PDA

View Full Version : Boot Handle - No Boot Handle

lowey22
9th December 2005, 11:26 PM
Was plugging up the holes in the boot where the main Holden badge once was and noticed that it would be pretty easy to take the handle off the boot.

What do you think? I'm not sure what I think. I would obviously have to plug up the holes and maybe paint around the boot release button.

Here's a couple of shots...

oneightoo
10th December 2005, 11:41 AM
i'd say leave it on.. it needs something there.. but it doesnt look too bad without it.. but i prefer with it on..

mr_sikma
10th December 2005, 12:16 PM
maybe chrome it?

are you replacing the badge with an opel ;)

lowey22
10th December 2005, 12:59 PM
lol, yea not replacing with an opel badge. not keen for chroming the handle, wouldn't match the rest of the car, but it aint a bad idea, it would be easy to do.

I think i might plug it all up and see if i can recess the boot release button, then see what it looks like. It's easily reversible anyways.

low astra
10th December 2005, 01:25 PM
do it, get rid of it make it look all shaved, i think i may see my painter about this one 2

woody
12th December 2005, 02:53 PM
If you can get a release module fitted internally (remote switch/level by the drivers door) i ssay get rid of the lot and go shaved.. would look good.. if you can't leave it on.. the button sticks out too much!

NUTTTR
12th December 2005, 03:01 PM
get a boot handle without lock, etc from the UK

mr_sikma
12th December 2005, 03:12 PM
you can get a 'popper' solenoid os something and open the boot by button!

InSaNe^Sna1L
12th December 2005, 04:42 PM
maybe chrome it?

are you replacing the badge with an opel ;)

i was going to replace mine with a ferrari badge...just for the novelty value :)

seriously, I think the boot without the lock and a remote lock would be sweet, and perhaps add the chrome addon or something

low astra
12th December 2005, 06:49 PM
shave it all french the number plate get the lock removed and a popper conected 2 a microwave sensor so u can wave your hand over a certain area to on the back window 2 pop the boot, hehehe

mr_sikma
13th December 2005, 11:19 AM
i was going to replace mine with a ferrari badge...just for the novelty value :)

seriously, I think the boot without the lock and a remote lock would be sweet, and perhaps add the chrome addon or something

ferrari badge would be the price of a new opel car!!! lol

BA55UP
13th December 2005, 06:34 PM
they are $2000 from the factory and you have to produce a legit ferrari engine badge number and can only get the badge that goes to that badge number :P

i was comtemplating getting my whole boot shaved, but it would cost too much but i would do it if i had the money
i had a pic around here somewhere...

Yired
13th December 2005, 07:01 PM
I'd get the boot shaven...

low astra
13th December 2005, 08:25 PM
i saw a painter/ panel beater today and there working out a quote for me 2 get the spot for the number plate filled with steel sheet, shaved over, and the plate recessed into a special box with a clear glass lid,

so no handle no lock, just a flat pannel with the plate showing,

I then have 2 see a auto elec about working out a popper system with a micro wave or micro touch sensor to open the lid

mr_sikma
13th December 2005, 10:59 PM
they are $2000 from the factory and you have to produce a legit ferrari engine badge number and can only get the badge that goes to that badge number :P

i was comtemplating getting my whole boot shaved, but it would cost too much but i would do it if i had the money
i had a pic around here somewhere...

far out!!! i thought it would be a bit but not that much!

not that i am going to steal one, but are they easy to get off?

you would hope not!!!!

NUTTTR
13th December 2005, 11:44 PM
i saw a painter/ panel beater today and there working out a quote for me 2 get the spot for the number plate filled with steel sheet, shaved over, and the plate recessed into a special box with a clear glass lid,

so no handle no lock, just a flat pannel with the plate showing,

I then have 2 see a auto elec about working out a popper system with a micro wave or micro touch sensor to open the lid

HEAPS of people in the uk (did i mention HEAPS) have done this... you need a really really good panel beater who's done them before, or prepared to spend LOTS of time getting it right, because it's a large sized area and getting it right is a MUST...

Aaron

lowey22
14th December 2005, 12:32 PM
well I have put the handle back on. dont have the time (or the money) at the moment, but deffinatly something to consider in the future. keep me posted rob.

Yired
14th December 2005, 12:47 PM
I know of someone getting his sss pulsar boot shaven for 500...

low astra
14th December 2005, 06:07 PM
$500 bucks dude that is cheap,

I wouldnt expect much change from about $2500 ive been told around there is where 2 budget for however it may go up or down depending on what they find along the way and how much time it accuatly takes,

mr_sikma
14th December 2005, 08:59 PM
i really dont think its worth it for $2000+

maybe the last mod you do when you are bored and have nothing left too touch!

low astra
14th December 2005, 09:19 PM
i dunno, its all about mods dude, personaly i reckon my next mod is wheels but after that a little shaving is on the cards

NUTTTR
14th December 2005, 10:08 PM
500?? I'd never get that person to touch it... to be a god high quality job, it'll have to be a lot more than 500 IMHO!