PDA

View Full Version : Yet another from the UK who's moving to WA.

V6FIL
4th January 2006, 04:48 PM
Just thought I would say Hi after Auzzie Wattie from vvoc.com pointed me in this direction.

I live in the uk but I am moving over to Perth some time this year. I was going to bring my Vec B over with me but after finding out that it is going to cost in the region of £3500 (around $8300) to get is shipped over I am changing my mind. although I have spent more than that on it in the last 12 months.

GSi alloys, 308mm brake upgrade, bilstien dampers, H&R springs, polyurethane bushes, modded inlet manifolds, upgraded cams the list goes on and on and on.

I just dunno if it is worth it, I havent seen one like it in OZ, so ?????

Anyway will be nice getting to know you all in the future.

Wattie
5th January 2006, 04:29 PM
yes hello, i am Wattie just not Auzzie on here,
8300 is a helluva lot to bring a car out, but if you love it enough maybe its worth it :)

InSaNe^Sna1L
5th January 2006, 04:43 PM
Depends what you can sell it for over there I guess as to whether you bring it here. You might find it cheaper to sell there and then with the value of the Euro compared to our dollar, you might get yourself into a sweet ride here.

V6FIL
5th January 2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah I am wondering what to do still, I dunno what to buy over here, I like the look of the Muloo Ute, or the special edition 6.0 V8 ute they have out at the minute.

Failling that I may have to go for some thing from the Jap market.

Nice to see you Wattie. :D

I have noticed that compared to the uk second hand car prices here are very expensive. But new cars are very cheap.

mr_sikma
5th January 2006, 05:54 PM
rip the bits off, bring them over here and fit them on your new car! or work out what the guys from here want and sell it to them with the cheaper AUS postage when you get here ;)

oh and welocme!

V6FIL
5th January 2006, 06:45 PM
I have thought about taking all the bits off but there are to many, and once done the car would need to go to the scrap heap cos it would be of no use to anyone.

It is going in to the body shop for some work soon, I will see how I feel I guess when it comes time to move over. I am swaying towards bringing it with me. I have got about another £1000 worth of parts that need fitting so makes it even harder to leave in the uk.

Thanks for the welcome :D

R3N
5th January 2006, 11:01 PM
welcome to the forums... let us know when you get over here, there may only be a few of us WA members but I'm sure we can try to help you out with anything.

btm
9th January 2006, 02:46 PM
welcome to the site mate!