hard to beleive.

Also I understand that a few UK tuners have seen 280BHP (207KW) with just a tune....but, this is believed to be running at 1.2 BAR...

SSS_Hoon
6th January 2006, 01:38 PM
mate all you need to know is it is faster then both the GTi and ST and alot more fun lol

hey man settle down your starting to sound like one of those guys that go around saying that my car is better then yours and everything(actually like a commonwhore driver from druitt actually)

yeah it might be faster but fast aint what everone is after now is it, and the GTi once flashed will be saying bye bye to the VXR.

if you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic as my gf owns a GTi is all. and i was stating my opinion on the car, if i had the choice i would take the GTi over the VXR and the ST as they dont appeal too me one bit, but that being said i aint driven either of them either where i have driven the GTi.

the 43k would make it more exxy then the GTi too which would leave extra cash to get the GTi flashed and be faster then the VXR and still have some change left over if you wanna be like that hehehehe

anyway yeah glenn the interior is a bit wrong for my liking i think i would rather the inside be good looking and the outside be crap lookin then that way you are inside driving you dont see the outside now do ya.

yeah shaun when you find out more info let us know eh, does anyone have the power and performance figures of the aus spec one?

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
6th January 2006, 03:21 PM
hey man settle down your starting to sound like one of those guys that go around saying that my car is better then yours and everything(actually like a commonwhore driver from druitt actually)

yeah it might be faster but fast aint what everone is after now is it, and the GTi once flashed will be saying bye bye to the VXR.

if you couldnt tell i was being sarcastic as my gf owns a GTi is all. and i was stating my opinion on the car, if i had the choice i would take the GTi over the VXR and the ST as they dont appeal too me one bit, but that being said i aint driven either of them either where i have driven the GTi.

the 43k would make it more exxy then the GTi too which would leave extra cash to get the GTi flashed and be faster then the VXR and still have some change left over if you wanna be like that hehehehe

anyway yeah glenn the interior is a bit wrong for my liking i think i would rather the inside be good looking and the outside be crap lookin then that way you are inside driving you dont see the outside now do ya.

yeah shaun when you find out more info let us know eh, does anyone have the power and performance figures of the aus spec one?

SSS_Hoon

The new R32 was slower around Nurberg ring in Germany then The VXR. I think you will find the GTi wont beat the VXR . The VXR now has a Program that bring the BHP up to 320 from 240bhp.

Power Figures are 176kw with 320 nm of torque . I was able to get an up close look at the Sydney International Motorshow on the turn table of the interior and everything looks to be at easy reach. Still looks sylish too on the inside.

Mr T
6th January 2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah but the 320BHP requires a new turbo...

but you can get 280BHP from map alone...

rjastra
6th January 2006, 04:57 PM
We already knew it was going to come out 3rd quarter 2006!! Why the email to begin with?

As for the handling/desireability of the VXR. Both Fifth Gear and Topgear were strangely ambivalent towards it. Torque steer, inconsistant steering feel, laggy engine, understeery chassis. Now i understand that there was an issue with Topgear test car. What about the Fifth Gear one?

Not sure if all that makes it the king hot hatch. All it seems to have going for it is outright pace and mean looks.

Will save my final opinion till it gets here.

But really... it sorta shouts future "bogan" material to me (chevs for the brits?)

Shaun
6th January 2006, 05:59 PM
We already knew it was going to come out 3rd quarter 2006!! Why the email to begin with?

As for the handling/desireability of the VXR. Both Fifth Gear and Topgear were strangely ambivalent towards it. Torque steer, inconsistant steering feel, laggy engine, understeery chassis. Now i understand that there was an issue with Topgear test car. What about the Fifth Gear one?

Not sure if all that makes it the king hot hatch. All it seems to have going for it is outright pace and mean looks.

Will save my final opinion till it gets here.

But really... it sorta shouts future "bogan" material to me (chevs for the brits?)

