PDA

View Full Version : XC's in UK etc

mr_sikma
21st December 2005, 08:46 PM
Hey,

Just wondering if the XC Barina is still called an XC in the UK and wherever else it is.

Like the Monaros we send over there, do they still have the same model name.

I know they change to Vauxhall etc and we change to Holden etc but i mean the actual model names!

Thanks

pred8r
21st December 2005, 09:57 PM
corsa c; for some reason holden didnt think we could handle the truth, everywhere else could though.

oneightoo
22nd December 2005, 08:11 AM
we didnt get the name corse cos the barina was origanlly sourced from another car, not an opel.. i think thats right anyway..

mr_sikma
22nd December 2005, 08:33 AM
i know about the corsa part

but is it a Corsa XC (and they just say C for short) ???

imay
22nd December 2005, 08:38 AM
No . . . Just "C"
As in Corsa B, Corsa C, Corsa D, Astra F, Astra G, Astra H . . . Model designations from Opel themselves.

Mr T
22nd December 2005, 08:40 AM
No...they just call it C

The Corsa B was known as SB Barina

Vauxhaul Call Astra G the Mark V while Holden call it TS, Astar F was known as Mark IV and TR

mr_sikma
22nd December 2005, 08:46 AM
so why add a little letter in the barinas?

an extra S or an extra X?

weirdos!!!

pred8r
22nd December 2005, 09:18 AM
so why add a little letter in the barinas?

an extra S or an extra X?

In Australia 'we' couldnt handle a single letter model designation - too confusing

Mr T
22nd December 2005, 10:10 AM
In Australia 'we' couldnt handle a single letter model designation - too confusing

I can just imagine Mr and Mrs Jones....

...What...You mean the vectra and Barina are the same model...:confused:

I'm lost...

Appart from the very first Holden - the 48/215 (later refered to as FX) all Holdens have had two intitials to describe their model. Probably why the 48/215 got its nickname, so people could comprehend it...!!!

pred8r
22nd December 2005, 10:52 AM
yeah, gimme one of them holden C's

WTF?!?

EL BURITO
22nd December 2005, 01:21 PM
we didnt get the name corse cos the barina was origanlly sourced from another car, not an opel.. i think thats right anyway..

1st barina was a suzuki (think i am right)

CJB
22nd December 2005, 02:15 PM
There is also another reason why we didn't get Corsa because the name was too close to another cars name, and I am thinking of the Ford Corsair... but in my general readings that was a big factor into why they didn't rename to Corsa and kept Barina.

I also read that Holden did want to keep the Corsa name for the car, because when the Opel came here to replace the Suzuki they wanted to make the Barina/Corsa a whole new small car.

Damn, I should really save these links I find on google.

Another thing, who cares about the model codes? I mean you say a Barina 2001 model - you know it's an XC, you say SXI or SRI and you know which one, you say City or Swing, you know which one. I believe I have stated this before. This is VERY familiar.

Mr T
22nd December 2005, 02:16 PM
Yep...Suzuki Swift...

mr_sikma
22nd December 2005, 03:24 PM
i reckon theres a barina before the suzuki swift gti looking one we all know.

i seen one the other day!

CJB
22nd December 2005, 03:35 PM
You mean like this?
http://tinypic.com/iyezr9.jpg
it's also a Suzuki Swift

EL BURITO
22nd December 2005, 11:00 PM
Same deal as with the Cruze and the Ignes. both the same shacy (i really dont know how to spell that one) with a few differences. In that case a few but you get the idea. And the isea of only a RHS side mirrow WTF

oneightoo
22nd December 2005, 11:32 PM
think it's spelt chassis, but doesnt matter anyway, the only diff i could notice with the cruze and ignes were the tail lights..

dug74
23rd December 2005, 12:24 AM
think it's spelt chassis, but doesnt matter anyway, the only diff i could notice with the cruze and ignes were the tail lights..

The cruze is AWD....the Ignes is FWD :D

Mr T
23rd December 2005, 05:07 PM
And cruze is 1.5 and has alloys and the ignus is 1.3 and had steelies...

...oh, and I would not own either ! ! !

dug74
23rd December 2005, 05:37 PM
And cruze is 1.5 and has alloys and the ignus is 1.3 and had steelies...

...oh, and I would not own either ! ! !
Well i couldnt see you doing a 14 sec pass in either car myself :D:D:D

EL BURITO
23rd December 2005, 06:17 PM
i didnt choose it my mum did, she wanted somthing she could take it on the beach. The engin is also a Isusu (spelt that wrong aswell) and wen i drive it and go around corners i feel as thou i am going to roll but that was the same in the 4wd