PDA

View Full Version : Fun Times: Took my Opel to our Property

CJB
17th December 2005, 09:16 PM
Had so much fun this afternoon. I went out to Purga to our Property to see my Dad and brother. Anyways, it had rained a lot today so the road, which is a rough as guts (so bad that it wrecked Mum's Pajero's suspension) and about 2kms long was slippery as and there bog marks from where Dad and my brother had been driving and at one point, two very deep holes on either side of the road/track that were filled with water.

I was hesitant to drive up there, because the last 800 metres is up a steep rocky climb but I did it and it was awesome. The car slid heaps all over the place, made Dad unhappy to see the road torn up but I really thought speed would help :p and yeah, mud everywhere. There were water puddles I hit them, mud all over my windshield.

I was really surprised at how well it handled. Or maybe I am just a slightly better driver then I give credit for. But the cars power steering worked fine, I just sat there listening to my music slip sliding all over the road. I haven't had that much fun in a car since, well since I lived at the property!

Going up the driveway and down the driveway was a little freaky. The car bottomed out a few times, I thought maybe I had ripped something from underneath off. But I didn't. When I got to the shed my brother got in his subaru and we went for a little bush bash. That was fun too, crossing the dam wall slipping everywhere. I took my Corsa down the front, where it's a little grassier and on a slight decline but clear of trees and spun around everywhere.

I had the best time in it! Coming home I got a little rain, so some of the mud has cleared but here are some pics of the car, and for those that know me well, I NEVER LET MY CAR GET THIS DIRTY! And the best bit, I am going back out tomorrow to give my Dad and brother Christmas presents so I get to do it all again. Not washing my car till later in the week!

But I have to say, the car did really well. I see why they use them to do rally driving. What are the other Opels like in muddy roads?

oneightoo
17th December 2005, 09:44 PM
ooohh your car looks so dirty..

CJB
18th December 2005, 12:19 AM
Yep, it is. It's worse now because before I just went out to Peak Crossing and went up another long driveway of mud and dirt, this one not so rough, but many more puddles. I am loving it. So long as the interior is clean, I am cool.

Again, handled really really well in the mud.

Mind you, I can hardly see out the windows cos of the mud and bugs.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&s=qld&c=30077160&tm=1134829484&id=2259175&f=0&p=10&t=lan&ty=&snf=rbs&ag=&cu=&fmt=&header=

is the link for our property. It's for sale if anyone is interested!!!

If you just look, well in that dam is where my brothers and I would go swimming in Summer (sometimes nude :p) and the shed is where we all lived, like hicks... and the toilet is out back... and those yards, I helped build them :) although, extremely overgrown now! yep and no power either. Just the solar panels and the shower is more of a shower head hanging over the ground with pipes that lead to the backyard!

should get a motorbike and take out there in the rain, but the Opel does just fine :)

KID_SRi
18th December 2005, 06:35 PM
Ages ago I took my Astra SRi to where they run the Rally of Melbourne, It was all good and clean till it Rained. Had to drive up and down 20-30 degree muddy inclines, The Traction Control made it like a dry roads. Because the car got so dirty, I ended up going Nuts on the Rally Tracks. It was mad, Till I had to clean it.

oneightoo
18th December 2005, 07:34 PM
it rained at my local high school one night, so at about 2am in the morning, a couple of buddies of mine jumped in my SRi and did some fast circles on the football field.. it was fun, till i had to clean it.. and thats it..

CJB
18th December 2005, 08:30 PM
A football field would be awesome, no bloody trees in the way.

I went back today for a second run :p but it was dry... so now I have chunks of mud and dust everywhere. The back window is hard to see out of.

so it wasn't quite as fun as yesterday :(

astras would be so awesome in that sorta thing...

mr_sikma
19th December 2005, 09:09 AM
and a rwd woud be even more fun!