I would like to see the press release from HSV that confirms the VXR Release date in the showrooms as the 3rd QTR ?? If you have such a Press Release from HSV post it up.
In a e-mail i had sent to me in November the Car was still unconfirmed for a Australian Market. If you read the e-mail that was sent to HSV you would have seen that i refered to an Article in December's Issue of Motor Magazine. I was confirming that the article was correct with the release date.

As for the car tested by Top Gear my understandings of it was the car had SRi T suspension fitted.

The VXR is getting great reviews by UK owners that have taken delivery of there cars and they are smiling from ear to ear. As for a "Bogans" car you couldnt be far from the truth. The car is very advanced. It has an aggressive look with the power to match it and is no different to the Renualt 225 Turbo Megane in the sense of being aggresive. If any anything the VXR looks stylish while looking Aggressive. Time that the Vauxhall /Opel went away from a Conservitive look and actually stood out with some nice looking cars that actually attract the end user.

aussie_in_london
7th January 2006, 04:35 AM

SSS_Hoon

one answer
drive a vxr because you really have no idea what you are talking about lol

You base all your opinions on pictures and write ups, have you actually sat in the VXR and looked at its interior or are you again basing your opinion on a magazine article and a few press shots?
i based mine on actual facts, i have driven both and prefer the VXR hence the reason i bought one.
GTi a nice drive it is but a souless one at that, i think your gf would have trouble handling the raw power of the VXR as the electronics dont aid throughout every movement you make like on the GTi and ST.

Now if i go back over all your posts regarding the VXR you always pop up with i prefer a GTi its a better car blah blah blah, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but keep in mind if i went on to a Golf forum i would be attached every post i make and referencing the VXR as a better car and why wouldnt they knowing that the VXR is a true sport car where as the GTi rerally is a family shopping trolley with the looks and performance to back it up lmfao, my opinion.

JasonGilholme
7th January 2006, 07:04 AM
^^ what he said ^^

Charlatan
7th January 2006, 11:41 AM
I really think the GTi and VRX are appealling to very different markets. The VRX is more the "boy-racer" style of car, big wheels, loud colours etc etc. Its also going to be wearing a HSV badge in Australia, and that comes with a certain image. Definitely more power than the GTi, and would no doubt beat a GTi in most respects.

The GTi is more a hot hatch with a touch of class. The VW badge puts it in a different class than the VRX (or XR5 for that matter). I dont think people are necessarily buying the GTi for its 0 - 400m times, or what it did around the ring.

Different strokes for different folks. Funny how people get so defensive about 'my car is better than yours'. Post cognititve dissonance!

aussie_in_london
7th January 2006, 01:54 PM
its not being defensive
its more along the lines of dont criticise if you have no idea,
you have no credibility if you soley base your opinion on a report you
have read in a magazine or a few press pictures

SSS_Hoon
7th January 2006, 02:34 PM
like i said i am only saying my point of view is all i have already said that i like the look of it just not the interior which was from the shots you posted. I will taking one for a test drive when they come out here for sure so i can see for myself.

the golf may be a shopping trolly with the performance to back it up i also believe this. i actually like the vxr outside the golf from the back i think is very plain except the r32 that looks better then the gti for sure the gti rear end is well plain to say the least.

and as charlatan said they appeal to very different markets and people for sure which is partly what i was trying to say. and the people that buy the gti aint buying it for sheer performance alone its mostly people that have owned them before and know there build quality is top notch and they are overall a great car to drive to the shops and to pick the kids up or even on a long trip somewhere and all that can be done in comfort and also has the power if needed but i would say rarely used, i know my gf didnt buy the gti for its power or 0-100kph or 1/4mile times she bought it as she purely liked the look of the car and the drive it offers.

if the vxr is really that much faster then golf as you say(motor say just under a sec to the 100kph mark) i agree my gf wouldnt be able to drive it to its potential(cannot drive manual) and she wouldnt anyway as that is not why she buys cars or drives cars she drives them to get her places and she feels comfortable in. as charlatan said the vxr is a boy racer or ricer car i can see it becoming the next bogan car for the current batch of p platers that cannot drive turbo cars until they are off there p's they will be going after them as they are a hsv and cheaper then the commonwhore.

