PDA

View Full Version : Astra H Wagon iNFO REQUIRED

entice
12th December 2005, 11:43 AM
Hi guys...
I have tried looking everywhere but cannot find the info I am after.

Am considering the H CDX wagon. However, I hope it doesnt have the same fake woodgrain as the CDX Hatch. If it does, I'll have to consider pulling it apart and painting it Piano black.

so, does anyone know what the interior trim colour is along the doors and dash (is it aluminium, black, or woodgrain plastic)? cannot find any images, and there's no dealer stock to take a peek

and, if I option the 18's, is rubber a 225/40/18 or a 235/40/18?

any ideas?

kojarena
12th December 2005, 11:50 AM
my wife has the AH CDX wagon in Silver Lightning - it has the metallic interior accents. Very stylish. we stayed with 16' rubber so cant help you on the wheels although it would look great with the right set of 18's

dont get the auto - she wanted it because of the child but its a bit gutless in city traffic with the aircon on.

entice
12th December 2005, 11:57 AM
dont get the auto - she wanted it because of the child but its a bit gutless in city traffic with the aircon on.

Am looking at the Silver Lightning in manual, with the OEM 18's from the dealer. Not sure on if it will require suspension mods to make it sit right, but we'll see.

Oh, I think that most things will be gutless in traffic compared to my current car!!!

kojarena
12th December 2005, 12:59 PM
Am looking at the Silver Lightning in manual, with the OEM 18's from the dealer. Not sure on if it will require suspension mods to make it sit right, but we'll see.

Oh, I think that most things will be gutless in traffic compared to my current car!!!

I looked at 18" oem's but for what the dealer wanted I thought we could get a lot better for less at a tyre place direct.

BUT the boss said no to bigger wheels and its her car. I think its gutless because I just came out of a 2004 SS in manual. you in a similar situation?

its a great car - has everything from a safety and luxury perspective. fits a big pram in the back and the baby seat also with room for us upfront.

the only thing i dont like aside from the power is the autotrans and the electronic throttle control. the combination in sydney traffice makes for unbalanced driving and jerky green light starts

entice
12th December 2005, 02:21 PM
Umm kinda of a similar situation to yourself.

Cant find anything nice that I like at a reasonable price out there, and this seems to offer the best package. Oh, and I'm eligible for employee pricing! I'll be moving from an STI (with over 180KW at ALL wheels) into this sort of thing. But judge it on what it is, and it is a good package. I sort of need something with a bit more space to lug junk around and it suits me for now, and will suit us later when and if little ones come along.

Longer term plan is like yourself, the boss ends up with this, we sell her convertible, and I start looking at an Elise or something more fun (a Turbo MX5 if they bring out a real one..like the SP used to be, not like the more recent SE)

R3N
12th December 2005, 03:25 PM
a Zafira OPC would be awesome

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/corsa/images/OPC/ZafiraOPC05_1.jpg

too bad the only cars leftover from the Opel range will be the Astra and Tigra

EL BURITO
12th December 2005, 05:31 PM
a Zafira OPC would be awesome

http://mypage.bluewin.ch/corsa/images/OPC/ZafiraOPC05_1.jpg

too bad the only cars leftover from the Opel range will be the Astra and Tigra

God that looks sic i would have a more family car if i could get me one of those.

pred8r
12th December 2005, 06:29 PM
Even I would consider one of them and theres only 2 of us and definately no kids coming.

Red AH SRI T
13th December 2005, 10:12 AM
The Woodgrain was deleted out of the Astra range in the MY5.5 update.
The MY6 update deleted velour trim out of the CDX

entice
13th December 2005, 05:04 PM
so what's the trim on the CDX hatch?

oh, and I thought the CDX wagon got velour? dont tell me it's back to cloth!

and if it's delivered in 02/06, does that make it anMY06? and are there any scheduled changes?

Red AH SRI T
13th December 2005, 07:07 PM
The trim on the CDX hatch and wagon is now Cloth outter bits and the bits u sit on is some other sort of plush cloth, but not velour, all CDX models now have the silver plastic inserts on dash and doors

2006 models started last month, so yes your will be a MY06

No scheduled changes ahead

entice
13th December 2005, 08:40 PM
a further Q if I may, what's teh usual deal with the 18's?
ie, what should I expect to pay to have the 18's if I supply the tyres?

Just trying NOT to get ripped off!

Red AH SRI T
14th December 2005, 07:33 AM
a further Q if I may, what's teh usual deal with the 18's?
ie, what should I expect to pay to have the 18's if I supply the tyres?

Hmm, with the tyres supplied by the dealer u should expect to pay $2300

Just trying NOT to get ripped off!

Well u should have come bought ur car from me :p

entice
14th December 2005, 07:36 AM
Well u should have come bought ur car from me :p

umm, I'm in melbourne and it's an employee purchase....
:)

Red AH SRI T
14th December 2005, 07:37 AM
its only a short distance to sydney, take a day trip :p