PDA

View Full Version : Holden Vectra = Daewoo Tosca

Nem
23rd December 2005, 12:28 PM
I thought they would have kept the European Vectra but it seems not (http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,17633159-21822,00.html). Pretty soon Holden's entire range is going to be crap Korean junk. :( Is this the image they really want to bring to the range? At least Ford keeps the Mazda range out of the blue oval. But Mazda can stand on its own feet unlike Daewoo who've already failed in this country once.

01CDsedan
23rd December 2005, 01:37 PM
I've read on another forum that the 'inside word' is that the mid-sizer will be called the Holden Epica.

If it has had Holden involvement in its development then it might turn out to be the right car for Australia. The Vectra, nice car that it is, has some glaring deficiencies (apart from the high price) that has put buyers off it. Sorry to say, but Opel didn't really get the Vectra right.

rjastra
23rd December 2005, 06:52 PM
Well if they can get it for $25K for the 2L and $28K for the 2.5L 6 then they may have a volume seller they need.

dug74
23rd December 2005, 07:03 PM
Well if they can get it for $25K for the 2L and $28K for the 2.5L 6 then they may have a volume seller they need.

They may...but would wanna improve the specs on the 2L <kia/hyundai> motor becoz they are very sluggish.

Power = 105Kw
Torque = 186Nm

joe
23rd December 2005, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=01CDsedan]I've read on another forum that the 'inside word' is that the mid-sizer will be called the Holden Epica.

If it has had Holden involvement in its development then it might turn out to be the right car for Australia. The Vectra, nice car that it is, has some glaring deficiencies (apart from the high price) that has put buyers off it. Sorry to say, but Opel didn't really get the Vectra right.[/QUOTE

BFS OPEL didnt get it wrong the vectra cdxi is my dream car its hot and would own if opelized, how can this be a bad car fool lol

BassyAstra
23rd December 2005, 07:49 PM
The mechanics @ holden will be pulling their hair out in disgust at all these daewoos.

Im concerned about the future image of holden, why dont they stop bumming their korean pig buddies.

If things keep going this way i want to brick the manager dic/head down at Holden. Not because of holden, just because i hate his ass.

pred8r
23rd December 2005, 09:19 PM
Some nice words for people to consider considering holdens idea of euro now seems to be a similar sound(daewoo) not actually design/build;

Peugeot(NFI) (gti)
Citroen (c4 coupe)
Audi (RS8)
Mercedes Benz (AMG32)
Volkwagon (Golf/Polo GTI)
Smart (roadster)

Apart from that i would never buy a car named sh1t in any language/slang whatever they rebadged it as.

ultim8DTM5
24th December 2005, 10:16 AM
The mechanics @ holden will be pulling their hair out in disgust at all these daewoos.

Im concerned about the future image of holden, why dont they stop bumming their korean pig buddies.

If things keep going this way i want to brick the manager dic/head down at Holden. Not because of holden, just because i hate his ass.

They probably break down more, are easier to fix and have a greater margin in parts. I reckon the service department are cheering.

ronj
24th December 2005, 10:37 AM
I've read on another forum that the 'inside word' is that the mid-sizer will be called the Holden Epica.

If it has had Holden involvement in its development then it might turn out to be the right car for Australia. The Vectra, nice car that it is, has some glaring deficiencies (apart from the high price) that has put buyers off it. Sorry to say, but Opel didn't really get the Vectra right.

What are the "glaring deficiencies" we have had our CDX for 12 months now and have not yet found any glaring deficiencies. Sure they were overpriced , but what a beautiful car to drive.

pred8r
24th December 2005, 07:53 PM
What are the "glaring deficiencies" we have had our CDX for 12 months now and have not yet found any glaring deficiencies. Sure they were overpriced , but what a beautiful car to drive.

I agree, value and price have nothing to do with each other unless you state what you are comparing it against.

Consider a Bugatti Veyron and a VZ Calais 'Glaring deficiencies' are????

01CDsedan
24th December 2005, 11:09 PM

Poor visibility, especially around A pillars but also out the side and towards the rear. Sills too high.
Uncomfortable seating, not a patch on TS Astra seats.
Bad dashboard design that robs interior space - comes too far into the cabin.
Hard, cheap looking plastics on lower half of interior.
Stupid switchgear design - the power window controls are a case in point - having to flick a switch to operate the rear windows?
Auto transmission that changes up too early and always tries to exit roundabouts in third gear when you want second.

It's a great car, yes, but by no means perfect. Far more satisfied with my TS Astra than with the Vectra. Having said that, I don't expect the Daewoo Tosca to be as good, unless there has been significant Holden involvement. I do expect it to be cheaper and to sell a lot better.

01CDsedan
24th December 2005, 11:12 PM
By the way, I don't think the Vectra was overpriced other than the 2.2 litre CD when it was $34,990. The CDX and CDXi were good value at full price and are incredible value these days with the heavy discounting.