and yeah i have been saying i would take the golf over the vxr or the st and its true, but in actual fact i wouldnt even take the golf as im a nissan boy and love my pulsar so i would keep that and save the 50k for a house or something like that. and yes it was to get a ride out of some ppl but not in a negative way just having some fun and trying to not let this thread become all about the vxr is the best, as you said if you were on a golf forum(do you know of any as i can only find one)it would be the other way around, and the golf forum i am on i have been talking bout a certain silver astra on here and they want info on it.

SSS_Hoon

Charlatan
7th January 2006, 05:44 PM
its not being defensive
its more along the lines of dont criticise if you have no idea,
you have no credibility if you soley base your opinion on a report you
have read in a magazine or a few press pictures

So true mate. You're actually the only one on the site who can. Still, the car isnt released in Aus yet, so thats all we can go on. I'd hate to not be able to discuss cars that we hadnt driven....

Red AH SRI T
7th January 2006, 06:14 PM
i will head to Suttons On sunday to find out more information

Seriously dude, don't go into the dealer, WE KNOW NOTHING!

everyone seems to think that dealers a wealth of information and know everything about every up coming model, BUT WE DONT, we are kept in the dark just as much as you are.

sparks
7th January 2006, 07:54 PM
ill second that as im in dealer land also.we know via faxes and e-mails sit tight as its worth the wait...

Mrs T
8th January 2006, 12:22 AM
He he amanda is getting more comfortable with the GTI now ....

and the golf forum i am on i have been talking bout a certain silver astra on here and they want info on it.
SSS_Hoon

Hmmm curiosity.....

Give me a call damian you have raised some interest

Shaun
8th January 2006, 09:10 PM
Kurt i was told that dealers are taking orders. thats what i wanted to find out.

Mr T
9th January 2006, 09:17 AM
Kurt i was told that dealers are taking orders. thats what i wanted to find out.

Dealers can take orders on anything they want...BUT...they dont have pricing, the order sits in the top draw and they stick your Gorilla in the piggy bank...

...Yeah sure you will be the first to own one, but only the first to own one delivered from that dealership.

I was working for a Holden Dealer when the Monaro was released, we had 12 pre-release orders each holding $1K. When the time come, we could only contact 7 of them, the other 5 didn't come forward and their details had changed.

Interestingly, it still took about 3 months to deliver those 7 cars after release, other buyers had managed to get theirs before due to colour availability, trim options and transmission etc...

Red AH SRI T
9th January 2006, 11:48 AM

we have no pricing or release dates, but we are more than happy to take money off you and hold it so that as soon as something is heard ur name will be placed on the list straight away..

Dealers can take orders on anything they want...BUT...they dont have pricing, the order sits in the top draw and they stick your Gorilla in the piggy bank...

...Yeah sure you will be the first to own one, but only the first to own one delivered from that dealership.

I was working for a Holden Dealer when the Monaro was released, we had 12 pre-release orders each holding $1K. When the time come, we could only contact 7 of them, the other 5 didn't come forward and their details had changed.

Interestingly, it still took about 3 months to deliver those 7 cars after release, other buyers had managed to get theirs before due to colour availability, trim options and transmission etc...

So yep, Mr T is correct!

and if ur gunna buy it, come buy it from me :D

Shaun
9th January 2006, 05:21 PM
we have no pricing or release dates, but we are more than happy to take money off you and hold it so that as soon as something is heard ur name will be placed on the list straight away..

So yep, Mr T is correct!

and if ur gunna buy it, come buy it from me :D
You work for Suttons or Heartland ?

btm
9th January 2006, 05:38 PM
and if ur gunna buy it, come buy it from me :Dyou just want to one of the first to sell one :)

Red AH SRI T
9th January 2006, 06:00 PM
You work for Suttons or Heartland ?

