PDA

View Full Version : Astra VXR finally arrived

aussie_in_london
23rd December 2005, 11:54 AM
After 6 months since i placed my order my VXR has finally arrived and am i excited, hell yeah, arrived at my dealers midday Thursday and due to drive out with it this afternoon.
Will get some pics up as soon as i have a spare moment lol

oneightoo
23rd December 2005, 11:55 AM
i hate you :)

blueraven
23rd December 2005, 11:56 AM
yes, i hate you also.

btm
23rd December 2005, 12:12 PM
i hate you the most :)

oneightoo
23rd December 2005, 12:23 PM
nah i hate him more ;)

aussie_in_london
23rd December 2005, 07:11 PM
i know
isnt it just wonerful lmfao

mr_sikma
23rd December 2005, 07:16 PM
i hope its turbo?

aussie_in_london
23rd December 2005, 07:42 PM
mate its a VXR lol
240bhp - 177kw, 320nm
0-100 = 6.2 sec
of cause its a turbo

BassyAstra
23rd December 2005, 07:44 PM
i love u ,.....

aussie_in_london
23rd December 2005, 07:48 PM
i know you do mate lol

BassyAstra
23rd December 2005, 07:57 PM
Pics???....

aussie_in_london
23rd December 2005, 09:23 PM
xmas day im getting a new digi camera so will take lots
also spending it with friends who happened to have bought my
H SRi a few months back so we are gonna get some of both cars
which should look good

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2005, 12:11 AM
mmm ok so waht is the drive like?

SSS_Hoon

BA55UP
24th December 2005, 10:35 AM
curious how much you paid drive out. i got some family over in england and "jersey" and my uncle is a car nut, i would love it if he bought one of these case i am going over there next year and would love the oppertunity to drive one :D

aussie_in_london
24th December 2005, 11:16 AM
the VXR is fu**ing quick and really puts the astra g gsi to shame in outright performance and handling, i had driven a pre production VXR based on the OPC varient with IDS plus and cdc but this Lotus developed chassie and passive suspension is on a totally different level and felt like a different car and i mean that in a highly positive way, this is the car top gear and the auto mags should have tested not the OPC spec model as there is a difference in ride and handling. Fantastic car and i say no more, having driven a WRX i would say the VXR may not pull away of the mark as quick being fwd but once it gets it power down is deffo quicker though the gears and would easily pull away from a standard scooby on the open ride. I have had a smile all day and looking forward to tomorrow.

Pics to follow

Red AH SRI T
24th December 2005, 11:23 AM
they just legalised Gay weddings over there

Can i marry you?!

aussie_in_london
24th December 2005, 11:48 AM
sorry mate im already married so that i believe would land me behind bars and i wouldnt be able to enjoy my astra on anabolic steriods lol

Shaun
24th December 2005, 03:34 PM
Congrats Shane. Cant wait to see the pics. How dose it drive compared to the one you had for the test drive in?

SSS_Hoon
24th December 2005, 04:41 PM
so a stock scoobie well that aint hard now is it, but how do you think it would compare to the golf gti(not biased or anything here :lol: )

i do gotta say though for a holden i dont mind it at all.

SSS_Hoon

aussie_in_london
24th December 2005, 05:02 PM
thanks Shaun
handling wise it did felt like a different car, stciks very well and gets the power down very well.
Now in comparison to a Golf GTi , there is no comparison mate, the VXR would eat the GTi alive and not just in the performance and outright speed as it is a much faster car but it also makes the GTi look like the poverty pack in te range, keep in mind the VXR done a faster lap time of the ring than the new R32 and Focus ST.
Top Gear need to retest this car as i have found minimal torque steer (yes i pulled the car up and placed in first, look mum no hands) and not to the extent Clarkson demonstrator but he was driving a pre prod sitting on an SRi chassie and suspension set up and the Stig laps was in an OPC set up which the latest from some tuners in the UK state doesnt handling as well as the Lotus set up.
Overall its a fun car when you put your foot down (my wife loves it) and living in central London it is a very comfortable ride at low speeds, the standard recaros are the best i have ever sat in. Now the sensitive throttle and all or no power delivery the media complained about in the pre production model, my wife found this statement to be incorrect and i have to agree.
The VXR is a great car and a joy to own, very much an enthusiast drivers car.
Am i VXR enought? well im up early enought to go to the fish markets (0400) so i would say hell yeah.

BassyAstra
24th December 2005, 05:43 PM
they just legalised Gay weddings over there

Can i marry you?!
Bahahahha....

Hey aussie, have you been getting looks from street people???
You are like one of the 1st in the world to get one delivered.

aussie_in_london
24th December 2005, 06:58 PM
Bahahahha....

