PDA

View Full Version : Vaux. VXR Monaro...very interesting!

Captjono
12th December 2005, 10:58 PM
Just was watching the new show on SBS tonight - Topgear.

I founf it very interesting that one of the cars the were testing out was the - 'Vaux. VXR Monaro'. I assume this is the same as our GTO Monaro or something like that.

Isn't it funny that Holden are about to release an Astra VXR in Australia...and Vaux. are offering the VXR Monaro...

Hmmm...interesting! :D

EL BURITO
12th December 2005, 11:23 PM
Isnt it funny thats the only Holden car they want in the UK compared to what we take from them

Rhino
13th December 2005, 12:25 AM
Yes, except the VXR Astra will be branded as HSV.

And the HSV Monaro as the VXR.

That's all.

aussie_in_london
13th December 2005, 03:53 AM
mate if you see the size of the roads and parking spaces over here you will see why they dont want anything big, struggle with an astra to get down some streets in London let alone in SS or a Club Sport.
Many i know would love to own the V8's Holden have to offer and there is a big HSV club in the UK, all imports.

NUTTTR
13th December 2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah, they definately took it out for a spin, it definately made me think about it, but what they said i thought was pretty true, interior is crap, gearbox feels like it belongs in a truck, but it all works well together... lol, was OK :) I still wouldn't buy one, unless i lived in the UK, or in Europe, it would be more exclusive then :)

Red AH SRI T
13th December 2005, 10:22 AM
so glad that we finally get to see Top Gear on a free to air station :D

Mr T
13th December 2005, 10:39 AM
I see they also gave the Golf GTi the Performance car of the year...

...They said they would of picked the BMW 130 but it was a rear wheel drive...wtf...apparently the rwd doesn't have as much leg room in the back and has reduced boot space because of the the tail shaft, diff and axcel...HA!

mr_sikma
13th December 2005, 11:15 AM
i was at a drift comp so missed out on this.

sbs at 7.30 hey?

nadg63
13th December 2005, 12:45 PM
Believe that episode of Top Gear is actually quite old!?

As good a rap as they gave the Monaro I do not think they have sold too many - seen the price of petrol over there lately .................. !!

Desty
13th December 2005, 06:13 PM
Nearly a year old according to my download logs ;)

low astra
13th December 2005, 08:19 PM
i love the way the burried the arse of that monaro on the beach and had a cry about the t/c in the 300c

Alfonzo
13th December 2005, 10:40 PM
Believe that episode of Top Gear is actually quite old!?

As good a rap as they gave the Monaro I do not think they have sold too many - seen the price of petrol over there lately .................. !!Yes it is old. It was Episode 1 from Season 5. For the record on Sunday night they aired Episode 5 of Season 7 in the UK (I'm an avid fan / collector).

They review the latest VXR Monaro at the end of Season 6, in Ep 11. Unfortunately Jeremy has suffered two slipped discs in his back (traced back to doing huge powerslides in the Monaro, he says), and couldn't complete the review. So little Richard Hammond imports three D1 Drifters to help him out. It's an awesome review.

aussie_in_london
13th December 2005, 11:59 PM
the monaro episode is an older one

nadg63
14th December 2005, 12:26 PM
Should have kept digging and buried the whole thing I reckon!

01CDsedan
14th December 2005, 09:19 PM
I was horrified to watch them driving such a beautiful car through sand and salt water....and they did the same to a Chrysler and a Jag as well!

Shaun
19th December 2005, 12:20 PM
what time dose Top Gear air on SBS ?

Alfonzo
19th December 2005, 01:37 PM
7:30pm (or 8:30pm for daylight saving, I believe) Monday nights.

It's also on BBC World on Foxtel, 7:30pm on Saturday nights. They're showing Season 7, the current one, but they're about a week or so behind and it's slightly mixed around judging by the show I watched on the weekend.