Heartland @ Parramatta!

you just want to one of the first to sell one :)

Whats wrong with that?!

Wraith
9th January 2006, 06:16 PM
Well, well, interesting reading here.

As for my take on this - If it is ( and I'm sure it indeed is ) as good as Aussie says it is and if it's going to be priced well (HSV do have a habbit of uneccessarily ballooning prices of their products - I know this from owning 2 previous HSV's ), then I'm going to definitely get one.............and yes it has to be red.

It'll look just nice parked next to my star silver TS turbo convertible.

As for power, standard sounds already great, looking at the engine info I have, there's no doubt a remap will produce around 200+ kw and 400+ nm, so it'll still bash a reflashed GTi, great news for those that want more poke.

Lots of criticism on the interior - but this all does come down to personal taste - I think it looks good, especially if we get the Recaro's - remember being a HSV, it'll have their logo embroided into the seats and that looks fantastic IMO.

Externally the car looks magnificent IMO, best looking Astra yet, maybe best looking Opel to date.........This should get some comments from Calibra owners LOL (just remember I also have one of them too..... a beautiful low km's V6).

I predict that as long as the pricing is kept in the right bracket ( low 40k's sounds about right for this kind and class of car ) it'll be a hit here in Aus.

aussie_in_london
10th January 2006, 01:40 AM
Wraith if you want a good read of what many of us who have taken delivery in the UK are saying check out this site (i moderate the VXR section)
http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44
you will find some interesting reading from new owners who previously owned WRX's, GTi's etc etc etc, and its all good plus some interesting info from the VXR brands manager who i know and was able to get on the site,
hope mate you have some spare time as it is the biggest VXR forum on the web and going strong.

Wraith
10th January 2006, 08:43 AM
Thankyou for that Aussie, I'll definitely check it out.

I'm liking this car more and more.

Can't wait until it arrives later this year, then I'll have it all in front of me to check out in the flesh.........

Shaun
10th January 2006, 09:22 AM
I am much the same Wraith. Every time i read a review or read a post when someone in the uk takes delivery the response just keeps getting better.

aussie_in_london
10th January 2006, 10:00 AM
see Shaun is a regular on astra-sri.co.uk VXR forum

SSS_Hoon
10th January 2006, 04:10 PM
hehehe :lol:

i aint seen the inside of the hsv version im sure that will make it look a bit better well it should.

if i was to get a new car around the 40k mark( i aint but if i was) this would be on my shortlist that is for sure, as i think that is also the best lookin astra so far and i aint that big a holden fan myself im a jap crap guy.

im still going to take one for a test drive when they get here that is for sure, as if its true what aussie, and others have said about it then i would most likely want one, cause unlike my gf i dont just go on looks or ride, im a power guy :lol:

i too will check out that forum aussie.
got any vid of it i wanna haer it?

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
10th January 2006, 04:42 PM
I have some video footage Damian of the VXR fitted with Stock exh and the Milltek system from the UK.

SSS_Hoon
10th January 2006, 05:49 PM
how big is it can it be emailed?

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
10th January 2006, 07:26 PM
how big is it can it be emailed?

SSS_Hoon

I have one thats 66,000kb and the others that are around 3-4000kb or there abouts. The huge one is an Episode of Top Gear where they review it but Clarkson is harsh on it and the others are from a Member of the Astra-sri.co.uk and from the Milltek Exh company in the uk . I can put them on disc and give to you sunday if you like. they play on PC.

Gary
10th January 2006, 09:15 PM
I have one thats 66,000kb and the others that are around 3-4000kb or there abouts. The huge one is an Episode of Top Gear where they review it but Clarkson is harsh on it and the others are from a Member of the Astra-sri.co.uk and from the Milltek Exh company in the uk . I can put them on disc and give to you sunday if you like. they play on PC.

yeah clarkson did not like it at all. said it was a bit too manic.

aussie_in_london - what make/type of tyre is standard on the VXR?

aussie_in_london
11th January 2006, 12:08 PM
yeah clarkson did not like it at all. said it was a bit too manic.

aussie_in_london - what make/type of tyre is standard on the VXR?