Hey aussie, have you been getting looks from street people???
You are like one of the 1st in the world to get one delivered.

one of a small number yes and possibly the first Australian lol
and the first on opelaus.com lol

lots of looks mate even last night at a friends place 2 guys stopped a good 20 meters away in the middle of the road to get a look then pulled into the street and said to my mate does that car come like that or has it been pimped lol draws alot of attention especially in the flame red.It look like an astra on anabolic steriods, looks bulkier than my 5 door SRi and more mean, xenon afl lights are the biz also

BassyAstra
24th December 2005, 07:50 PM
one of a small number yes and possibly the first Australian lol
and the first on opelaus.com lol

lots of looks mate even last night at a friends place 2 guys stopped a good 20 meters away in the middle of the road to get a look then pulled into the street and said to my mate does that car come like that or has it been pimped lol draws alot of attention especially in the flame red.It look like an astra on anabolic steriods, looks bulkier than my 5 door SRi and more mean, xenon afl lights are the biz also

Can you adopt me?

Also how is the audio than the 5 door mate?

aussie_in_london
24th December 2005, 08:26 PM
lol

mate i have the sat nav cd70 also had that in my 5 door SRi and there is no need to upgrade as it sounds nice in standard form, plenty of base,treble and mid range, does sound nice but so does the rumble of the engine and the wooshing sound through the exhaust from the turbo, im having fitted the full Milltek exhaust system and sports cat just after xmas, 15 bhp power increase and improves the throttle and power delivery, sound - the biz, not overkill but sounds like a et engine when flooring it and WRC gurble through the gear changes, very nice indeed

Merry xmas over there to all,
just spoke to my parents and its up around the 40 degree range out in Campbelltown today, nice 6 degrees here lol

R3N
24th December 2005, 08:30 PM
bassy you are one ugly child

BassyAstra
25th December 2005, 08:46 AM
bassy you are one ugly child
Well your a 3 headed devil.

Aussie, sounds rad.
We only got to 36 on the coast :( ... And it was overcast all bloody day.

OPC
27th December 2005, 02:40 PM
so where are these pics mate ? c'mon how long are ya gunna make us wait ?

aussie_in_london
27th December 2005, 10:18 PM
bloody snowing here today

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/aussie31/DSC00098.jpg

Red AH SRI T
27th December 2005, 10:29 PM
Get it inside NOW!!!

before i spank you ;)

oneightoo
27th December 2005, 10:46 PM
it looks hawt even tho it's covered in snow..

aussie_in_london
27th December 2005, 11:10 PM
i would get it under cover if i was home
ah well still looks the biz covered in white

The Sentinel
28th December 2005, 12:12 AM
You can be the father of my offspring....

mr_sikma
28th December 2005, 12:24 AM
177kws and 0-100 in 6.2...

what does that = in 0-400m???

oneightoo
28th December 2005, 12:27 AM
i think i read somewhere it was in the late 12's..

Red AH SRI T
28th December 2005, 08:05 AM
i would get it under cover if i was home
ah well still looks the biz covered in white

well im sure after you drive it a few more times you will be used to looking at it covered in "white" :eek:

blueraven
28th December 2005, 01:14 PM
i think i read somewhere it was in the late 12's..
no way, all the tests done so far say its a very low 14 second pass for a quarter mile...hell an sti/evo will only do a mid/high 13 second pass in the hands of a pro.

oneightoo
28th December 2005, 02:34 PM
no way, all the tests done so far say its a very low 14 second pass for a quarter mile...hell an sti/evo will only do a mid/high 13 second pass in the hands of a pro.
haha well that just goes to show you shouldnt ask me those sort of questions hahahahaha :p

SSS_Hoon
29th December 2005, 02:53 PM
0-100 in only 6.2 mmm thought it would be qwiker then that seeing as you said it would eat the golf gti and it has been tested at 6.5 0-100 not that much slower? although i have seen the top gear test and it was fast the vxr i mean so i think it might even be evo 9 terrotory there?

i think its 14.2 quarter from memeory.

SSS_Hoon

blueraven
29th December 2005, 06:57 PM
the std wrx 2005 model does a 14 flat quarter. (and 5.8 to 100kph)

the top gear test does have the proper figures for the vxr but i cant remember them :P

Wraith
30th December 2005, 11:00 PM
Fantastic car and awesome stock standard performance figures - with a little tuning, maybe a powerchip gold remapping to around 190-200kw this car could be capable of high 5's 0-100 and high 13's over the standing 400m, more than enough performance there.

BR you got to remember the new 05 scooby now has a more powerful 2.5 ltr turbo engine and I guarantee you those times you mentioned are attained with clutch bombed launches extracting maximum benifit from the all-wheel-drive. Stock scoobies suffer from severe turbo lag - not the case with the Opel LET engines.

Scoobies run 1/2 to a full second slower with a standard launch technique.

Besides, you read Aussies comparison, vxr is quicker on the trot.

And also look at the 2, the scooby is still as butt ugly as ever and this new vxr is absolutely gorgeous - performance included or aside I'm sure most people would prefer the vxr.

I'm also a fan of the new Golf Gti, but I much prefer this new Astra.

I'm thinking of replacing my Cali with one of these when they're released next year, I reckon you should do the same.........