Clarkson was never meant to drive the one that he did having an SRi chassie set up, was meant for a photoshoot only, the one the Stig had was the full spec OPC version, not the Lotus chassie set up though.

regarding the tyres a interesting bit of info from the VXR brand manager

"The best set up we found on the Astra VXR was 18" with Michelin Pilot Sports....then they changed them to Exaldo(?) and we couldn't get them. Conti stepped in and developed a version of their conti sport tyre just for us and have now released it for other fwd cars."

the contis do grip very well even in the icy condtions we just had over here

Turblue
12th January 2006, 08:05 AM
I just got this (http://www.topgear.com/drives/E7/A3/roadtests/23/) off the Top Gear site.

Mrs T
13th January 2006, 01:18 PM
Ok guys i'm really sorry, but I really have to do this.

I hope no one takes offence to this post just wanted to bring a few things to your attention.

I was bored last night when I got home from the pub (yes Glenn had a headache he he) so I got onto the HSV website to have a look at the interior (because Damian was complaining that it wasn’t very nice) he he.

I was reading through the specifications and was absolutely appalled at what I was confronted with....

You will see from the screen prints below, the spelling mistakes/typos that a company of this stature has allowed to go to print.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/onenutsbigger/HSVSpell1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/onenutsbigger/HSVSpell2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/onenutsbigger/HSVSpell3.jpg

As you can see, I have made note of a few errors by circling them in red.

Personally, I do generally take the time to proof read what I write as I do not like spelling mistakes, but it is also a case of each to their own, I don’t think Shaun should have been subjected to the ridicule he was on page one of this thread, and do you think they would have even picked it up he he. I agree that if it was myself that wrote that email I would have made sure that there were no spelling errors but again spelling isn’t on most people’s high priority list.

My mother is the Marketing Director for a large motor organisation and when I emailed this to her she couldn’t believe here eyes, so maybe HSV isn’t targeting the intellectual market maybe they are only targeting the "Bogan" market.

I am thinking that I might bring these errors to their attention, Shaun what’s that email address?

OPC
13th January 2006, 04:12 PM
so maybe HSV isn’t targeting the intellectual market maybe they are only targeting the "Bogan" market.

does this mean ur not getting one now peta ?

me dunno whats worng wif all a duz speliling mustakos... lokks okays ta meessa

Shaun
13th January 2006, 10:00 PM
Thats to attract the young market... hehe

Shaun
19th January 2006, 11:05 PM
As i have said before i would enquire with regard more about the VXR. Keep a look out on the HSV Site for more information .

Question:
I recently sent an email to the Q & A about the HSV VXR release date. Thank you for the response and for confirming that HSV will be importing this model. I’m wondering if you can give me a “Ball Park” figure of the retail price on the VXR will be, as I am very interested in purchasing the VXR. Also will they be coming with a Build Identification plate or Import number plate. I have heard a romour that dealers are able to take orders for the VXR . Is this true or will this be happening closer to the release date?

I am also wondering if you will be inviting potential customers to a test day of the VXR or a Launch day of the car at a track or at HSV Head office when once the car is closer to a release date?

Kind Regards
Shaun
Sydney Australia.

Answer:

Thank you for your additional email.

At this stage a RRP has not been set, this will be released closer to the launch of the vehicle. As a result, HSV Dealers are unable to take orders at the moment, however please feel free to express your interest with your local HSV Sales Specialist or Sales Manager.

The vehicle will be fitted with a HSV Build Plate, like all other HSV models.

Unfortunately a test drive has not been organised from Head Office, however you will be given the opportunity to test drive the vehicle at your local Dealer once available.

In closing, we suggest that you stay tuned to our website as all information available will posted there.

Kind regards

HSV